• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jollymania

Fistric destroys Niederreiter

Rate this topic

I don't like the title either... I actually thought something had happened to Fistric from first glance...

Beauty of a hit and clean, keep those heads up!

This is a perfect example of hitting hard, while still staying clean, he clearly targeted the shoulder and kept the elbows in...

There was no death.

ever heard of a thing called hyperbole/exaggeration? Or are you that uninformed.

Also with the way this year has been going with all of the player deaths, this is in incredibly bad taste.

HAHAHA call the PC Police.

I don't like the title either... I actually thought something had happened to Fistric from first glance...

Beauty of a hit and clean, keep those heads up!

This is a perfect example of hitting hard, while still staying clean, he clearly targeted the shoulder and kept the elbows in...

if someone would have died form a hit you would have heard about it instantly

if someone would have died form a hit you would have heard about it instantly

That isn't what I meant, I interpreted it to mean something horrible had happened to Fistric (off the ice) and the hockey world lost ANOTHER member and this thread was one to "check in" about it, to see if anyone had info...

It's just misleading is all...

Back to the topic at hand, if he gets suspended for this, it's setting a poor precedent, because up until now, I think Shanny has done a fantastic job of getting it right...

Well, somebody got the attention they were looking for. Title is misleading by design. So what.

I'm not searching for attention. you really don't get it to you, deathcheck is a term used to describe a big hit, did it just fly over your head?

That isn't what I meant, I interpreted it to mean something horrible had happened to Fistric (off the ice) and the hockey world lost ANOTHER member and this thread was one to "check in" about it, to see if anyone had info...

It's just misleading is all...

Back to the topic at hand, if he gets suspended for this, it's setting a poor precedent, because up until now, I think Shanny has done a fantastic job of getting it right...

a check is a play in hockey that involves one player hitting another, but I understand how you read it, but still...

Edited by jollymania

a check is a play in hockey that involves one player hitting another, but I understand how you read it, but still...

Really... you're gonna go that route, really? Don't be snide and condescending with me, you make yourself look like a jackass...

Edited by stevkrause

ever heard of a thing called hyperbole/exaggeration? Or are you that uninformed.

Grow up. You asked why the title was incorrect and I gave you an example. When I read the title I thought someone had died.

To be fair, the title was hard to interpret. Honestly, it threw me for a loop initially. Either way, I don't care, and it's been changed, so it's a moot point.

On that note, wasn't his hearing today at like 2 or 3? I can't find any updates regarding what happened.

Although I had no issue with the title, you have to remember, we live a world of not just PC, but God forbid you offend anyone at anytime. Even my innocent use of the name God just offended someone, somewhere. We live in a world today where these type of people just turned Cookie Monster into Vegetable Monster, they want Bert and Ernie to declare themselves ***, the call a manhole and personhole and they also convinced courts that McDonalds is the reason for most obesity, never-mind the fact that these obese people eat McDonalds 4-5 times a week and don't move out of their seat except to get another Bon-Bon. McDonalds doesn't make people obese, the people do that themselves. Now, my kids, who happen to be nowhere near obese, who happen to love McDonalds fries, have to get LESS fries in their Happy Meal because these people pressured McD's into putting a smaller fry box in the meal and automatically giving them apples. My kids don't like apples, why force them on us? Now, instead of getting what they want, they get less of what they like and the apples go in the trash. I wish these people would just keep their business to themselves and leave my life alone...if I want apples, I will ask for apples!

..sorry, anyhow, the fact that this hit is even going to a phone hearing is about as dumb as calling someone a chairperson rather than a chairman. The small tidbit that TSN wrote says he appears to leave his feet and hit him in the head? UH.....ok are the people making these rules the same people who said the reason Pronger's hit on Holmstrom in 2007 was not illegal, but because of simple physics? Well using simple physics, that is the reason he appeared to leave his feet, from the force of the hit, he did NOT leap up into him. The NHL got it wrong from the start and they need to admit it. If the play was so fast and "looked" like he hit him in the head, stop, review the replay and penalize from there if it's warranted. Every re-play I have seen, this hit isn't a penalty by any aspect of the word penalty.

I wouldn't say it was a deathhit, but he sure did kill him with it! :lol:

Edited by LeftWinger

Although I had no issue with the title, you have to remember, we live a world of not just PC, but God forbid you offend anyone at anytime. Even my innocent use of the name God just offended someone, somewhere. We live in a world today where these type of people just turned Cookie Monster into Vegetable Monster, they want Bert and Ernie to declare themselves ***, the call a manhole and personhole and they also convinced courts that McDonalds is the reason for most obesity, never-mind the fact that these obese people eat McDonalds 4-5 times a week and don't move out of their seat except to get another Bon-Bon. McDonalds doesn't make people obese, the people do that themselves. Now, my kids, who happen to be nowhere near obese, who happen to love McDonalds fries, have to get LESS fries in their Happy Meal because these people pressured McD's into putting a smaller fry box in the meal and automatically giving them apples. My kids don't like apples, why force them on us? Now, instead of getting what they want, they get less of what they like and the apples go in the trash. I wish these people would just keep their business to themselves and leave my life alone...if I want apples, I will ask for apples!

..sorry, anyhow, the fact that this hit is even going to a phone hearing is about as dumb as calling someone a chairperson rather than a chairman. The small tidbit that TSN wrote says he appears to leave his feet and hit him in the head? UH.....ok are the people making these rules the same people who said the reason Pronger's hit on Holmstrom in 2007 was not illegal, but because of simple physics? Well using simple physics, that is the reason he appeared to leave his feet, from the force of the hit, he did NOT leap up into him. The NHL got it wrong from the start and they need to admit it. If the play was so fast and "looked" like he hit him in the head, stop, review the replay and penalize from there if it's warranted. Every re-play I have seen, this hit isn't a penalty by any aspect of the word penalty.

I wouldn't say it was a deathhit, but he sure did kill him with it! :lol:

very nice post

I'm definitely surprised. As I said earlier in the thread, hitting over the years has evolved to allow this kind of leaping into hits. I'm not worried so much about not being able to hit anymore. Like I also mentioned, Stevens (and many others) used to crush people without the Kronwall style leaping up into hits.

It's not surprising as this kind of exploding up directs the blow towards the upperbody and head, but I think it's going to be a painful adjustment period as players learn to hit the old school way.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

NHL.com - Shanahan's video explanation

Now, my kids, who happen to be nowhere near obese, who happen to love McDonalds fries, have to get LESS fries in their Happy Meal because these people pressured McD's into putting a smaller fry box in the meal and automatically giving them apples.

Waitwhat? You're an adult? Whoops.

Personally, i don't think Shanahan is doing that great of a job. I understand that teams were a little put off with the severity of his pre-seaon punishments so he's potentially changed his M.O and that can give off the air of inconsistency but lately I don't understand.

I understand his explanations but I dont understand how he can see what Lucic did to Miller as being ok and what Tootoo did to Miller as not being ok. To me, Fristric's hit was absolutely, 100% clean. I don't think he left his feet during the hit (he exploded up after the hit), to me the principle point of contact wasn't the head, and I don't think he targeted the head.