• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jollymania

Fistric destroys Niederreiter

Rate this topic

This is the type of ruling that will eventually outlaw this type of hit out of the league. I'm not saying the ruling is right or wrong, but the nature of the hit is what is going to cause more suspensions and more problems with this type of hit going forward.

Edited by WingZNut13

I think it's less trying to take the hitting out of the league, and more taking the "no respect for your fellow players" hits out of the league. This is not one of those, unfortunately, and in this case, I think the league got it wrong. They're human, after all, so they're going to make mistakes, but this is just an example of a clean hit being misjudged.

I think it's less trying to take the hitting out of the league, and more taking the "no respect for your fellow players" hits out of the league. This is not one of those, unfortunately, and in this case, I think the league got it wrong. They're human, after all, so they're going to make mistakes, but this is just an example of a clean hit being misjudged.

so the hit in your avatar shoudl have had kronner banned for life?

This is the type of ruling that will eventually outlaw this type of hit out of the league. I'm not saying the ruling is right or wrong, but the nature of the hit is what is going to cause more suspensions and more problems with this type of hit going forward.

just looking at your avatar reminds me, helm is gonna have to watch it. It isn't gonna be good.

just looking at your avatar reminds me, helm is gonna have to watch it. It isn't gonna be good.

I just don't see little Helmer having problems with the rule. However, he might have seen a few games for the hit in my avatar but it's Helmer. I hadn't gotten that excited in a long time when he nailed that guy from Phenoix.

I just don't see little Helmer having problems with the rule. However, he might have seen a few games for the hit in my avatar but it's Helmer. I hadn't gotten that excited in a long time when he nailed that guy from Phenoix.

exactly, these hits are fun to watch but the nhl is getting increasingly stringent with it and it is increasing at a far rapid pace than it ever did.

Although I had no issue with the title, you have to remember, we live a world of not just PC, but God forbid you offend anyone at anytime. Even my innocent use of the name God just offended someone, somewhere. We live in a world today where these type of people just turned Cookie Monster into Vegetable Monster, they want Bert and Ernie to declare themselves ***, the call a manhole and personhole and they also convinced courts that McDonalds is the reason for most obesity, never-mind the fact that these obese people eat McDonalds 4-5 times a week and don't move out of their seat except to get another Bon-Bon. McDonalds doesn't make people obese, the people do that themselves. Now, my kids, who happen to be nowhere near obese, who happen to love McDonalds fries, have to get LESS fries in their Happy Meal because these people pressured McD's into putting a smaller fry box in the meal and automatically giving them apples. My kids don't like apples, why force them on us? Now, instead of getting what they want, they get less of what they like and the apples go in the trash. I wish these people would just keep their business to themselves and leave my life alone...if I want apples, I will ask for apples!

..sorry, anyhow, the fact that this hit is even going to a phone hearing is about as dumb as calling someone a chairperson rather than a chairman. The small tidbit that TSN wrote says he appears to leave his feet and hit him in the head? UH.....ok are the people making these rules the same people who said the reason Pronger's hit on Holmstrom in 2007 was not illegal, but because of simple physics? Well using simple physics, that is the reason he appeared to leave his feet, from the force of the hit, he did NOT leap up into him. The NHL got it wrong from the start and they need to admit it. If the play was so fast and "looked" like he hit him in the head, stop, review the replay and penalize from there if it's warranted. Every re-play I have seen, this hit isn't a penalty by any aspect of the word penalty.

I wouldn't say it was a deathhit, but he sure did kill him with it! :lol:

+1

In my eyes, that was a clean hit.

I'm too lost in the decisions of Shanny. yep, I understand this is about changing the culture of headshots etc.

but man... Lucic skates away with nothing, Tootoo gets 2, Fistric 3... I hope the players get whatever message

is Shanny trying to convey. I for one can't say, that I really get it.

I'm too lost in the decisions of Shanny. yep, I understand this is about changing the culture of headshots etc.

but man... Lucic skates away with nothing, Tootoo gets 2, Fistric 3... I hope the players get whatever message

is Shanny trying to convey. I for one can't say, that I really get it.

I'm ok with the Tootoo ruling (even though I thought that one only deserved a game) but the Fistric ruling is horrible... he did not leave his feet - his momentum projected him upwards AFTER the hit... disappointed in Shanny on this one...

Edited by stevkrause

I'm ok with the Tootoo ruling (even though I thought that one only deserved a game) but the Fistric ruling is horrible... he did not leave his feet - his momentum projected him upwards AFTER the hit... disappointed in Shanny on this one...

How does momentum propell you that far off the ice? The answer is because he jumped into the hit, which is very dangerous. I have no problem at all with suspension. What isn't mentioned at all in the Shanahan video, and maybe I'm wrong, but it looked like there was a elbow/forearm to the head as well (in the angle on the other side of the glass).

In terms of the inconsistency between the Lucic and Tootoo incidents, I have no problem with that either. The Lucic hit was worse in my opinion, but Miller was in his crease on the Tootoo hit, which I think makes a bit of a difference, but the bigger difference is that the GMs met after the Lucic hit and made it pretty clear that they want those types of things suspended in the future, so that's why you see Tootoo suspended.