• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#61 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

I'm ok with the Tootoo ruling (even though I thought that one only deserved a game) but the Fistric ruling is horrible... he did not leave his feet - his momentum projected him upwards AFTER the hit... disappointed in Shanny on this one...

How does momentum propell you that far off the ice? The answer is because he jumped into the hit, which is very dangerous. I have no problem at all with suspension. What isn't mentioned at all in the Shanahan video, and maybe I'm wrong, but it looked like there was a elbow/forearm to the head as well (in the angle on the other side of the glass).

In terms of the inconsistency between the Lucic and Tootoo incidents, I have no problem with that either. The Lucic hit was worse in my opinion, but Miller was in his crease on the Tootoo hit, which I think makes a bit of a difference, but the bigger difference is that the GMs met after the Lucic hit and made it pretty clear that they want those types of things suspended in the future, so that's why you see Tootoo suspended.