• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/4 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Avalanche 4

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Conk's 2nd allowed certainly hurt, but our turnovers in our own damn zone killed us.

Unless it means a no goal for the Wings

Exactly. I wish I was wrong about my bad feeling when I saw he was reffing. Is it wrong to want a d-man to "accidentally" send a slapper near his head like I seem to recall Chelios doing a few seasons ago? Still, the Wings just plain got outplayed in the second and that was the difference. Conklin only had a chance on 1 goal against and in all honesty, he really hoovered it hard. This loss wasn't Conklin's fault. The whole team blew it. If they didn't have the breakdowns that led to the goals, O'Halloran couldn't have been a factor. I'm more worried about the loss of Filppula than I am the loss of the two points.

As Murph said, no team can win them all. The Wings didn't play a bad game, but they did not play a good game either. They know what they have to fix and I am sure they will be able to fix it by Tuesday. On a side note, if Fil is out long term, it will be interesting to see what line combos babs goes with as I want Bert-Dats-Franzen to stay together because they have really been clicking.

Second goal was awful, but Conklin was alright otherwise. Definitely looked rusty handling the puck, although somewhat expected sitting for over a month now. Probably win the game with Jimmy in net, but long-term Conklin has to get some more starts for the benefit of the team come April.

Too many turnovers and needed to finish more on the powerplay as well. Hopefully Fil isn't hurt and they can start a new winning streak on Tuesday.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

meh you cant win them all.

in other news the wild continue to play well. beat the duckies tonight 5-3 to lead the nhl in points with 37

Second goal was awful, but Conklin was alright otherwise. Definitely looked rusty handling the puck, although somewhat expected sitting for over a month now. Probably win the game with Jimmy in net, but long-term Conklin has to get some more starts for the benefit of the team come April.

Too many turnovers and needed to finish more on the powerplay as well. Hopefully Fil isn't hurt and they can start a new winning streak on Tuesday.

Agreed - that game at least gave me a little more confidence in Conklin.