• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

Jordin Tootoo this time. A scuffle after.

#2 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

Ridiculous.

#3 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

Comments in the YouTube video about how sensitive Miller is? Good on him for giving Tootoo a bit of a pounding.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#4 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:55 AM

in fairness, tootoo did kinda try to jump over miller but he could have totally avoided him altogether. props to miller though for pounding that weasel after the fact.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#5 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

I'm sure it was accidental, I mean Tootoo doesn't have a douchey history or anything. :rolleyes:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#6 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:20 PM

in fairness, tootoo did kinda try to jump over miller but he could have totally avoided him altogether. props to miller though for pounding that weasel after the fact.

But it's not like he could expect to somehow leap over a 6'2" standing Miller. Whether malicious or not, it was absolutely reckless. There was nowhere for him to go but into Miller.

#7 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

If he had the puck and didn't leave his feet, thats a hockey play. He didn't have the puck, and he supermaned into him. That is intent to injure in my mind and Tootoo needs a suspension.

I have no idea why i got negged, it seems that people may not like the idea of driving the net with the puck as being a hockey play.

Edited by Shaman464, 04 December 2011 - 06:24 PM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#8 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

Tootoo is going to have to watch his back the next game with these two teams in it. His head is going to be on a stick.

#9 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

Wow! This is Miller's first game back and he took a run at home. Whether he was intending to harm him or not, that's ridiculous. If he doesn't get suspended, there is a serious problem in the NHL discipline office.

Imagine if this was Crosby and he was on the board, got rid of the puck, and 2-3 seconds later, Totoo takes a run at him, Totoo is gone for at least 5 games. The NHL office did so well during the preseason but now, it's time for them to step up and set a precedence against this kind of stuff.

I'm not saying what he did was malicious or anything. He didn't have the puck and to me, it looked like he changed his direction to go right into Miller. But I might just be making that up because I am such a Miller supporter. League needs to steps up and take action.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#10 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

Shanny is now in the position of suspending Tootoo and looking like he's letting star players off easy. Or not fining or suspending Tootoo at all and making it look like he is still okay with running goalies.

#11 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:05 PM

I saw the replay last night but they never said if there was a penalty on the play, was there? Tootoo is a dirt bag. Should he be suspended? Not in my mind. It is up to the Sabres to take care of the weasel with a good beat down. Hats off to Miller for giving him some shots but shame on the Sabres for not kicking his ass for it.

#12 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

Shanny is now in the position of suspending Tootoo and looking like he's letting star players off easy. Or not fining or suspending Tootoo at all and making it look like he is still okay with running goalies.

I think he already has the perception of playing favorites when it comes to star players, i don't expect anything different with a Shanaban on Tootoo after letting Lucic off free.

And for lazy people like me who don't want to click on a link when there is a very simple embed function on this forum....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKIf3aYmBoA

Edited by Konnan511, 04 December 2011 - 02:12 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#13 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

I know this question will generate some laughter but... You think Drew Miller can take Tootoo in a fight? He'll definitely look ridiculous especially with that gray hair. At the same time, if he can get the job done then why not? That his brother for Drew's sake.

#14 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

It's a what? Poke? Coke? Yolk? Brady Hoke?

#15 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

Lucic's hit was worse imo because he had time to avoid it whereas Tootoo didn't.

#16 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

Lucic's hit was worse imo because he had time to avoid it whereas Tootoo didn't.

Right, but Tootoo was the one who chose that angle. Where was he expecting to end up other than into Miller?

#17 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

I know this question will generate some laughter but... You think Drew Miller can take Tootoo in a fight? He'll definitely look ridiculous especially with that gray hair. At the same time, if he can get the job done then why not? That his brother for Drew's sake.

That's what I don't get from the initial Lucic hit. How didn't one of the Sabres immediately get out there and beat Lucic's ass? Granted, he's a solid fighter, but Gaustad in particular would be able to make him regret that hit.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#18 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

The very next time they played Lucic took Gaustad to the wood shed, btw.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#19 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

Tootoo could have avoided him by going behind the net or what smart players do. (Imfact saw Z do it last game) slam on the breaks and hug the goalie to soften then blow. That is what classy players do. Superman dive so your shoulder/elbow fright trains his head. That's what classless punks do.

#20 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

Shanny cant suspend him after not suspending Lucic, which was a much more blatant run if you ask me.

If he does, we'll see the NHL is back to its old star player treatment bs as before

RIP BOB PROBERT #24