• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Krayzie_Bone

Miller Ran again

Rate this topic

You'd do nothing in the heat of the moment when getting bulldozed like that? I'm not talking about your typical scrums right before or after a puck freeze. Somebody running into you at full speed, accidental or not. Pretty big difference there.

Whether Tootoo accidentally did this or not, this does not help his rep whatsoever.

he was obviously trying to get out of the way, why doesn't miller deck his teammate for funneling tootoo towards miller. Anybody can pound on a dude's head while he is tied up, why not man to man drop the gloves with tootoo? Miller is a gigantic wuss, i would never want to see howard act this way. But it seems like all goalies do save for guys like Emery or Hextall.

STRONGLY disagree

Lucic incident, Miller left his crease, and although Lucic is a tough player, he is generally a clean player and does not have a history of this crap

Tootoo is a stain on the game, left his feet AND Miller was entirely in his crease...

These situations could not be any more different...

Tootoo was driving to the net, and took a subtle (SUBTLE) shove from Ehroff. He could have slowed down, yes. I don't think he completely could have avoided the contact, though. Lucic went out of his way to smoke Miller, at least Tootoo's contact was in context with the game. Tootoo will get suspended because of his name, which will piss me right off. Can't suspend a guy just because he has a history. In my opinion, in order to be completely fair, you have to look at the individual incident without taking into account WHO it is, and focus on WHAT IT IS that he did. "Shanaban" has done nothing to change anything, he has just continued to treat stars better like Newfy said.

This is ******* embarrassing. They let Lucic off with nothing, and now Miller's run - by Tootoo no less.

This guy is possibly the best goalie in the game and people are having their way with him. Shanahan really dropped the ball on not suspending Lucic, hope he doesn't f&*# this one up. This is ridiculous.

he was obviously trying to get out of the way, why doesn't miller deck his teammate for funneling tootoo towards miller. Anybody can pound on a dude's head while he is tied up, why not man to man drop the gloves with tootoo? Miller is a gigantic wuss, i would never want to see howard act this way. But it seems like all goalies do save for guys like Emery or Hextall.

He wasn't funneled towards Miller. Tootoo took a path that had no other result other than running Miller.

And Tootoo has done little in his career to expect a fair fight since he's usually the one throwing punches before the other guy even knows he's in a fight.

And Hextall was the king of slashing guys and clobbering them with his blocker a lot more than he ever squared up and fought.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Because you aren't going to hit your own teammate. That's just silly.

As for dropping the gloves, I get the logic generally speaking but what was Miller supposed to do? Both of them were on the ground already. Highly doubt either of them would've waited for the other to get up.

It would have made an awesome youtube moment if Miller went old school NWA wrestling and channeled Magnum T.A. and caught the leaping Tootoo and gave him a belly to belly suplex. Of course I say this because Tootoo is a ****** who I'd enjoy seeing get destroyed since more often than not, IMHO, he seems to skate around looking for the cheap shot oblivious to the presence of a puck on the ice. That said, in fairness to Tootoo, It did look like Ehrhoff helped guide him into Miller, though I do think he could have done a heck of a lot more to avoid the goalie, despite the shove.

Edited by TheXym

This is no different then what drew miller did a few weeks ago against the wild. 2 minutes for goalie intereference and no penalty against buffalo for getting their moneys worth after would have been fine with me. To me the Lucic play had more intent where this was a hockey play gone wrong.

This is no different then what drew miller did a few weeks ago against the wild. 2 minutes for goalie intereference and no penalty against buffalo for getting their moneys worth after would have been fine with me. To me the Lucic play had more intent where this was a hockey play gone wrong.

EXACTLY, i hate tootoo but look at it objectively, though i think both situations only warranted a 2 min penalty.

Well.... I think just about everyone on this board knows my feelings about Trashville and its hockey team. Lets see, down 2-0 at home 2nd period and their teams needs a spark, who ya gonna call, oh thats right the NHL's biggest piece of s*** Jordan PooPoo! This is textbook Trashville hockey, I completly blame this on the coaches of Trashville and why no one else see's this from this team is beyond me. I suppose because its Trashville and no one really cares, but everytime this team gets behind they goon it up! I wish Ryan Miller would have choked the life out of PooPoo, the team and PooPoo are a waste of time and space! GARBAGE!!

If you don't think Barry (my job is on the line) Trotz didn't send PooPoo after Miller, your nuts! Think about it, Trashville had lost 4 of 5 and now 5 of 6 they weren't even starting their prized #1 goalie in the game in Rinne, what do you think! You know Buffalo is gonna run your goalie, so start the backup! Barry has seen coaches getting fired left and right this week and needed to spark his team! Just makes perfect sense to me! I'm sure I will get lynched for this, but whatever!

Must be tough to be Paul Gaustad these days. He's Buffalo's toughest guy and the first time he doesn't do anything. Then he gets beat up by Lucic, and this time the dumbass linesman wouldn't let him at Tootoo.

Oh, and f*** Tootoo. Dirty prick, he deserves a suspension but so did Lucic. Shanny won't do s***, he doesn't know up from down in regards to a suspension. He'll probably call it a hockey play and be done with it.

I (mostly) agree. If this occurred in a Phoenix v. Florida game, I doubt there would be much discussion. The penalty on the play was enough IMO.

Must be tough to be Paul Gaustad these days. He's Buffalo's toughest guy and the first time he doesn't do anything. Then he gets beat up by Lucic, and this time the dumbass linesman wouldn't let him at Tootoo.

Oh, and f*** Tootoo. Dirty prick, he deserves a suspension but so did Lucic. Shanny won't do s***, he doesn't know up from down in regards to a suspension. He'll probably call it a hockey play and be done with it.

Kassian was a tough guy in Juniors. Pretty sure he was dressed against us the other night.

And McCormick must still be injured.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Kassian was a tough guy in Juniors. Pretty sure he was dressed against us the other night.

And McCormick must still be injured.

McCormick has been out for a while now. And I know Kassian's there, but he wasn't on the ice at the time. Too bad because I would've loved to see a rookie kick Tootoos ass.

being a little kid?

Props to Miller for taking matters into his own hands since no one on his team will. If someone ran Jimmy like that, I'd love for him to start throwing bombs with his blocker.

And I can understand him being pissed when it's his first game back since he got ran last time, and he gets full on barreled into again.

mark my words, if someone ever did that s*** to Howard. He would go ape s*** and swinging hardcore.

Suggesting that a golatender square up and drop the gloves against a known fighter is ridiculous. This is why your opinion on fighting is not taken seriously.

esteef

Suggesting that a golatender square up and drop the gloves against a known fighter is ridiculous. This is why your opinion on fighting is not taken seriously.

esteef

it was tongue in cheek, regardless miller is a giant flop, i don't know why people are defending the guy

No suspension. At most he deserved 2 minutes. He tried to go around Ehrhoff, and couldn't easily do it. He ended up in a situation where he was charging the net hard with the puck and his options were to try and score (and possibly crash into Miller) or to throw himself onto the goal. I bet that would have been amusing.

No suspension. At most he deserved 2 minutes. He tried to go around Ehrhoff, and couldn't easily do it. He ended up in a situation where he was charging the net hard with the puck and his options were to try and score (and possibly crash into Miller) or to throw himself onto the goal. I bet that would have been amusing.

Or go around the net since the puck was long gone, or atleast attempt to slow down or brace both players for the hit like Z did a couple nights ago behind the net. Instead he decided his best move was try to jump over a 6' goalie while leading with his shoulder and elbow at his head. It's Jordan Tootoo??? They guy is known for chespshots, taking runs and sucker punches lol....

As for Being a flop.... Tell me 1 NHL goalie that would take either of those hits and not go down. Let alone get up and finish or attempt to finish the game. Infact half the goalies in the league would have played dead in the net after the tootoo hit. I'm sorry but Miller jumping Tootoo is exactly what Howard would do if he got up. Hence why we have seen Howard chuck blockers before (Crosby). Is Howard a ***** because he didn't straight up challenge Crosby to a fight??? Cause I believe we all praised him for standing up for him self and teammates....

The first time I saw this, I thought "Wow! What an ass?! But that's Tootoo for ya". Then I saw the replay a bunch of times... I don't know. He is a cheap and dirty player, but there is some reasonable doubt. He was driving to the net, he tries to move to the front, but Erhoff blocks him prevents him from getting in front of the net, Tootoo is too close to skate behind the net at this point and runs into Miller. He actually tucks his elbow in before contact. People make a big deal about his "jumping". If he doesn't jump and Tootoo holds that position, he slams right into Miller knocking him straight backwards, which I think would have been far more violent of a collision. I think, Tootoo meant to run into Miller in some way during this game to agitate him, but had no intent to injure.