• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

Suggesting that a golatender square up and drop the gloves against a known fighter is ridiculous. This is why your opinion on fighting is not taken seriously.

esteef

it was tongue in cheek, regardless miller is a giant flop, i don't know why people are defending the guy
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#42 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

Am I the only one here to have found the player scrum/comments by the broadcast crew eerily similar to what ya see on a Saturday night of WWF?

:lol:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#43 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,139 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

it was tongue in cheek, regardless miller is a giant flop, i don't know why people are defending the guy

Translation: I don't like Ryan Miller.

#44 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

Translation: I don't like Ryan Miller.

because of this play and his play against lucic, i mean common, grow af****** set. I never used to dislike him.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#45 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:27 AM

because of this play and his play against lucic, i mean common, grow af****** set. I never used to dislike him.

Yeah, concussions are for *******! :rolleyes:

#46 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:54 AM

***** move by Tootoo, good on Miller for wailing on him.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#47 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:30 AM

No suspension. At most he deserved 2 minutes. He tried to go around Ehrhoff, and couldn't easily do it. He ended up in a situation where he was charging the net hard with the puck and his options were to try and score (and possibly crash into Miller) or to throw himself onto the goal. I bet that would have been amusing.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#48 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

No suspension. At most he deserved 2 minutes. He tried to go around Ehrhoff, and couldn't easily do it. He ended up in a situation where he was charging the net hard with the puck and his options were to try and score (and possibly crash into Miller) or to throw himself onto the goal. I bet that would have been amusing.

Or go around the net since the puck was long gone, or atleast attempt to slow down or brace both players for the hit like Z did a couple nights ago behind the net. Instead he decided his best move was try to jump over a 6' goalie while leading with his shoulder and elbow at his head. It's Jordan Tootoo??? They guy is known for chespshots, taking runs and sucker punches lol....

As for Being a flop.... Tell me 1 NHL goalie that would take either of those hits and not go down. Let alone get up and finish or attempt to finish the game. Infact half the goalies in the league would have played dead in the net after the tootoo hit. I'm sorry but Miller jumping Tootoo is exactly what Howard would do if he got up. Hence why we have seen Howard chuck blockers before (Crosby). Is Howard a ***** because he didn't straight up challenge Crosby to a fight??? Cause I believe we all praised him for standing up for him self and teammates....
  • Nev likes this

#49 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

The first time I saw this, I thought "Wow! What an ass?! But that's Tootoo for ya". Then I saw the replay a bunch of times... I don't know. He is a cheap and dirty player, but there is some reasonable doubt. He was driving to the net, he tries to move to the front, but Erhoff blocks him prevents him from getting in front of the net, Tootoo is too close to skate behind the net at this point and runs into Miller. He actually tucks his elbow in before contact. People make a big deal about his "jumping". If he doesn't jump and Tootoo holds that position, he slams right into Miller knocking him straight backwards, which I think would have been far more violent of a collision. I think, Tootoo meant to run into Miller in some way during this game to agitate him, but had no intent to injure.

#50 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

Suggesting that a golatender square up and drop the gloves against a known fighter is ridiculous. This is why your opinion on fighting is not taken seriously.

esteef

Much less a goalie just back from a concussion.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#51 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

Sportsnet.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#52 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

What did Miller do to Lucic? The slash while he was sitting on his ass after being freight trained? Out of all this, that is what you are mad about? LMAO

Grow af****** set? Looks like he did when he started pounding on Tootoo after getting run over in his first game back. Seriously, what the f*** do you expect him to do? I want to see you get freight trained, then you can 'grow af****** set' and sit there and ***** about it and see where that gets you.

Having said that...I don't think Tootoo intended to run Miller. Albeit, the onus is on the skater to make sure he has an out instead of just barreling through the goalie, so technically speaking, he is responsible for this.

Edited by rrasco, 05 December 2011 - 02:46 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#53 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

Hey Miller, hit Tootoo once for me!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#54 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_JTw-4srzk

It's a what? Poke? Coke? Yolk? Brady Hoke?

That last replay is great, Miller starts punching Tootoo before they hit the ice!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#55 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

Yeah, concussions are for *******! :rolleyes:

he didn't get a concussion form the lucic hit, there is no way, if it did happen it was after, and lately they have changed it to concussion like symptoms, since a concussion in the nhl relates to a headache, concussion like symptoms must be like saying you had a headache but you didn't really you just wanted to make a point.

What did Miller do to Lucic? The slash while he was sitting on his ass after being freight trained? Out of all this, that is what you are mad about? LMAO

Grow af****** set? Looks like he did when he started pounding on Tootoo after getting run over in his first game back. Seriously, what the f*** do you expect him to do? I want to see you get freight trained, then you can 'grow af****** set' and sit there and ***** about it and see where that gets you.

Having said that...I don't think Tootoo intended to run Miller. Albeit, the onus is on the skater to make sure he has an out instead of just barreling through the goalie, so technically speaking, he is responsible for this.

when did I say that was what I was mad at? That wasn't a freight train hit, or anything close.

The first time I saw this, I thought "Wow! What an ass?! But that's Tootoo for ya". Then I saw the replay a bunch of times... I don't know. He is a cheap and dirty player, but there is some reasonable doubt. He was driving to the net, he tries to move to the front, but Erhoff blocks him prevents him from getting in front of the net, Tootoo is too close to skate behind the net at this point and runs into Miller. He actually tucks his elbow in before contact. People make a big deal about his "jumping". If he doesn't jump and Tootoo holds that position, he slams right into Miller knocking him straight backwards, which I think would have been far more violent of a collision. I think, Tootoo meant to run into Miller in some way during this game to agitate him, but had no intent to injure.

exactly, the amount of force actually exerted on miller wouldn't make a 5 year old cry
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#56 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Am I the only one here to have found the player scrum/comments by the broadcast crew eerily similar to what ya see on a Saturday night of WWF?

:lol:

Someone hasn't watched wrestling since the 80's.

:D
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#57 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

Tim Thomas was hit by Pens players twice tonight. No penalties called on the plays.

#58 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:33 AM

Bettman thinks "goalie carnage" is good for the game.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#59 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

he didn't get a concussion form the lucic hit, there is no way, if it did happen it was after, and lately they have changed it to concussion like symptoms, since a concussion in the nhl relates to a headache, concussion like symptoms must be like saying you had a headache but you didn't really you just wanted to make a point.

Yeah, Hmmm. How would he have picked up a neck injury/headaches in a hit like the one from Lucic? Is a professional, high-level athlete fighting tooth and nail for the playoffs going to fake something for seven games because he wants someone suspended?

He had headaches and an extremely sore neck. From the Lucic hit. Only seven months after concussions kept him from games late last year. He missed seven games with these symptoms because he needed to grow a pair?

#60 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

when did I say that was what I was mad at? That wasn't a freight train hit, or anything close.

You didn't say you were mad, you illustrated it by stating Miller should 'grow af****** set' and letting emotion get in the way of your linguistics.

At any rate...Tootoo got the Shanaban: http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=605024

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid