• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

Shanny got this one right. Tootoo put himself on a path where contact was inevitable. I hadn't even really considered the contacted the head part, but that makes it worse.

It's just too bad he dropped the ball and Lucic got away without even a fine. Whether it was a factor or not, it sure looks like more kid glove treatment for star players.

#62 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

What a crock of s***. "Shanaban" has merely continued the trend of letting star players get away with murder. What af****** joke.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#63 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

Shanny got this one right. Tootoo put himself on a path where contact was inevitable. I hadn't even really considered the contacted the head part, but that makes it worse.

It's just too bad he dropped the ball and Lucic got away without even a fine. Whether it was a factor or not, it sure looks like more kid glove treatment for star players.

OKay, now every time a wing touches a goalie he better be suspended
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#64 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

OKay, now every time a wing touches a goalie he better be suspended

yes, because that would logically follow from what I said. :rolleyes:

#65 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

Done with Shanny. Have been for a while but gotta get my stanch out there first and foremost of course :D

2 for Tootoo equates to 5 or more for Lucic, which is crazy in it's own right. And that's what Shanny has messed up so terribly, no one knows what a suspension is anymore and people so easily now can look at one vs another and see a discrepancy. I wouldn't call Lucic a star player but he was a top line guy on the Stanley Cup champs and he got off easy. Can't wait to see Malkin swing a stick at someones head and get a fine for being "reckless".

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 06 December 2011 - 07:26 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#66 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

Everything Shanahan said about the tootoo suspension rings true of the lucic hit. Ball was dropped on the lucic hit, but maybe shanahan can pick it up and show some consistency from here on in

#67 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

The glaring problem with this incident I saw (after viewing the video) is where the f&*k was Rinne while his team was out numbered 6 on 5? He F'ing sat his ***** ass in the net and watched the whole thing. Good for Miller getting involved and not flopping and faking an injury, but most these goalies now a days are so pampered and (as shown by Rinne) afraid to protect themselves (and teammates) maybe they need to be knocked around a bit to keep them from getting too pussified. What would Roy have done?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#68 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

Rinne wasn't playing. Lindback was.

Edited by ChelisChick, 06 December 2011 - 07:28 PM.

#69 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

Rinne wasn't playing. Lindback was.

That explains it! :lol: Ya, I tried to read the number on his sweater but that camera panned away too fast, wasn't sure whether it was Rinne or Lindback...the point remains the same, he should've been in the scrum instead of changing his pad.

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#70 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

I understand what you're saying, but if he'd left his crease and charged down the ice, he could've possibly created a short-handed situation for his team.
Gaustad and Tootoo both got tossed from the game, but there was no powerplay for either team. Play resumed 5-on-5. The refs were calling a pretty tight game up until then, so Lindback may have wound up with a penalty.
Either way, Shanny made the right decision. Seeing it live, there's no question.

#71 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

I understand what you're saying, but if he'd left his crease and charged down the ice, he could've possibly created a short-handed situation for his team.
Gaustad and Tootoo both got tossed from the game, but there was no powerplay for either team. Play resumed 5-on-5. The refs were calling a pretty tight game up until then, so Lindback may have wound up with a penalty.
Either way, Shanny made the right decision. Seeing it live, there's no question.

I didn't see or hear any of the penalty's, but are you telling me out of all that nobody got a power play? Sheesh!

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#72 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

Nope. No power play. It took them a while to figure it all out, but in the end they played even strength.

#73 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

yes, because that would logically follow from what I said. :rolleyes:

According to what you said Abby should be getting what about 5 games? What do you have to say now?
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#74 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:13 PM

So i guess Booth should be suspended for this?
Not gonna happen.

#75 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

Not gonna happen.

That's the way they're calling it if your name isn't Crosby, Ovechkin, etc.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#76 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

That's the way they're calling it if your name isn't Crosby, Ovechkin, etc.

It happened two days ago and they're not doing anything about it. This was all about appeasing the buffalo sabres and all their whining about the Lucic hit.

#77 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

Not sure if I agree with this one.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#78 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

According to what you said Abby should be getting what about 5 games? What do you have to say now?

I only saw a two second clip in the highlights so I really didn't see it enough to have an opinion.

My point wasn't that they should suspend any guy that hit the goalie. But based on what Shanny's been doing if he wanted to be consistent Lucic deserved at least a fine for intentionally hitting a player not eligible to be hit. And I don't think Tootoo's whole purpose was to run Miller, but I think he took advantage of that opportunity.

If he weren't such a scumbag of a player, he likely would've just gotten a fine or nothing at all.

Not gonna happen.

I'm far from a Nucks fan, but that looked like he did try to pull up and minimize contact.

Guys are going to crash the net. There's always going to be a gray area as to if they tried to run the goalie or not. Of all these hits, Lucic's was the most egregious in my book. He clearly took the opportunity to hit Miller, who was not eligible to be hit.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 07 December 2011 - 12:31 PM.