• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheXym

The Final Call by Kerry Fraser

Rate this topic

I just finished reading the paperback edition, and it's a pretty good read. It's pretty interesting to hear some hockey stories from a ref's perspective, and Fraser was one of the best at calling it down the middle, imho. His TSN web column is also pretty good reading. Has anyone else read it?

I'll miss his hair!

Heh, I had a quote published in Buccigross's column for a caption of a bloodied Chris Drury between two linesmen with his helmet off and pretty bad helmet hair. The caption I sent in? Something along the lines of "That's the last time I steal Fraser's hair shellac". :)

according to Amazon, my copy of the book is right now in Belgium, so I should get it tomorrow or wednesday through my house door (that's how it works in Netherlands)...

yes, I absolutely plan to read it ASAP. have to finish this one before, though: http://www.amazon.com/Our-Posthuman-Future-Consequences-Biotechnology/dp/0312421710/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1323072573&sr=8-8

This was a very good book to read. One odd thing I noticed is that he can't find fault with almost everyone he mentions. So, I guess you have to come up with names not mentioned and wonder if he A) has no opinion of them or B) Is taking the "high road", living by the axiom "if you don't have anything nice to say about someone...". Because of his candidness in the book, regarding certain issues the League should be looking at but are not, Bettman has a strong dislike for him.

This was a very good book to read. One odd thing I noticed is that he can't find fault with almost everyone he mentions. So, I guess you have to come up with names not mentioned and wonder if he A) has no opinion of them or B) Is taking the "high road", living by the axiom "if you don't have anything nice to say about someone...". Because of his candidness in the book, regarding certain issues the League should be looking at but are not, Bettman has a strong dislike for him.

Based on his overall tone I'd have to infer B from your choices. I enjoyed it as I said in the first post. He seems like he'd be an awesome guy to have a few beers with and listen to his hockey anecdotes.