• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Filly-poola

Rate this topic

I'm sure Don Cherry can't pronounce Filppula. I recall him saying "Filapov" once, probably thinks he's russian

Unless its Smith, Brown or Jones, Don Cherry cant pronounce it but you'd think after having a guy on your team for 6 years, Babs would learn how to say Fil's name correctly!

Heal quick Filly-poola

I think he does it on purpose so that all the players kno they r beneath him. Fran-sen, Filly-poola, Datsick, Hoodler.....prevents players from becoming pre-madonna superstars and lets em kno hes the big man in charge lol love babs

I think he does it on purpose so that all the players kno they r beneath him. Fran-sen, Filly-poola, Datsick, Hoodler.....prevents players from becoming pre-madonna superstars and lets em kno hes the big man in charge lol love babs

Reminds me of this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekz7HOlGo-0

boob-cock?

He's a border line grammar retard. Every time I hear him say so-and-so played "good" instead of "well" I kind of cringe in a subtle way - and I ain't no grammar police. I don't know he just seems pretty dumb - not GWB kinda dumb - but close....

:hysterical:

Well, she was from Detroit, but I'm pretty sure she's older than they are.

or maybe that is the correct way of pronouncing it? Maybe he asked Val exactly how is it pronounced and that is what he told him....Nobody is worse than Budd Lynch. Period.

So true bout Budd Lynch... Lol, what did he call cleary on opening night... ."Don Cherry"?? Lol I was rolling...

So true bout Budd Lynch... Lol, what did he call cleary on opening night... ."Don Cherry"?? Lol I was rolling...

If thats the same thing I am thinking of, it was kinda crazy. He completely butchered a couple names and then just went silent for like 10 full seconds. I honestly though he had a stroke for a second there...

This is what came to my mind.

I think the mispronunciation is purposeful, much like ron swanson, perfect video and hilarious lol. I think his bad grammar is more "step brotherish" (stupid) thou lol

italian lesson guys.

prima-donna.

translates to number one woman.

not pre-madonna, unless youre referring to before 1890.

UR ALL NAZIS MAN!!! F'N NAZIS!!!...na but really i prolly shoulda used correct spelling on this particular thread lol

UR ALL NAZIS MAN!!! F'N NAZIS!!!...na but really i prolly shoulda used correct spelling on this particular thread lol

Its cool man. This was one of 3 things I learned in 2 years of italian classes in high school, so I felt compelled to say it so I can tell myself that it wasnt a waste of 2 years.

or maybe that is the correct way of pronouncing it? Maybe he asked Val exactly how is it pronounced and that is what he told him....Nobody is worse than Budd Lynch. Period.

lol...I hear ya on Budd lynch, but to me, anyone over the age of 85 gets a pass!

Look, I love Babs as much as the next guy. But there is NO WAY he is right and everyone else is wrong. Filly-poola...... :hysterical:

I thought you were seriously making a joke and I thought it was hysterical. Playing on "prima donna" and adding in that the Wings are so old that they're older than the singer.

Anyway, no one is worse with Flip's name than my dad was. I begged him just to say "Flip" and leave it at that. I think he was trying to get Philippians and Flipper in there at the same time as Filppula, and ending it like Dracula. It ended up as sort of Filiplipilyula, only scrunched together really fast.