• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/6 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Blues 3

Rate this topic

That was disappointing. If they would have played the entire game like they did the last couple minutes we would have won.

This. As bad as Ericsson was on two plays where he got burned, he wasn't the only one who could have been MUCH better. Most noticeably bad due to the two goals? Heck yes. But others were bad as well. Sadly the Cleary whiff on the open net, even with a rolling puck, also stands out as a significant missed chance. Blowing those against a goalie as hot as Elliot has been, like I said, more often than not, will do just that. Howie played pretty well, the goals against he was hung out to dry or a defender was tripped on the faceoff and no call.

Needs less Ericsson... I feel like he is the anti-Lidstrom. Lidstrom at all times appears to be thinking ahead of everyone else. He is a thought quicker then the entire opposing team at most times. Ericsson is a thought slower than everyone else.

Besides for the obvious though, I agree it is frustrating to lose to the same teams in the same way over and over. Good thing we are coming home for a couple games because we can't afford to have losing streaks of any kind with how tight the WC is.

Babcock needs to do a better job with this team in regards to a loss. They should not be winning a bunch of games in a row and then losing a bunch in a row. They should be able to respond to losing with a win the next game because that is what the playoffs is all about. All in all, this is no big problem, we know what the Wings are capable of and I expect Fil will play Thurs and we will dominate once again. Wings regroup and lets play hockey on Thursday!

That game was pure garbage in every way. Hockey should be entertaining and I don't find watching two jackasses call nonstop penalties for 60 minutes remotely enjoyable. It's been six years since the lockout and still no one knows what a penalty is in this league on a nightly basis. There's no consistency whatsoever. 16 combined powerplays and over half the game being played on specialty teams is a joke.

The Blues are a disgrace, just like the Sharks. Elliott had one of the most blatant flops ever and somehow still gets a penalty call in his favor. Oshie was diving like Setoguchi and the Blues got away with interference in their own zone all night. I hate the re-alignment even more now having to watch these boring teams that trap like the Blues, Wild and Predators all of the time. I wish someone on the Wings would clock Jackman -- tonight was the perfect chance since they spent every shift killing penalties regardless.

Ericsson gets paid a lot of money to not play defense. That contract is working out nicely. I don't even hate the guy all that much, but he was directly responsible for two goals being out of position. Bring Smith back up and play him with Kronwall if Ericsson isn't even going to be reliable defensively.

I love Z to death, but damn he's gotta start scoring some goals. He's looked strong lately and generated chances, but we need more than just Franzen and Datsyuk putting the puck in the net with Filppula out.

Tonight we struggled against a big, young, fast team that works really hard. High energy teams that can pressure Detroit and take away passing lanes will always bother a team like this.

I really hope Bertuzz is ok. There was way too many opportunities where shots could have been taken .... 5 games ago everything was going on net, I think they net to get back (to a degree) to that volume shooting strategy -especially agains a team that was blocking lanes and picking off so many passes/dangles.

This Blues team is going to be tough to play against all year.

That game was pure garbage in every way. Hockey should be entertaining and I don't find watching two jackasses call nonstop penalties for 60 minutes remotely enjoyable. It's been six years since the lockout and still no one knows what a penalty is in this league on a nightly basis. There's no consistency whatsoever. 16 combined powerplays and over half the game being played on specialty teams is a joke.

The Blues are a disgrace, just like the Sharks. Elliott had one of the most blatant flops ever and somehow still gets a penalty call in his favor. Oshie was diving like Setoguchi and the Blues got away with interference in their own zone all night. I hate the re-alignment even more now having to watch these boring teams that trap like the Blues, Wild and Predators all of the time. I wish someone on the Wings would clock Jackman -- tonight was the perfect chance since they spent every shift killing penalties regardless.

Ericsson gets paid a lot of money to not play defense. That contract is working out nicely. I don't even hate the guy all that much, but he was directly responsible for two goals being out of position. Bring Smith back up and play him with Kronwall if Ericsson isn't even going to be reliable defensively.

I love Z to death, but damn he's gotta start scoring some goals. He's looked strong lately and generated chances, but we need more than just Franzen and Datsyuk putting the puck in the net with Filppula out.

Elliott embellished there. I saw Hasek do a lot of embellishments. Were the wings a disgrace then? Howie also overreacted to the collision afterwards. Perron was nudged by Stuart and he may have avoided contact with Howie otherwise. He landed on him to the side of the net. Howie immediately went after him and Howie did not get a roughing call for retaliation after Perron made contact with him following Stuart's nudge of Perron, which resulted in a pp and ppg. It works both ways.