• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#541 Cajanek_Spielmacher

Cajanek_Spielmacher

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

SHORT TERM MEMORY PROBLEMS? 25 years in a row and as recently as 3 seasons ago? Under 25 then is the answer? :punk:
PRIDE-PASSION-DETERMINATION-FAITH-ST.LOUIS BLUES----

#542 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

SHORT TERM MEMORY PROBLEMS? 25 years in a row and as recently as 3 seasons ago? Under 25 then is the answer? :punk:

Stop talking.

Posted Image

#543 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,875 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

Maybe he meant the last time they won a playoff series? When was that, a decade ago?

#544 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

That truly was a great record - making the playoffs 25 years in a row. It's just such a shame that the Blues couldn't do anything once they got there.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#545 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

Yes, I agree that this looks like a stupid comment after watching the replay. But in Jimmy's defense, he said this before he saw the replay. I'm guessing that watching replays before players are interviewed by the media almost never happens. If he had said this some time after the game, you would have an argument.

In Jimmy's defense? What?
That is my whole point.
Don't run your mouth until you are sure and have seen a replay. You just come off looking like a fool.
He could have said something along the lines of, "I haven't seen the replay yet, but I felt he took a run at me, so I reacted. I'll have to take a look and see what really happened."
That would have been a better way to go.

And I'm sure they put the replay up on the scoreboard. Players look up there quite often to see what transpired. He may have seen the replay and chose not to call out his defenseman for driving Perron into him.

#546 cprice12

cprice12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

Remember the last time the blues made the playoffs? Me neither...

New to the sport eh?

3 years ago.

And a couple years before that... does 25 years in a row ring a bell?

#547 cprice12

cprice12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:17 AM

I don't see any evidence that Stuart forced Perron into Howard. A nudge doesn't result in what Perron did. It was far worse than Abdelkader accidentally hitting Elliott in the head with an errant elbow and Elliott flopping like he got shot. I also noted Oshie was diving all night as well. The Blues looked a lot like the last two playoff series against the Sharks. The refs seemed to catch everything except the Blues diving and the interference in their own zone.

Nice "Red Wings suck" chant though while your rafters are empty. :thumbup:

Are you f'ing kidding me?
No evidence at all? :lol: How blind are you? Give me a break.
Both Stuart and Perron said contact couldn't be avoided. Perron was skating in front and Stuart checked him into Howard. It's not a difficult play to analyze at all if you objectively look at it without bias.

Elliot flopped back, sure...but that still doesn't change the fact Abdelkader drove into him pretty hard...without being pushed or directed into Elliot. Abdelkader deserved a penalty for being careless...and Elliot could have gotten a diving penalty if you want to get picky.
But hey, you guys are the experts on goalie dives...Hasek did play for you guys for a while.

And if you give Perron a penalty, you absolutly have to give Howard a penalty for jumping on top of Perron and taking a few shots. I don't think Blues fans would have been nearly as upset if Howard would have gotten a penalty as well and things evened out...but he didn't, and they didn't. So instead of one bad call on the play, there are two...a bad call and a bad no-call...which resulted in a goal for Detroit on the PP.

An absolute gift from the officials.

#548 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

I've never seen a fanbase whine so much about a game they won.

Elliott COULD have gotten a diving penalty? More like it was a disgrace he didn't.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#549 cprice12

cprice12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

I've never seen a fanbase whine so much about a game they won.

Elliott COULD have gotten a diving penalty? More like it was a disgrace he didn't.

Not near as much of a disgrace as it was when Howard didn't get a penalty for attacking Perron.

And when a fan favorite and key member of the future of this team comes back from a year long absence due to a concussion, and in his 2nd game back he is wrongly attacked by a guy and has to dodge punches to his face...yeah, the fans are going to be a little upset that he wasn't penalized...it's not surprising they want to talk about it. I'd say it would be very strange for fans to not care about that incident and only care about the fact the Blues won.

Perron himself said he had to try to make sure he didn't catch one of the punches in the head.

But I guess I'm talking to a wall here. You guys have your blinders on.
Fair enough.

#550 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

I think this is a pointless argument because in the end, no matter what team, we will see it as homers, just like fans of other teams will see it from their "homer" perspective. Take this for instance. We Wings fans always complain about when Homer gets cross-checked in front of the opponents net or when the goalie goes after him and such because OUR player is the victim in our eyes. Reverse the situation, like against the Blues, and their guy going to the net is to blame and our defenseman and goalie have the right to knock around, punch or cross check whoever on the other team. I understand where the Blues fan is coming from, I would not be too thrilled if Pavs came back from a lengthy injury and made a move to the net, pissed the goalie off and started getting punched in the head.

We are all loyal fans of hockey and none of us want to admit when someone on our team did something wrong (unless they are amongst the unfortunate few who get hated on by everyone such as cleary or hudler).