• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

Fistric just got suspended for a legal hit exactly in the manner in which these two players make hits.

All I can say is I told you so to the people so naive not to see this coming.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#2 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

Existing NHL suspension thread

Or the thread you made on this same hit.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 07 December 2011 - 03:33 PM.

#3 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

this thread is about stuart and kronwall and the hits that they make

BANNED:

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#4 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,974 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#5 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

Banned:

- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#6 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

Fistric left his feet.

Not sure what the issue is here.

Posted Image

#7 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

Fistric left his feet.

This is not my belief buuuuuttttt people are saying that he left his feet during the followthrough, not the hit itself. Idk what that means but that's what people are saying.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#8 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

Fistric left his feet.

stuart and kronwall both left thier feet on those hits, those are now illegal, both players hit this way frequently, or are you blind? Or do you not care that the wings will stop hitting/be suspended if they do?

Edited by jollymania, 07 December 2011 - 04:30 PM.

- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#9 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

This is not my belief buuuuuttttt people are saying that he left his feet during the followthrough, not the hit itself. Idk what that means but that's what people are saying.

When your feet leave AFTER contact, it is because of the process of using your legs to propel yourself into a player, which is usually upwards.

When you leave your feet BEFORE contact, you are essentially dead weight in the air (due to there being no fulcrum at the ice where you can be knocked backwards more easily) and can cause a lot more injury to a player's body, including the head.

The Shanaban video shows Fistric left his feet before contact. That is a charge.

stuart and kronwall both left thier feet on those hits, those are now illegal, both players hit this way frequently, or are you blind? Or do you not care that the wings will stop hitting/be suspended if they do?

Stuart had at least one foot on the ice before contact. Or are you blind?

Edited by Doc Holliday, 07 December 2011 - 04:32 PM.

Posted Image

#10 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

When your feet leave AFTER contact, it is because of the process of using your legs to propel yourself into a player, which is usually upwards.

When you leave your feet BEFORE contact, you are essentially dead weight in the air (due to there being no fulcrum at the ice where you can be knocked backwards more easily) and can cause a lot more injury to a player's body, including the head.

The Shanaban video shows Fistric left his feet before contact. That is a charge.

Stuart had at least one foot on the ice before contact. Or are you blind?

fistric had both feet on the ice at contact making your argument that much more ridiculous. The reverse angle in teh shanahan video show both feet on the ice at contact. Furthermore, Shanahan says that the act of leaving the feet, and not leaving hte feet before contact is the reason for the suspension.
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#11 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

fistric had both feet on the ice at contact making your argument that much more ridiculous. The reverse angle in teh shanahan video show both feet on the ice at contact. Furthermore, Shanahan says that the act of leaving the feet, and not leaving hte feet before contact is the reason for the suspension.

Well, wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Shanahan shows a scren cap of his feet leaving the ice. Plus, the fact his feet went up so high proves he left his feet prior to making contact.

Second, he says himself that the NHL understands that after making contact the feet come into the air, but Fistric's feet went way too high for it to be simply due to the "follow through of the collision".

Watch the video. It is obvious he jumps into the guy like Kronwall's two hits in the 2008 quarterfinals.

Posted Image

#12 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

The Shanaban video shows Fistric left his feet before contact.

No it doesn't. I've looked at the different videos multiple times and when you pause at the moment of impact, both of Fistrics feet are clearly on the ice. He left his feet on the follow through, just like Kronwall does on pretty much all of his big highlight real hits.

#13 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

I thought this thread wasn't about Fistric, but rather Kronwall and Stuart. If you want to discuss the Fistric hit, haroldsnepsts was kind enough to point you to two other threads discussing the topic, including one you even made.

#14 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

I thought this thread wasn't about Fistric, but rather Kronwall and Stuart. If you want to discuss the Fistric hit, haroldsnepsts was kind enough to point you to two other threads discussing the topic, including one you even made.

I am not the one discussing it, other people are.
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#15 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

No it doesn't. I've looked at the different videos multiple times and when you pause at the moment of impact, both of Fistrics feet are clearly on the ice. He left his feet on the follow through, just like Kronwall does on pretty much all of his big highlight real hits.

I've seen the video (not jolly's crappy screencap, but an actual video with more than one frame) showing how he jumps into the hit.

If Kronwall and Stuart explode into the body with their feet still on the ice, they will be fine. If not, they will earn a suspension and life will go on.

Posted Image

#16 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

I've seen the video (not jolly's crappy screencap, but an actual video with more than one frame) showing how he jumps into the hit.

If Kronwall and Stuart explode into the body with their feet still on the ice, they will be fine. If not, they will earn a suspension and life will go on.

i also posted a slow mo hd video of the hit that clearly showed it, you are just wrong on this one, sorry.

Well, wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Shanahan shows a scren cap of his feet leaving the ice. Plus, the fact his feet went up so high proves he left his feet prior to making contact.

Second, he says himself that the NHL understands that after making contact the feet come into the air, but Fistric's feet went way too high for it to be simply due to the "follow through of the collision".

Watch the video. It is obvious he jumps into the guy like Kronwall's two hits in the 2008 quarterfinals.

he shows a frame after he made contact and freezes it. The second part applies to stuart and kronwall.
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#17 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

I have too, and when you go frame by frame, and pause at the moment of impact, his skates are on the ice. If that is jumping into a hit, then what Kronwall and Stuart do almost every game is also jumping into a hit. I think thats the point of this thread...

#18 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

I have too, and when you go frame by frame, and pause at the moment of impact, his skates are on the ice. If that is jumping into a hit, then what Kronwall and Stuart do almost every game is also jumping into a hit. I think thats the point of this thread...

It's really not the same.

Show me a clean hit by either that has their feet going into the air to the degree Fistric's did.

Posted Image

#19 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

It's really not the same.

Show me a clean hit by either that has their feet going into the air to the degree Fistric's did.

kronwalls feet go higher on the kaleta hit FFS, you could say it with a ton of kronwall hits
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#20 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

kronwalls feet go higher on the kaleta hit FFS, you could say it with a ton of kronwall hits

It's because Kaleta knocks him way backward.

Posted Image