• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Kronwall and Stuart may be hitting a lot less now

Rate this topic

Fistric left his feet.

Not sure what the issue is here.

This is not my belief buuuuuttttt people are saying that he left his feet during the followthrough, not the hit itself. Idk what that means but that's what people are saying.

Fistric left his feet.

Not sure what the issue is here.

stuart and kronwall both left thier feet on those hits, those are now illegal, both players hit this way frequently, or are you blind? Or do you not care that the wings will stop hitting/be suspended if they do?

Edited by jollymania

This is not my belief buuuuuttttt people are saying that he left his feet during the followthrough, not the hit itself. Idk what that means but that's what people are saying.

When your feet leave AFTER contact, it is because of the process of using your legs to propel yourself into a player, which is usually upwards.

When you leave your feet BEFORE contact, you are essentially dead weight in the air (due to there being no fulcrum at the ice where you can be knocked backwards more easily) and can cause a lot more injury to a player's body, including the head.

The Shanaban video shows Fistric left his feet before contact. That is a charge.

stuart and kronwall both left thier feet on those hits, those are now illegal, both players hit this way frequently, or are you blind? Or do you not care that the wings will stop hitting/be suspended if they do?

Stuart had at least one foot on the ice before contact. Or are you blind?

Edited by Doc Holliday

When your feet leave AFTER contact, it is because of the process of using your legs to propel yourself into a player, which is usually upwards.

When you leave your feet BEFORE contact, you are essentially dead weight in the air (due to there being no fulcrum at the ice where you can be knocked backwards more easily) and can cause a lot more injury to a player's body, including the head.

The Shanaban video shows Fistric left his feet before contact. That is a charge.

Stuart had at least one foot on the ice before contact. Or are you blind?

fistric had both feet on the ice at contact making your argument that much more ridiculous. The reverse angle in teh shanahan video show both feet on the ice at contact. Furthermore, Shanahan says that the act of leaving the feet, and not leaving hte feet before contact is the reason for the suspension.

fistric had both feet on the ice at contact making your argument that much more ridiculous. The reverse angle in teh shanahan video show both feet on the ice at contact. Furthermore, Shanahan says that the act of leaving the feet, and not leaving hte feet before contact is the reason for the suspension.

Well, wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Shanahan shows a scren cap of his feet leaving the ice. Plus, the fact his feet went up so high proves he left his feet prior to making contact.

Second, he says himself that the NHL understands that after making contact the feet come into the air, but Fistric's feet went way too high for it to be simply due to the "follow through of the collision".

Watch the video. It is obvious he jumps into the guy like Kronwall's two hits in the 2008 quarterfinals.

The Shanaban video shows Fistric left his feet before contact.

No it doesn't. I've looked at the different videos multiple times and when you pause at the moment of impact, both of Fistrics feet are clearly on the ice. He left his feet on the follow through, just like Kronwall does on pretty much all of his big highlight real hits.

I thought this thread wasn't about Fistric, but rather Kronwall and Stuart. If you want to discuss the Fistric hit, haroldsnepsts was kind enough to point you to two other threads discussing the topic, including one you even made.

I am not the one discussing it, other people are.

No it doesn't. I've looked at the different videos multiple times and when you pause at the moment of impact, both of Fistrics feet are clearly on the ice. He left his feet on the follow through, just like Kronwall does on pretty much all of his big highlight real hits.

I've seen the video (not jolly's crappy screencap, but an actual video with more than one frame) showing how he jumps into the hit.

If Kronwall and Stuart explode into the body with their feet still on the ice, they will be fine. If not, they will earn a suspension and life will go on.

I've seen the video (not jolly's crappy screencap, but an actual video with more than one frame) showing how he jumps into the hit.

If Kronwall and Stuart explode into the body with their feet still on the ice, they will be fine. If not, they will earn a suspension and life will go on.

i also posted a slow mo hd video of the hit that clearly showed it, you are just wrong on this one, sorry.

Well, wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Shanahan shows a scren cap of his feet leaving the ice. Plus, the fact his feet went up so high proves he left his feet prior to making contact.

Second, he says himself that the NHL understands that after making contact the feet come into the air, but Fistric's feet went way too high for it to be simply due to the "follow through of the collision".

Watch the video. It is obvious he jumps into the guy like Kronwall's two hits in the 2008 quarterfinals.

he shows a frame after he made contact and freezes it. The second part applies to stuart and kronwall.

I have too, and when you go frame by frame, and pause at the moment of impact, his skates are on the ice. If that is jumping into a hit, then what Kronwall and Stuart do almost every game is also jumping into a hit. I think thats the point of this thread...

I have too, and when you go frame by frame, and pause at the moment of impact, his skates are on the ice. If that is jumping into a hit, then what Kronwall and Stuart do almost every game is also jumping into a hit. I think thats the point of this thread...

It's really not the same.

Show me a clean hit by either that has their feet going into the air to the degree Fistric's did.

Jolly,

Fistric was leaving the ice when he made that hit. You are technically right that his feet were still in contact with the ice when the hit was made. But you are completely ignoring hte fact that the only piece of his skate that was on the ice were like the toe of the blade... No one can skate like that. He was launching himself upward before contact was made. There are times when I agree kronwall is on that borderline but i don't recall him launching that much upward. Neidereitter (sp) was leaning back, it wasn't like the force that fistric made was even close to the same he received. I probably wouldn't have suspended him as I think it was a fairly solid hit, but I also don't have a problem with it. Launching upwards into a player is illegal, this isn't a brand new thing. Just the way I am seeing things. Kronwall definitely can live on this borderline.

also rewatched the two videos, that specific hit for kronwall would have maybe garnered a suspension becuase he lept because his angle was off by a foot or two. Stuarts in no way would be considered leaping into his opponent, he made it like 2-3 inches off the ice with the full hit. Fistric had a good half foot or more at the apex of his hit/jump. You don't sky rocket that high with those big hits. Other kronwall hits aren't likely that blatant. But you are right about that one hit.

Edited by Sprsquirt7

I still haven't seen the much prophesied death of hard-hitting hockey.

In other news it's great that the NHL is suddenly addressing the long and short-term health effects of concussions. Hopefully they'll successfully push the number of concussions down significantly. It's worth noting that increased reports of concussions isn't the same thing as increased incidence of concussions. 15 years ago many concussions weren't correctly dealt with or even reported.