• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Kronwall and Stuart may be hitting a lot less now

Rate this topic

I don't think this will effect Stuart in any way, as he usually goes ass first and lays a pretty mean Johnny Bucyk on most of his targets. As for Kronwall, he had better be wearing weights on his skates to keep his damn feet on the ground. He knows that the league is watching this now. He has no excuse now. He needs to aim at the crest on the front of the sweater to make sure that he's not head hunting.

I'm sort of baffled at where the "exploding upward" hit came from. What ever happened to the days when Stevens, or Robinson, or Potvin, or Horton, or Marotte, would just run your ass over, and keep skating? And what was so wrong with those hits, that they had to change the style of hitting to more resemble a perfectly executed tackle in football?

he was suspended for THAT??

As already pointed out, no, suspended for a different hit in the same game. However, the hit on Skinner was pretty borderline as it looked to me like he led with his elbow. His hit on Poni was absolutely pathetic though and deserves suspension for sure.

I don't think this will effect Stuart in any way, as he usually goes ass first and lays a pretty mean Johnny Bucyk on most of his targets. As for Kronwall, he had better be wearing weights on his skates to keep his damn feet on the ground. He knows that the league is watching this now. He has no excuse now. He needs to aim at the crest on the front of the sweater to make sure that he's not head hunting.

I'm sort of baffled at where the "exploding upward" hit came from. What ever happened to the days when Stevens, or Robinson, or Potvin, or Horton, or Marotte, would just run your ass over, and keep skating? And what was so wrong with those hits, that they had to change the style of hitting to more resemble a perfectly executed tackle in football?

Absolutely agree.

Even though the skates are often on the ice during contact, launching up into a guy is in essence still charging. It just slowly became acceptable over the years. So it looks like the league is trying to get it back to where it was.

The good news is that though it looks like they may be trying to take hitting out of the game, the game used to have tons of hitting without players launching up like that. Players just need to learn to get back to that.

Will this be the first double digit game Shanaban? That was pretty bad, especially so soon after his last involuntary vacation.

it was 2 min charging penalty, sutton didn't need to do that but what the hell was ponikarovsky doing?