• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

We'll all get over it. If you can't get over it, I don't know what else to tell you. I'm 100% certain that my ability to enjoy a Red Wings hockey game will not be diminished one bit if Kronner and Stu can't leave their feet anymore when they hit someone.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#42 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

We'll all get over it. If you can't get over it, I don't know what else to tell you. I'm 100% certain that my ability to enjoy a Red Wings hockey game will not be diminished one bit if Kronner and Stu can't leave their feet anymore when they hit someone.

I can get over it, i am just warning people. As far as Kronwall goes this ruling is HUGE for him.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#43 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

First, I don't understand why this post has not been merged with the other relevant posts or why it is worth pinning. Hardly any of the comments discuss the topic of the post which is the future of hits by Stuart or Kronwall, not the Fistric hit or past hits by Stuart or Kronwall. Saying that, while I love to see great (but legal) hits by these two, if they are dwindling on hits in exchange for more focus on improving their defense, offense, or "goaltending," that is an exchange I'm fine with seeing.

#44 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

Why is this topic pinned? Its pure conjecture on the OP's end.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#45 NeedMoreToughness

NeedMoreToughness

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

NHL is a joke, I'm embarassed for them, if they continue like this I might have to stop watching.

#46 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

I for one am fed the f*** up!

this is just idiocracy :scared:

Edited by wings1110, 08 December 2011 - 06:05 PM.

#47 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:57 PM

sutton suspended for a clean hit. http://youtu.be/pVsNK2neDfw

I for one am fed the f*** up!

this is just idiocracy :scared:

he was suspended for THAT??
Posted Image

#48 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

Yeah, wth? I thought it was a great hit even though it was on my future son-in-law :yowza: j/k.

#49 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

No. He has been suspended indefinitely for his hit on Ponikarovsky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMlVioV5XyU

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=605435

Edmonton defenseman Andy Sutton has been suspended indefinitely by the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety for his hit on Alexei Ponikarovsky of the Carolina Hurricanes during the third period of Wednesday's game.

Sutton has been offered the option of an in-person hearing.

The NHL suspended Sutton for five games earlier this season for a hit to the head of Colorado's Gabriel Landeskog during an Oct. 28 game in Denver.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 08 December 2011 - 07:30 PM.

Posted Image

#50 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

I wonder how big this'll be on Sutton since he was just suspended a little over a month ago.

And it's a good thing this thread is a completely different topic than the NHL suspension thread. :P

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 08 December 2011 - 07:52 PM.

#51 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Will this be the first double digit game Shanaban? That was pretty bad, especially so soon after his last involuntary vacation.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#52 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:53 AM

I don't think this will effect Stuart in any way, as he usually goes ass first and lays a pretty mean Johnny Bucyk on most of his targets. As for Kronwall, he had better be wearing weights on his skates to keep his damn feet on the ground. He knows that the league is watching this now. He has no excuse now. He needs to aim at the crest on the front of the sweater to make sure that he's not head hunting.

I'm sort of baffled at where the "exploding upward" hit came from. What ever happened to the days when Stevens, or Robinson, or Potvin, or Horton, or Marotte, would just run your ass over, and keep skating? And what was so wrong with those hits, that they had to change the style of hitting to more resemble a perfectly executed tackle in football?

#53 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

All I can say is I told you so to the people so naive not to see this coming.

:banned:
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#54 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

As already pointed out, no, suspended for a different hit in the same game. However, the hit on Skinner was pretty borderline as it looked to me like he led with his elbow. His hit on Poni was absolutely pathetic though and deserves suspension for sure.

#55 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

I don't think this will effect Stuart in any way, as he usually goes ass first and lays a pretty mean Johnny Bucyk on most of his targets. As for Kronwall, he had better be wearing weights on his skates to keep his damn feet on the ground. He knows that the league is watching this now. He has no excuse now. He needs to aim at the crest on the front of the sweater to make sure that he's not head hunting.

I'm sort of baffled at where the "exploding upward" hit came from. What ever happened to the days when Stevens, or Robinson, or Potvin, or Horton, or Marotte, would just run your ass over, and keep skating? And what was so wrong with those hits, that they had to change the style of hitting to more resemble a perfectly executed tackle in football?

Absolutely agree.

Even though the skates are often on the ice during contact, launching up into a guy is in essence still charging. It just slowly became acceptable over the years. So it looks like the league is trying to get it back to where it was.

The good news is that though it looks like they may be trying to take hitting out of the game, the game used to have tons of hitting without players launching up like that. Players just need to learn to get back to that.

#56 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

Fistric just got suspended for a legal hit exactly in the manner in which these two players make hits.

All I can say is I told you so to the people so naive not to see this coming.

"I informed you thusly" is better.

#57 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

Will this be the first double digit game Shanaban? That was pretty bad, especially so soon after his last involuntary vacation.

it was 2 min charging penalty, sutton didn't need to do that but what the hell was ponikarovsky doing?
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#58 BryceWings

BryceWings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

Ummm...Keep your head up. Most of those hits you can see the guys not looking. They're looking down and don't see the hit coming to move out of the way or position themselves to make it a less aggressive hit.