• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Crazy

What this team needs

Rate this topic

This team has become complacent. For the last however-many years, we have heard that "we expect to contend for the Stanley Cup every year", but when the team falls short (1st or 2nd round exit), nobody seems to pay the price. Sure, Curtis Joseph and Dave Lewis can be counted among the few that did... Joseph unfairly IMO, and I think Lewis was put in a situation where he had little chance to succeed. But since then, who's been traded or let go for underperforming? Which star players have been benched after a stretch of poor or uninspired play? Do any of the leaders in the locker room flip their s*** when the team isn't playing up to their standards?

The only players who fear for their jobs are the bottom guys, 6/7th defensemen and 4th line/extra forwards. The other guys know they'll be here, win or lose, Cup or no Cup. I think a shakeup is needed if this team is going to succeed in the postseason.

Man I miss having a guy that would roam the ice like a cannonball and give the opposition a good wearing down.

Not even Abdelkader does it anymore.

How physical do you think my man Mursak will be on return? We both know he likes to hit, and if he's playing that bottom 6 role I expect him to be reasonably physical.

Acquiring a young, hungry forward at the deadline could prove beneficial. David Clarkson and Matt Beleskey come to mind. The overall mindset of this team has to change. Nothing will be handed to us.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

How physical do you think my man Mursak will be on return? We both know he likes to hit, and if he's playing that bottom 6 role I expect him to be reasonably physical.

Mursak is a somewhat physical player, and actually sticks up for himself a bit which is nice to see on this team every now and than. That said, Mursak wont be a physical game changer at the NHL level, hes probably a bit less physical than Helm is but with his speed and ability to play a bit physical he will be definitely be a step in the right direction.

An energy line with Helm and Mursak will be awesome to watch in the playoffs, they both will play off eachothers strengths really well.

Now if they could find someone ABdelkader could play off his strengths with, this team would be better off. I'm pretty sick of having grinders who pretend to be skilled guys and put up under 20 points a season. Take Miller and Eaves money and throw it at Prust this offseason.

Mursak will be a nice addition though over someone like Miller thats for sure

...sadly all those hits would be deemed suspendable according the NHL's new hitting standards. Besides, Bertuzzi is afraid to hit like that anymore.

I'm assuming you are being sarcastic as none of those would be suspendable. However, the 3rd hit on the 3 hits in one shift video should definitely have been a penalty.

I should add that, I dont think the wings need to add a guy like Prust who is a known very tough commodity.

Even adding a guy like Troy Brouwer, a big body that can hit and can fight much like Abdelkader would work too.

Gaustad and Brouwer are 2 guys I would love to see the wings get. Brouwer could provide some size and offense to the top 6 on Datsyuks wing with Franzen

the best possible case from my POV is to add hard hitting guys to the top and bottom 6. Would be glad to see Tuomo Ruutu, Troy Brower, Joel Ward, Brandon Prust, etc. Any of these guys will help.