• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Toefuzz

What's up with the PK

Rate this topic

I posted this in the gameday thread but it was at the bottom of the page so I don't know if anyone saw it so I thought I'd start a new topic.

What's up with our PK? We seem to have solid penalty killers and a good goalie, yet we are towards the bottom of the league this year. Is it a scheme thing? Law of averages (meaning we will do well going forward). It just seems strange that we have been disappointing on the PK this year.

The CSSI reports on Winging It In Motown might give you a fairly good idea.

It seems to me though that it's always about "trust" when it comes to any defensive issue with the Wings.

Hadn't seen that before... Will probably spend waaaay too much time exploring it at work tomorrow!

PK hasnt been good since 07-08. I think its a matter of time til it gets better this year. I see babs using datsyuk Z and flip for more than just faceoffs. Previous years he wasnt playing them on the PK.

Another PPGA. Crap

Edited by brett

Guest stinky fish taco

almost no one blocks shots

nearly every clearing attempt is a terrible pass right to the other team's player at the blueline.

no one willing to clear the crease

...that about wraps it up

It's a good thing they're not blocking more shots. Detroit players seem unable to block a single shot without getting injured.

I'd like to see some stats for how many shots Detroit block in the playoffs though. I feel like they always improve a lot in that area in the postseason, which is as it should be. We win games by staying out of the box more than almost any other team, being better 5-on-5 and having a good PP. In the regular season we can afford a PK that's not at the top of the league.

Guest NeedMoreToughness

It's a good thing they're not blocking more shots. Detroit players seem unable to block a single shot without getting injured.

I'd like to see some stats for how many shots Detroit block in the playoffs though. I feel like they always improve a lot in that area in the postseason, which is as it should be. We win games by staying out of the box more than almost any other team, being better 5-on-5 and having a good PP. In the regular season we can afford a PK that's not at the top of the league.

What a stupid thing to say, so you'd rather get scored on and lose games instead of preventing them and maybe just maybe get an injury... Kronwall is 6th in the entire league in blocked shots, he's extremely injury prone and hasn't been injured.