Photo
- - - - -

wait til you see this goal celebration...

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

#2 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

This guy?

#3 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

At that point, the Rangers were up 2-0. After the scrum, the Lightning took the momentum, and the Rangers continued to take penalties. Tampa ends up winning in a shootout.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#4 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

Reminds me of Selanne with an all time great celebration. Downie is an idiot and nice sucker punch by Stamkos. I don't get why all the TBL players got their panties in a bunch over that little celebration Posted Image Oh well, the Tamp Bay Yzermans are still my favorite team in the East.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#5 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:43 PM

*taunts Garon

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#6 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

Reminds me of Selanne with an all time great celebration. Downie is an idiot and nice sucker punch by Stamkos. I don't get why all the TBL players got their panties in a bunch over that little celebration Posted Image Oh well, the Tamp Bay Yzermans are still my favorite team in the East.

He pointed at Lecavalier or Garon with his stick.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#7 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

*taunts Garon

yeah my bad hahah idk why i didnt realize that. Anisimov wouldnt troll his own goalie would he?

#8 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

This guy?

Wasn't that the second time he got hit like that last year?

#9 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

yeah my bad hahah idk why i didnt realize that. Anisimov wouldnt troll his own goalie would he?

He might.

Wasn't that the second time he got hit like that last year?

That hit is actually from the 2009-2010 season. If you keep watching you'll see Bart Lebderp, (shudders), probably out of position. Ericsson isn't so bad now is he, eh?

#10 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:51 PM

You dont just let a guy taunt your goalie like that, especially with all the s*** thats been happening in the NHl with tendys lately

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#11 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

i like the taunting. hockey needs some more enthusiasm, passion, hatred, etc...

i think downie should be disciplined for leaving the bench. if he wants to get back at him great, but do it when your actually on the ice.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#12 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

He should've held it lower towards his balls.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#13 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

I think the celebration was fine.

Nice goal.

#14 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

This guy?

It looked like he thought as long as he did not look at stuart he was not get hit.

#15 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:27 AM

It looked like he thought as long as he did not look at stuart he was not get hit.

...What?

#16 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:48 AM

You dont just let a guy taunt your goalie like that, especially with all the s*** thats been happening in the NHl with tendys lately

I understand Canadians are robots, but I like a little personality in the NHL. Plus, he was no where near the goalie, so I don't get what running Miller has to do with anything.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#17 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:30 AM

I'm with Konnan, whats the big deal? Yeah, its a little bit trollish, but leaving the bench and sucker-punches? Talk about an over-reaction.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#18 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,876 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:32 AM

This.

I like hockey because it's a team sport and players celebrate together after goals. They acknowledge the guy who made a great pass, or took a huge hit to make a play that ended up in their goal.

Some personality is fine, but that was assinine. I don't want hockey to go the way of football. Where nearly every friggin tackle or completed pass involves a player's preplanned signature move.

Leaving the bench was a nutball move by Downie. This warranted a scrum. Not coming off the bench.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 09 December 2011 - 01:34 AM.

#19 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

I loved the celebration. :yowza:

#20 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:33 AM

So, what's the over/under on the suspension for Downie?

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!