• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kylee

wait til you see this goal celebration...

Rate this topic

Protect from what? I don't get it at all. Sad thing Anisimov hadn't a real rifle. Then, those bustard would have had a reason to protect his goalie.

There's just a long standing tradition and code regarding goaltenders and goals in general.

Like how players never shoot the puck into the net at the end of plays or after the whistle or anything. It would be an immediate brawl, even though the play is dead. You just don't do it. Just like taunting the goalie after a goal isn't really done. At least not that openly.

Most celebrations I have no problem with, but this one isn't just a young kid being excited. It's ridiculous and pre-planned and all about himself. If stuff like this became commonplace in hockey it would probably do more to dissuade me from watching than if they took out fighting. Hockey players are among the toughest, most highly skilled, hardest working and team oriented athletes there are. Part of what's great about the game is what these guys do as a team and for their teammates.

If it went the way of football with the celebrations, it would lose one of the better qualities the game has.

I'd take Steve Yzerman jumping so hard into Shanahan that he breaks his nose a million times over a player dancing over a stick pretending it's on fire, or kneeling down pretending he's a sniper shooting the goalie.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

People are actually defending this disgusting display? Can't wait to see what the Don has to say about this on Coaches Corner and also hope someone on Tampa "gets" Asiminov next time they play.

Good on Tampa for sticking up for their goalie. If Asiminov did that to the Wings no one would have done jack s***, Jimmy would have to do it himself.

Edited by redwingfan19

There's nothing wrong with the celebration in my book.I've seen more crazy goal celebrations in football(soccer)

or in hockey like this...

Exactly my point. And one of the handful of reasons I don't watch soccer.

And that's one of the reasons I like hockey and hockey players a lot more

what he said!

( I really need to scroll down and read the last posts before replying)

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Protect from what? I don't get it at all. Sad thing Anisimov hadn't a real rifle. Then, those bustard would have had a reason to protect his goalie.

A goalies game is 90% mental.

You got guys rattling him with cellys like that and if your goalie is lacking in mental toughness the floodgates could open.

Goalies are a strange breed. There has always been a code regarding them and teammates defending them, you never taunt a goalie or you get it.

Good for Tampa on backing their goalie and letting the tendy know the captain and team have his back

Reminds me of Selanne with an all time great celebration. Downie is an idiot and nice sucker punch by Stamkos. I don't get why all the TBL players got their panties in a bunch over that little celebration blink.gif Oh well, the Tamp Bay Yzermans are still my favorite team in the East.

Agreed on all counts. Anisimov's celebration was over the top (and definitely not something I'd like to see from a Wings player) but no more so than Selanne or Theo Fleury's famous celebrations.

I can see why there was a scrum after that taunt but it was no excuse for a sixth man to leave the bench looking for a fight.

Agreed on all counts. Anisimov's celebration was over the top (and definitely not something I'd like to see from a Wings player) but no more so than Selanne or Theo Fleury's famous celebrations.

I can see why there was a scrum after that taunt but it was no excuse for a sixth man to leave the bench looking for a fight.

You know why those are famous celebrations...

Fleurys was a game 6 OT winner against their biggest rival back when both teams were still sick.

Selannes was on a record breaking rookie goal I thought?

Anisimovs was on a tap in during a meaningless regular season game that he did none of the work for

One of these things is not like the others.

I really don't care much either way, but...

I find it interesting that most people here are saying this gesture is perfectly fine, but most people here were saying how out of line and uncalled for the Asham KO "goodnight" gesture was after his fight earlier this year. I guess I'll never fully get the LGW crowd, lol.

I still don't see anything too wrong with it. We have player who salute after goals and players who go full speed into the glass and jump into it. We have players who make the most terrifying goal face of all time after goals. I've seen some ganrly celebrations after trival goals as well.

It's a celebration and he was sniping the net (I still don't think he was sniping the goalie). Even if he was sniping the goalie, oh darn, best case scenario it throws off the other goalie, worst case scenario the celebration gets put on youtube and the other team and message board fanboys get put in a tizzy.