• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jroc86

Datsyuk - Injury

Rate this topic

Just curious here ... I watched the game and saw/heard that Pav was essentially given the 2nd half of the night off to rest a minor lower body injury thats been ailing him.

I live in Western Canada and on the sportsnet ticker its is saying "Datsyuk leaves game (head injury)" ... hopefully just a misprint or sloppy reporting. On ESPN they are in line with Babs/Det media insaying its just a lower body injury. Whatever Pavs issue is (groin/quad/hip flexor) I hope its miniscule enough that he is able to rehab it and continue playing without it slowly getting worse as the weeks progress. We are such a better team with Pavel because he just gives the forwards so many more looks in regards to his ability to make everyone around him better. Perhaps this is Babcock taking a page out of Bylsma's book because we all know both teams know whos on the calendar this Tuesday and want their respective superstars to be as close to 100% as possible for this one.

ps. Any idea when White is going to be cleared to get rid of the full face shield? He has been losing pucks and misfiring shots like crazy these last few games and I cant help but think that hideous bucket is whats behind this.

I was at the game last night and I was worried sick about him when I didn't see him in the third. I hope it's nothing serious. He did some pretty good damage in the first, but it drove me nuts not seeing him at the end.

Hope it is just a minor injury that just needed a couple days of relaxing. By far my favorite player and the most fun to watch in my opinion. Watching him has made me try to massively improve my stickhandling and deking abilities when i'm on the ice.

Mlive confirmed Babs said Pavel is playing tomorrow night. So it was just a precaution babs and pavs took last night since they had such a big lead. Great news of the Wings.

Glad to hear he's good to go. No sense in pushing something if you're ahead by that much.

I was at the game again tonight against the Jets and right at the start of the 3rd period when the wings came out, Pavs skated around testing different strides and such and when he went around the net I could see him kind of squinting, so I am pretty sure it is one of his legs or feet that are sore, but as we could tell by the game, it isn't anything too serious.