• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Tomas Kaberle traded to Montreal

Rate this topic

Why?

From Montreal's perspective, it's an admission that Andrei Markov isn't coming back any time soon. It also fulfills their mantra of icing the smallest, softest team in the NHL.

And Carolina gets out from underneath the additional two years left on Kaberle's contract.

I find it funny how Kaberle endured years of trade speculation in Toronto only to end up on his fourth team now, in less than a year.

The Toronto media built him up and overrated him so much it was disgusting. I swear they treated him like he was a Norris worthy defenseman his last few years in Toronto.

Carolina has a really bad habit of icing teams based on the coaches input. I realize that happens everywhere in the league, but explain how else there are four former maple leafs on this squad (and not from a good leafs era either)? Now that Muller has taken over for maurice I fully expect more habs to come carolina's way. Hell, they've needed a second line center for at least 3 years, maybe they'll do something really stupid and get scott gomez.

Edited by theman19