Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Next Game
Posted Imagevs.Posted Image

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 10 December 2011 - 11:15 AM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

Aw, s***. Our next game after this one is against that team with HWSNBN on it? It's imperative we win this one, then. Don't want to head into that game on a loss.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#3 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

Yay! another GDT :) Hopefully this one will be busier for you Mike.

I haven't paid any attention to the Jets this season so I don't know what to expect but love their new logo....and that's it. Wings will hopefully have another good night tomorrow, we couldn't have used up all our goals for the week :P

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#4 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

Didn't we just play these guys...? :P

Also very well done with the last game versus video.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#5 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

That "frozen moment" is quite cool. Larionov, Khabibulin and Kozlov.

I wonder if it has felt weird for Shane Doan to play against Jets this season. He must've never thought that he'd get to play against them and even without ever getting traded.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#6 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

Looking at Eaves :yowza: face make me miss him :( Going to be a long 6 weeks for him.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#7 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,453 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

Woohoo! Love the early GDT, thanks, Mike! I am so pleased for Winnipegians (?) that they have a hockey team again. That said, let's crush their hopes and dreams, Wings!

:P

Poor Eaves. He looks like this now :shutup: Can't wait to see :yowza: again. Soon, get well quick, Patty.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#8 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

We better get used to playing these guys. Next year we'll be playin em 6 times! Hopefully we can get a nice lil rivalry going eventually.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#9 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

Yay! another GDT :) Hopefully this one will be busier for you Mike.

I haven't paid any attention to the Jets this season so I don't know what to expect but love their new logo....and that's it. Wings will hopefully have another good night tomorrow, we couldn't have used up all our goals for the week :P

Here's hoping.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#10 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

GO RED WINGS!

#11 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

We better get used to playing these guys. Next year we'll be playin em 6 times! Hopefully we can get a nice lil rivalry going eventually.

That would be interesting.

#12 BryceWings

BryceWings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

This game should be a Win.

#13 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:13 PM

The Jets are blowing out the Canes 4-0 in the second right now. Being from Manitoba I have been following the Jets a lot. They are a hungry team that usually plays hard every night. If the Wings are not ready to play this team could surprise them. Team effort and the Wings should get the two points! For anyone who loves hockey I suggest watching a Jets home game! The crowd is nuts! NHL hockey has found a great new home in Winnipeg.

#14 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

I'll be rooting against the Jets this game, of course.

Call me old, but I just keep thinking Selanne is still with them.

Go Wings!

#15 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

*snap* *snap* *snap*

♫♫ When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way... ♫♫

*SLAP*

Oh, where was I?
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#16 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

Anyone up for going on a road trip to Winnipeg next season in February? :scared:

I remember watching that last game the Wings played the Jets during the playoffs in 96'. Nice to see them back in the league again and back at the Joe.

#17 mmorland

mmorland

SRD Writer, Broadcaster

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:27 AM

It'll be great to see the Jets back in the motor city. Prediction...Wings 4-Jets 2
"I can't believe I shook this guys frickin' hand. We lost and I'm pissed off. But to see Kris Draper's face makes me sick. I didn't see his face until after the game, but his face is turned sideways. If the league doesn't do something about that ... I mean that's ridiculous. He could have broken his fricken neck."

-Dino Ciccarelli

#18 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:11 AM

Love the Frozen Moment! I still love The Professor...:wub:

I honestly don't know what to expect from either team. You know the Jets are going to be pumped for this game. Hopefully the Wings can play all 60 minutes like the 1st period against Phoenix.

#19 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:57 AM

It definitley would have been weird for Doan ... the MTS center boo'd the s*** out of him everytime he touched the puck twice as loud as Colorados fans on Bert. I guess they didnt appreicate Doans anti-Winnipeg comments (and verbal refusal to play) last spring when there was speculation that they were the franchise that would be heading there. The barn was crazier and louder in their victory over Pheonix than most cities are when their teams wins a playoff series. It was a sight to behold.

That "frozen moment" is quite cool. Larionov, Khabibulin and Kozlov.

I wonder if it has felt weird for Shane Doan to play against Jets this season. He must've never thought that he'd get to play against them and even without ever getting traded.

#20 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:44 AM

So pumped, going to this game with a friend of mine that's from Winnipeg. My first NHL game ever.