• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/10 GDT : Jets 1 at Red Wings 7

Rate this topic

First off, his numbers isn't that much better, secondly montreal is a bad team this year. You can't deny Price is the better goalie, also add that he's 3 years younger.

But Howard’s numbers are better so far this year. So saying that Howard is “most certainly” not Price is a stretch.

Guest NeedMoreToughness

But Howard's numbers are better so far this year. So saying that Howard is "most certainly" not Price is a stretch.

If Price would be playing in detroit now he would be a wall, 1.5GAA, 94sv% 5-6 shutouts. For sure.

Price doesn't have a Nicklas Lidstrom on his team. Their team defense isn't close to ours for that matter.

Besides, even though Detroit is Hockeytown, there's nothing like the pressure of being a goalie in Montreal. No player in the league has the scrutiny and criticism that Price faces game to game. Yet he's handled it well.

That's why the only successful goalies in Montreal over the decades all happened to be Hall of Famers. The other guys they've started just couldn't handle the pressure. In Montreal you're either a Hall of Fame goalie, or you're a bust. Not saying Price is a Hall of Famer yet, but he's certainly not a bust like the others they've had.

Howard has been terrific this year, but you guys are selling Carey Price short.

Edited by GMRwings1983

If Price would be playing in detroit now he would be a wall, 1.5GAA, 94sv% 5-6 shutouts. For sure.

How do you know ? I bet Vokoun thought he wasn't going to suck soo much in Wasington (alot of bad goals hes let in this year, im glad we didn't sign him) and you can say the same with Bryz in Philly, he thought with that D he was going to be protected. Just because Price played well last year doesn't mean he would come to Detroit and play the same. When Price's contract is up hes going to be looking for around 5-6 million.

The haters lay low when we win. They will be back after the next loss claiming that we are to old, to soft, to European... They will be praising the big bad Sharks and wanting to trade Hudler, Big E. and Flip straight up for Shea Weber or Drew Daughtery.

Don't know why you got neg'd, this post is pretty spot on. +1

Price doesn't have a Nicklas Lidstrom on his team. Their team defense isn't close to ours for that matter.

Besides, even though Detroit is Hockeytown, there's nothing like the pressure of being a goalie in Montreal. No player in the league has the scrutiny and criticism that Price faces game to game. Yet he's handled it well.

That's why the only successful goalies in Montreal over the decades all happened to be Hall of Famers. The other guys they've started just couldn't handle the pressure. In Montreal you're either a Hall of Fame goalie, or you're a bust. Not saying Price is a Hall of Famer yet, but he's certainly not a bust like the others they've had.

I’m not selling Price short. I was simply pointing out that it’s silly to say Howard is “most certainly” not Price as NMT suggests.

He most certainly isn't although i'm surprised how solid Howard has been thus far, but it's just 1/3 into the season. Must keep it up.

For the record, I think overall Price has the better pedigree, but that doesn’t mean he’s playing better than Jimmy this year, regardless of the team. It’s not like the Wings are winning all their games 6-5. If Price played for Detroit he’d have more wins then he does with the Habs most likely, but who’s to say where his GAA and SV/% would be. Even if his numbers in Detroit were as good as Jimmy’s they’d only be that: as good as Jimmy’s. There’s no reason to believe they’d be that much better.

Edited by rick zombo

I hope Huddie has found his stride, tiny though it might be, it could be mighty!!

Gotta say that I still get a chuckle at the Jiri as a midget jokes, as many times as they do come up.

You posted this under the wrong name. Did you mean to post this under NMT?