Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

What a good show

#22 Spezi2cj

Spezi2cj

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

I think Ilya Bryzgalov has become one of my favorite players overnight

Edited by Spezi2cj, 15 December 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#23 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

I think Ilya Bryzgalov has become one of my favorite players overnight

The guy is on his own universe not just talking about them, he is a rare gem thats for sure.... Lol

#24 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

Will anybody be able to provide a stream for this? I dont feel like getting HBO for a 5 week mini series...

I'm also interested in this. Hopefully someone is kind enough to stream the episodes.

You can always torrent them. That's what I'm going to do the next day.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#25 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

Favourite part was Tortorella ripping on Gaborik on the bench, and how he called out Boyle on that Leafs goal in front of whole dressing room. Guy's a straight shooter and I love it, always liked him and this series is just going to grow him on me I'm sure.

#26 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

The guy is on his own universe not just talking about them, he is a rare gem thats for sure.... Lol

proof of how weird goalies are
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#27 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

What a beautiful sport.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#28 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

Great first episode. I can't wait for the next one.

#29 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,609 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

Great show.

I agree with a lot of what Bryzgalov says, but I don't know if that's the kind of thinking you want from your starting netminder of all people. :hehe:

Can't wait for the Wings version of 24/7 when they get back to the Winter Classic.

Won't likely be as fun as the 2003 Wings special. Personalities like Chelios, Hull, Shanny and McCarty are gone from the team. The Wings now are a lot more reserved.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#30 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,585 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:46 AM

Pronger being out for the season should make for a good episode.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#31 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:11 AM

Pronger being out for the season should make for a good episode.

Hate Pronger but man Giroux and now Pronger?
Wonder how that team feels about now.

#32 Norwegian Red Wing

Norwegian Red Wing

He shoots - He SCOOORES!

• HoF Booster
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:31 AM

Great show.

I agree with a lot of what Bryzgalov says, but I don't know if that's the kind of thinking you want from your starting netminder of all people. :hehe:

Won't likely be as fun as the 2003 Wings special. Personalities like Chelios, Hull, Shanny and McCarty are gone from the team. The Wings now are a lot more reserved.

This Wings special.. is this on the internet/DVD something? Want to see it :D
Posted Image

#33 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

It's part of the "NHL ESPN Classic The Season 02-03 Detroit Red Wings".
You can find it on nhl torrents/tstn site

#34 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

If you don't mind watching it in low quality, the whole thing is available on YouTube.

Here's a playlist: http://www.youtube.c...wings, playlist

Edited by Travis, 16 December 2011 - 04:41 PM.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#35 Norwegian Red Wing

Norwegian Red Wing

He shoots - He SCOOORES!

• HoF Booster
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:57 AM

It's part of the "NHL ESPN Classic The Season 02-03 Detroit Red Wings".
You can find it on nhl torrents/tstn site

thank you! :D
Posted Image

#36 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

I think well be surprised with the personalitys we have in the locker room. From the videos we see online that arent really pushed onto the public, especially on wingspan and pregame shows, we have some funny as guys. It is def the red wing was to be reserved to the media and not start trouble, but with guys like datsyuk, holmer, and kronner i think well get some good laughs.

the part im most excited to see is babcock in the locker room and how he carries himself around the rink. I saw him in the player concourse after a win last year and it was all business still. super intimidating, and i wouldnt want it any other way. what a bamf.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#37 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,585 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:24 AM

Hate Pronger but man Giroux and now Pronger?
Wonder how that team feels about now.

Would like to see any exchange between Simmonds and Giroux in the room afterwards.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#38 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:26 AM

They are surely quite reserved when directly in front of the media. At the same time, when the boys are together as a group and the cameras fade into the background then I'm sure we'll see some high quality entertainment. The Wings do have some personalities that have somewhat of a flair for the dramatic like the old ones you listed. Kronwall in real life is quite hilarious imo; Cleary is a funny guy to watch get picked on by others and embarrass himself; and Filppula likes to joke around a lot. Also, remember when Helm went to the Halloween party as Todd Bertuzzi and got a bunch of fake tatooes? I'm sure that would have been gold for not just Wings fans but hockey fans in general. A lot of funny stuff goes on that a 24/7 special would show and surprise a lot of people on here. They can't hide everything, haha.

And I agree that other team's personalities can be quite entertaining and much different than the Wings. At the same time, I'm quite thankful the Wings don't have to deal with personalities like Avery and Torts. Sometimes it's entertaining to watch other people deal with certain types of drama but you wouldn't necessarily prefer that for your own team.

While it can be fun to watch other gregarious personalities, because the 24/7 special will be on the Wings, I'll pretty much watch any kind of documentary on them with genuine interest and undivided attention. I don't know if you remember those intermission specials on Babs and Pav for Hockey Night in Canada. They weren't stereotypically laugh out loud kind of entertaining but they were still quite awesome.

#39 Kindl Surprise

Kindl Surprise

Rookie

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

I want them to re-sign Hudler just so he makes it in 24/7.

#40 Norwegian Red Wing

Norwegian Red Wing

He shoots - He SCOOORES!

• HoF Booster
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

New episode tonight, right? Should be fun to hear the Philly-comments during the game (and intermissions) in their 6-0 loss against the Bruins. Lots of goals, and two or three fights in that game, wasnt it?
Posted Image