• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official "24/7" 2011 Thread

Rate this topic

Great show.

I agree with a lot of what Bryzgalov says, but I don't know if that's the kind of thinking you want from your starting netminder of all people. :hehe:

Can't wait for the Wings version of 24/7 when they get back to the Winter Classic.

Won't likely be as fun as the 2003 Wings special. Personalities like Chelios, Hull, Shanny and McCarty are gone from the team. The Wings now are a lot more reserved.

Great show.

I agree with a lot of what Bryzgalov says, but I don't know if that's the kind of thinking you want from your starting netminder of all people. :hehe:

Won't likely be as fun as the 2003 Wings special. Personalities like Chelios, Hull, Shanny and McCarty are gone from the team. The Wings now are a lot more reserved.

This Wings special.. is this on the internet/DVD something? Want to see it :D

I think well be surprised with the personalitys we have in the locker room. From the videos we see online that arent really pushed onto the public, especially on wingspan and pregame shows, we have some funny as guys. It is def the red wing was to be reserved to the media and not start trouble, but with guys like datsyuk, holmer, and kronner i think well get some good laughs.

the part im most excited to see is babcock in the locker room and how he carries himself around the rink. I saw him in the player concourse after a win last year and it was all business still. super intimidating, and i wouldnt want it any other way. what a bamf.

They are surely quite reserved when directly in front of the media. At the same time, when the boys are together as a group and the cameras fade into the background then I'm sure we'll see some high quality entertainment. The Wings do have some personalities that have somewhat of a flair for the dramatic like the old ones you listed. Kronwall in real life is quite hilarious imo; Cleary is a funny guy to watch get picked on by others and embarrass himself; and Filppula likes to joke around a lot. Also, remember when Helm went to the Halloween party as Todd Bertuzzi and got a bunch of fake tatooes? I'm sure that would have been gold for not just Wings fans but hockey fans in general. A lot of funny stuff goes on that a 24/7 special would show and surprise a lot of people on here. They can't hide everything, haha.

And I agree that other team's personalities can be quite entertaining and much different than the Wings. At the same time, I'm quite thankful the Wings don't have to deal with personalities like Avery and Torts. Sometimes it's entertaining to watch other people deal with certain types of drama but you wouldn't necessarily prefer that for your own team.

While it can be fun to watch other gregarious personalities, because the 24/7 special will be on the Wings, I'll pretty much watch any kind of documentary on them with genuine interest and undivided attention. I don't know if you remember those intermission specials on Babs and Pav for Hockey Night in Canada. They weren't stereotypically laugh out loud kind of entertaining but they were still quite awesome.

f*** me, HBO really outdid themselves on this one. i am only 10 minutes into Part 1 and the intro was incredible. Major chills. Can't wait for them to do one on the Wings in the next two years. Hopefully Lidas is still around by then :)

talk about awesome television... I'm completely engrossed in this, I wish it lasted all season... I can't wait to see the Wings in one...

Edited by stevkrause

f*** me, HBO really outdid themselves on this one. i am only 10 minutes into Part 1 and the intro was incredible. Major chills. Can't wait for them to do one on the Wings in the next two years. Hopefully Lidas is still around by then :)

Is it official that they are going to air it again next year?