• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Loyalty Question

Rate this topic

I was a minor league season ticket holder for 6 seasons and I owned over 20 team jerseys, none of which were for the team I was supporting. This didn't mean I didn't like my team (Muskegon Fury), I loved them, but I really liked the look of the league's other/defunct teams jerseys (Adirondack Icehawks, Knoxville Speed, Thunder Bay Thunder Cats, Utica Blizzard, Binghampton Icemen, Madison Monsters, etc...)

HOWEVER... when it comes to NHL teams, I'm a hockey player and well rounded in who's who on the other teams around the league. But I would NEVER, EVER wear any other colors than the Detroit Red Wings and and their farm club. My favorite jersey is still my game-worn Griffins #5 Kronwall jersey. Between Griffins and Red Wings jerseys, that's where I draw the line. You can't say I'm ignorant or a homer, because I live and breathe hockey and have very good knowledge of all other teams in the league, but you can't pay me to put a Chicago jersey, or Philly, San Jose, Pittsburgh, New Jersey, etc... It's the Red Wings, it has been since I've been since about 5 years old. Same goes for the Lions, Pistons and Tigers.

I guess what I'm saying is, when it comes to pro teams in my state, I embrace them and NO other team. Those others teams can piss off. Minor league hockey is, in my opinion an exception because, well, it's minor league. But it's Red Wings (Griffins) or nothing as far as apparel at the NHL, hands down.

I got picked up by a beer league team and their jerseys are just like san jose. I can not stand wearing those socks and that jersey. I don't even like having it in my house. But thats how I get down. If you want other teams gear, go for it.

I love it!!

I'd get a Lightning jersey if it had Vinny on the back, but my girlfriend is a sort of fan (her grandparents moved out there so we've been to visit recently) so that goes without saying. I mean we went to the Bolts home-opener this year and I loved rooting for them. Did wear my Wings road jersey though.

Also it's just what you like. I'm English, but when I was over to the US recently my girlfriend bought me a Michigan Wolverines cap as I love the colours and the 'M' logo. Don't really know anyone from there, and I know the Michigan players on the Wings roster are mainly (if not solely) Spartans, but just love that blue and gold. Also means I can support a state that I like rather than just one pro sports team.

Also want a Tebow jersey from the Gators, as I do believe he is a prophet.

I like to collect Original 6 stuff. Obviously a vast majority of my hockey stuff is Red Wings, but I do think it's cool to have some other stuff, especially if you like showing stuff off. I'd like one day to have a game room/bar in my house and in it I'd like to have a section for Original 6 stuff to go with all my Red Wings stuff.

I'd get a Lightning jersey if it had Vinny on the back

I needed to get a black jersey for development league I'm playing in so I got last years Bolts jersey with Vinny on the back. It's a nice jersey but I much prefer it when I'm on the red team so I can wear my Zetty jersey with pride!

I should add that I got the Vinny jersey at a very nice clearance price of 50% off otherwise I would have got a plain black Warrior jersey for $30 from the pro shop lol.

I'm in the crowd saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I love my Wings, but I'm passionate about the sport in general. I love collecting jerseys and other merchandise. I have at least one jersey for each, some teams I have multiple. Rivalries have me buy merchandise, not sell it off! It gives memories for a long time. My Mac and Lemieux jerseys are framed and hung side by side. I have every winter classic jersey with each teams captain (my second Pens is a Staal, since I already had a Crosby), Philly will be easy this year, since Pronger wasn't their captain last showing. I never wear other teams jerseys, I only wear Wings gear.

I'd say do whatever makes you happy! I'm more of a Red Wings fan than an NHL fan in general, although I do pay attention to the rest of the league to keep my current hockey knowledge up. I only own Red Wings merch, the only non-wings jersey I own is a Team USA hockey jersey I wear during the Olympics.

I have a friend who is a fan of the Blackhawks and Red Wings, and owns stuff for both teams. Although we do give him crap about it, it's all in good fun :)

I wouldn't judge you. Well, okay, I'd probably judge you for certain jerseys, such as a Hawks sweater with Kane on the back or a Pens one with Crosby. But most of the time, it doesn't bother me. I bought a Lightning hat at the Draft last year because I was excited for Stevie, but I never wear it (partly because of Wings fanaticism, partly because I'm a girl and can't pull off the baseball cap look). Also, I don't have one, but I'd love to get a Tim Thomas t-shirt, and you bet I'd wear it.

I wouldn't judge you. Well, okay, I'd probably judge you for certain jerseys, such as a Hawks sweater with Kane on the back or a Pens one with Crosby. But most of the time, it doesn't bother me. I bought a Lightning hat at the Draft last year because I was excited for Stevie, but I never wear it (partly because of Wings fanaticism, partly because I'm a girl and can't pull off the baseball cap look). Also, I don't have one, but I'd love to get a Tim Thomas t-shirt, and you bet I'd wear it.

I don't have a Crosby or Kane shirt on my list :P I've got a list of players' shirts or jerseys that I refuse to get. Kane, Crosby, Malkin, Chara, and Pronger are included. Some girls can pull off a baseball cap, so don't eliminate that possibility just because you're a girl :P

I only own Wings and Quad City Mallards jerseys. The sports shop up in Springfield MO has some of the older blues jerseys on sale, but idk..

Yes I'm from illinois, Yes, i'll throw myself off the Julien Dubuque bridge if you tried to put a hawks jersey on me.

I do not think so I got a St. Louis Blues hat on clearance for 4$ once I wear it sometimes I like to support hockey even if I have to explain myself when questioned about it.

Lol punctuation does wonders. It's one of the two:

I do not think so. I got a St. Louis Blues hat on clearance for 4$ once

...or...

I do not think. so I got a St. Louis Blues hat on clearance for 4$ once

:P

Shouldn't that be "I do not think, so I got St. Louis Blues hat on clearance for $4 once"?

At any rate, I have Sweden and Finland. The Olympics are confusing for me since I root for USA first and Canada second, but do not own their jerseys.

I also root for Belarus, just because it's so fun to yell "BELARUUUUUUUUUS!"

Fellow LGW brethren,

I am in need of some honest opinions here. Although I am a huge Detroit Red Wings fan, I do not limit myself to watching only Wings games. I've got Center Ice, so I follow everything that's going on around the league, and although I enjoy Detroit games the most, I consider myself a fan of the NHL in general, as well. My question is this: Am I betraying our beloved Detroit Red Wings by purchasing merchandise of another team, or am I just being a "well-rounded" hockey fan? Do any of you guys/gals have merchandise (Jerseys, etc.) Of other teams? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sincerely,

Shouldn't matter to anybody who or what you root/stand for. You root for who you want to root for and as long as it isn't hurting you or people you care about, keep doing whatever ya want.

Red Wings only here... I've lived in Calgary, Montreal and now Ottawa and I have gone to see games in each city but I will NEVER wear anything but Red Wings gear. Lol, my wife is from Montreal and is a Habs fan, I won't even drink out of her Canadiens cup that she has.

Fellow LGW brethren,

I am in need of some honest opinions here. Although I am a huge Detroit Red Wings fan, I do not limit myself to watching only Wings games. I've got Center Ice, so I follow everything that's going on around the league, and although I enjoy Detroit games the most, I consider myself a fan of the NHL in general, as well. My question is this: Am I betraying our beloved Detroit Red Wings by purchasing merchandise of another team, or am I just being a "well-rounded" hockey fan? Do any of you guys/gals have merchandise (Jerseys, etc.) Of other teams? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sincerely,

don't be silly.

of course personally i think it would be untasteful if you were to be wearing certain jerseys (claude lemieux... and to a lesser extent, tie domi and sidney crosby).

i would say "who gives a crap?," but as those monsters in L.A. proved, you have to be careful.

Fellow LGW brethren,

Sincerely,

I am a fellow Detroiter and avid Wings fan...I started playing hockey when I was three and I still do to this day ( I am 26) I love hockey and I own a ton of hockey jerseys...(bite your tongue on this one) I even own a Tie Domi Jersey...hey... I got a probi one too, what I'm trying to get at is I love the game. Like Mick I love the old school scraps of the late 80's and early 90's...I was lucky enough to find a vhs of all of Probies fights on ebay...which led me to wonder more about his opponents...which led me to purchase tape on Grimson and Domi as well..Every now and than I'll follow certain players and respect their game to the point of getting a jersey...nothing wrong with that. BUT what I would never do is wear any sort of NHL apparrel to the JOE other than Red Wannnngs gear! If youve been to the Joe you know there is always that 2% ...those are the ones that smell blood,crave fights and celebrate every hit/goal/pass/dangle like they just slaughtered someone in the Colosseum! Thats me, so if I catch ya in my city wearing opposing colors, acting out of line and being obnoxious..you better watch out! We're the only ones allowed to do that!! Now don't get me wrong, i'm not one of those that are out to get ya because of your gear...rather I'd like to chat with ya if that were the case...but drawing uneeded attention, disrespecting taunts etc etc... will not be tolerated!! Sorry got a little side tracked...point being be a fan of whomever, just know your true colors and your boundaries.