• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Loyalty Question

Rate this topic

Completely agree with everyone saying that it's an individual decision. But FWIW, I don't think it's inherently disloyal to acknowledge that you like other teams and non-Wings players, as long as that doesn't get in the way of supporting the Wings (as in wearing some other team's gear to the Joe or something like that). Of the 29 other teams and their rosters, I'm sure we all have preferences. I don't think it's a crime to root for the Lightning when not playing the Wings, for obvious reasons and for example.

I don't have a ton of stuff from other teams, but I do have a couple items - a Sabres long-sleeve tee because I kind of like them, the box set of 10 Oilers games on DVD because those 80s teams were a blast to watch, some Whalers stuff because they were my co-favorite with the Wings when they existed. I also collect pocket schedules, and if I find myself in a city with an NHL team, I'll go out of my way to grab one of the local team. They're free and a cool way to remember where you've been.

Fellow LGW brethren,

I am in need of some honest opinions here. Although I am a huge Detroit Red Wings fan, I do not limit myself to watching only Wings games. I've got Center Ice, so I follow everything that's going on around the league, and although I enjoy Detroit games the most, I consider myself a fan of the NHL in general, as well. My question is this: Am I betraying our beloved Detroit Red Wings by purchasing merchandise of another team, or am I just being a "well-rounded" hockey fan? Do any of you guys/gals have merchandise (Jerseys, etc.) Of other teams? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sincerely,

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Hang all you traders for not supporting the Winged wheel. Just kidding you sound like a typical NHL fan as long as you always route for the Wings your fine I do the same not only for the NHL but also the NFL

PS as long as it isn't a Crosby item

Edited by blgillett