• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

I got picked up by a beer league team and their jerseys are just like san jose. I can not stand wearing those socks and that jersey. I don't even like having it in my house. But thats how I get down. If you want other teams gear, go for it.

#22 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:41 PM

i have a Gretzky jersey (Kings late 80s-early 90s black and silver )
McCarty - ( Wings )
Gabrik ( Wild )
Messier ( Canucks )
Gomez ( Devils )
Modano ( North Stars )
Selanne ( Jets )

and in the mail im getting Kyle Wellwood Jets jersey simply because hes not far from where i currently live.

and im gonna be honest and say that im an NHL fan in general, but i love watching the wings the most. Its been like that for almost 20 years.

#23 BryceWings

BryceWings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

I don't think so. I have a Devils Brodeur shirt. Although I am originally from Jersey. But am a big time Wings fan.

#24 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

I would wear a Bure jersey, or a Gretzky jersey or a Domi jersey. Basically, former enforcers or NHL greats.

I couldn't see myself wearing any current player's stuff.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#25 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

No way, I have a jersey collection, I love hockey jerseys but that doesn't take away from my ridiculous obsession with the Red Wings. And I dont ever pay full price for my jerseys, I look for deals on eBay

My Jerseys:
Red Wings- Yzerman
Red Wings Winter Classic- Zetterberg
Lightning 3rd- Stamkos
Blackhawks (1992 Vintgae)- Chelios
Kings (1988 Purple and Gold)- Robitaille
Team Canada
Team USA
Team Czech Republic
and I just got a dark Mighty Ducks Jersey, no name on it but I'm thinking of putting Salei on there.

Some of them are authentic some aren't, either way, I love hockey jerseys.

You lucky f***

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#26 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:58 AM

I was a minor league season ticket holder for 6 seasons and I owned over 20 team jerseys, none of which were for the team I was supporting. This didn't mean I didn't like my team (Muskegon Fury), I loved them, but I really liked the look of the league's other/defunct teams jerseys (Adirondack Icehawks, Knoxville Speed, Thunder Bay Thunder Cats, Utica Blizzard, Binghampton Icemen, Madison Monsters, etc...)

HOWEVER... when it comes to NHL teams, I'm a hockey player and well rounded in who's who on the other teams around the league. But I would NEVER, EVER wear any other colors than the Detroit Red Wings and and their farm club. My favorite jersey is still my game-worn Griffins #5 Kronwall jersey. Between Griffins and Red Wings jerseys, that's where I draw the line. You can't say I'm ignorant or a homer, because I live and breathe hockey and have very good knowledge of all other teams in the league, but you can't pay me to put a Chicago jersey, or Philly, San Jose, Pittsburgh, New Jersey, etc... It's the Red Wings, it has been since I've been since about 5 years old. Same goes for the Lions, Pistons and Tigers.

I guess what I'm saying is, when it comes to pro teams in my state, I embrace them and NO other team. Those others teams can piss off. Minor league hockey is, in my opinion an exception because, well, it's minor league. But it's Red Wings (Griffins) or nothing as far as apparel at the NHL, hands down.

#27 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:32 AM

I don't think it's out of line. I have an Ovechkin jersey and being that Toews is my favourite non wing I got him on my 2010 Team Canada Olympic jersey.

#28 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

I got picked up by a beer league team and their jerseys are just like san jose. I can not stand wearing those socks and that jersey. I don't even like having it in my house. But thats how I get down. If you want other teams gear, go for it.

I love it!!

Eff Chicago

#29 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

I'd get a Lightning jersey if it had Vinny on the back, but my girlfriend is a sort of fan (her grandparents moved out there so we've been to visit recently) so that goes without saying. I mean we went to the Bolts home-opener this year and I loved rooting for them. Did wear my Wings road jersey though.

Also it's just what you like. I'm English, but when I was over to the US recently my girlfriend bought me a Michigan Wolverines cap as I love the colours and the 'M' logo. Don't really know anyone from there, and I know the Michigan players on the Wings roster are mainly (if not solely) Spartans, but just love that blue and gold. Also means I can support a state that I like rather than just one pro sports team.

Also want a Tebow jersey from the Gators, as I do believe he is a prophet.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#30 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:47 AM

I like to collect Original 6 stuff. Obviously a vast majority of my hockey stuff is Red Wings, but I do think it's cool to have some other stuff, especially if you like showing stuff off. I'd like one day to have a game room/bar in my house and in it I'd like to have a section for Original 6 stuff to go with all my Red Wings stuff.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#31 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:30 AM

No you aren't because I will admit I do have a couple of other jersey in my closet. One from the Rangers when the Great One was still playing and one from the Stars.

#32 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:41 AM

Thanks for the responses, everyone. Got a few player name and number shirts in mind, wish i could blow $150 for a jersey but that isn't happening.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#33 OzWing19

OzWing19

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:50 AM

I'd get a Lightning jersey if it had Vinny on the back

I needed to get a black jersey for development league I'm playing in so I got last years Bolts jersey with Vinny on the back. It's a nice jersey but I much prefer it when I'm on the red team so I can wear my Zetty jersey with pride!

I should add that I got the Vinny jersey at a very nice clearance price of 50% off otherwise I would have got a plain black Warrior jersey for $30 from the pro shop lol.

#34 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:08 AM

I'm in the crowd saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I love my Wings, but I'm passionate about the sport in general. I love collecting jerseys and other merchandise. I have at least one jersey for each, some teams I have multiple. Rivalries have me buy merchandise, not sell it off! It gives memories for a long time. My Mac and Lemieux jerseys are framed and hung side by side. I have every winter classic jersey with each teams captain (my second Pens is a Staal, since I already had a Crosby), Philly will be easy this year, since Pronger wasn't their captain last showing. I never wear other teams jerseys, I only wear Wings gear.

#35 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

Fellow LGW brethren,

I am in need of some honest opinions here. Although I am a huge Detroit Red Wings fan, I do not limit myself to watching only Wings games. I've got Center Ice, so I follow everything that's going on around the league, and although I enjoy Detroit games the most, I consider myself a fan of the NHL in general, as well. My question is this: Am I betraying our beloved Detroit Red Wings by purchasing merchandise of another team, or am I just being a "well-rounded" hockey fan? Do any of you guys/gals have merchandise (Jerseys, etc.) Of other teams? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sincerely,

I just remind folks that my beloved Detroit Red Wings are by far my #1 team...That said there's a distant 2nd team known as the Toronto Maple Leafs that I root for, and yes - I have 4 Leaf jerseys from different eras, and it's not wrong to admit liking Wendel Clark.

EDIT - back in 2002 I was hoping/praying for a Red Wings/Maple Leafs Cup Finals...IMHO it would've been alot closer, and a ton more intense/interesting had the Leafs faced the Wings.

Edited by F.Michael, 16 December 2011 - 03:53 PM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#36 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 856 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

I'd say do whatever makes you happy! I'm more of a Red Wings fan than an NHL fan in general, although I do pay attention to the rest of the league to keep my current hockey knowledge up. I only own Red Wings merch, the only non-wings jersey I own is a Team USA hockey jersey I wear during the Olympics.

I have a friend who is a fan of the Blackhawks and Red Wings, and owns stuff for both teams. Although we do give him crap about it, it's all in good fun :)

#37 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

I can never wear other teams apparel ... just can't. As much as I loved yzerman I can never bring myself to buy a Tampa tee etc... jersey f*** that. Red Wngs for life :)

#38 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:41 PM

I wouldn't judge you. Well, okay, I'd probably judge you for certain jerseys, such as a Hawks sweater with Kane on the back or a Pens one with Crosby. But most of the time, it doesn't bother me. I bought a Lightning hat at the Draft last year because I was excited for Stevie, but I never wear it (partly because of Wings fanaticism, partly because I'm a girl and can't pull off the baseball cap look). Also, I don't have one, but I'd love to get a Tim Thomas t-shirt, and you bet I'd wear it.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#39 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

I wouldn't judge you. Well, okay, I'd probably judge you for certain jerseys, such as a Hawks sweater with Kane on the back or a Pens one with Crosby. But most of the time, it doesn't bother me. I bought a Lightning hat at the Draft last year because I was excited for Stevie, but I never wear it (partly because of Wings fanaticism, partly because I'm a girl and can't pull off the baseball cap look). Also, I don't have one, but I'd love to get a Tim Thomas t-shirt, and you bet I'd wear it.

I don't have a Crosby or Kane shirt on my list :P I've got a list of players' shirts or jerseys that I refuse to get. Kane, Crosby, Malkin, Chara, and Pronger are included. Some girls can pull off a baseball cap, so don't eliminate that possibility just because you're a girl :P
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#40 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

I do not think so I got a St. Louis Blues hat on clearance for 4$ once I wear it sometimes I like to support hockey even if I have to explain myself when questioned about it.