• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Crosby has "concussion symptoms"

Rate this topic

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The media coverage of Crosby is overkill without a doubt, but it really doesn't bother me as much as his on ice conduct. I don't like the sneaky little cheap shots he throws and then complains when he gets hit back. I don't like the way he went after Z after Game 4 in the '08 Finals or the cheap shots during the '09 Finals. I think that's garbage. He's amazingly talented, you can't deny that, but he acts like a jerk on the ice.

Oh I agree completely. I hate him for pretty much everything you stated there as well. He's definitely an immature punk on the ice when things aren't going his way. Hell, even when they are, he "forgot" to shake hands in 2009.

Guest stinky fish taco

BAH hahahahahahahahahaha! Your love of Crosby is pathological.

i don't like crosby, and i've never posted anything different. he's a whiner, a diver, and generally a s***head. i don't like that he talked trash about the wings even when he was getting embarrassed in the 08 finals, and i don't like that he was taking shots at hank's back 2 season ago because he was frustrated that z always shuts him down. he's also punched another man in the nuts from behind which is the behavior of a child.

none of this changes the fact that he might be the best forward in the NHL. whining doesn't change that. you know who else whined more than most players? wayne ******* gretzky. mario ******* lemiuex. it doesn't make them anything less than two of the most incredible players the game has ever seen.

i'm capable of looking at something objectively, and you are obviously not.

I am doubtful we will see him until after the new year, but would be surprised if he didn't come back before the playoffs. Though trying to pin down a timetable is pretty pointless as far as concussions are concerned. I find the recent developments pretty troubling as far as his long-term career is concerned and I'm not optimistic at the moment. I guess only time will tell.

Mehhh, I don't really want to even come close to admitting this but....I would like him to come back. If you are a fan of the sport and the pure talent he has, you would want him back.

But again, if you are any die hard Wings fan who has paid attention to anything in the past 4 or so years, then you "don't give a rat's ass". I am on the fence about it and whatever happens won't affect me much. Wow, sure glad I posted this passive aggressive bs hehe.gif

lindros took and gave out faaar more abuse than crosby has or ever will, and it was eric's own choice. This is the time where you ban contact or just let it go. Put up or shut up.

I don't think it was Lindros' "choice" to receive those head-shots courtesy of Scott Stevens. And I was simply referring to the possibility of Crosby's career coming to a premature end a la Eric Lindros, not necessarily the way the two players play.

I don't think it was Lindros' "choice" to receive those head-shots courtesy of Scott Stevens. And I was simply referring to the possibility of Crosby's career coming to a premature end a la Eric Lindros, not necessarily the way the two players play.

he played the game with reckless abandon, he admitted to skating with his head down to make plays and he always incited it by throwing big hits on stevens, lindros threw out maybe even more concussions then he received. He played on the edge, every part of his playing style was to blame for his concussions.

The media coverage of Crosby is overkill without a doubt, but it really doesn't bother me as much as his on ice conduct. I don't like the sneaky little cheap shots he throws and then complains when he gets hit back. I don't like the way he went after Z after Game 4 in the '08 Finals or the cheap shots during the '09 Finals. I think that's garbage. He's amazingly talented, you can't deny that, but he acts like a jerk on the ice.

It's funny, because I'm pretty much the exact opposite side of the coin in line with what GoWings1905 said, but I totally see where you are coming from. He is a fuzznut, but with me there are also a fair amount of other fuzznuts in the league. Maybe not as bad as Crosby, maybe worse, that's purely subjective from person to person and not my main point.

There are other players that definitely act like a**es along with Crosby, it's just absurd how much attention he gets. I think its fair to say that even he might think the attention is a bit over the top. And I'm definitely not implying that "ZOMG A RED WING SHOULD BE GETTING MORE ATTENTION!!!" Not even close and I don't care about that. And I am not jealous of his talent. And it really doesn't have anything to do with us playing them two years in a row in the Finals. I get not liking him from that or the rivalry aspect, I like the concept of rivalries in general but I don't like going overboard with them. I moreso want my fav. team to win vs. other teams losing or failing most times.

So, I get and respect that he is one of the best in the game today, perhaps the best. Crosby is definitely worth paying attention to from a talent perspective alone, but it's boggling how sometimes media can just shun his complaining and being a fuzznut off sometimes like a case of fleas when it really stands out at times. And how they don't focus on other athletes/superstars in general more at times.

Plus in general with me, it's just aggravating when any athlete or person or whatever is just so overhyped or talked about too much, whether it is sports, politics/news, whatever. As annoying as Crosby is which certainly doesn't help, the following of his every move (and again you could pretty much insert any person to replace Crosby - I'd probably still say "ENOUGH!" after a while) is more numbing and aggravating to me.

Is the NHL better off with him healthy? As painful as he is to tolerate sometimes for me, yes. I hope he can recover. As stated earlier though by somebody, don't put the majority or all your eggs in one basket with just one superstar marketing the league. There's plenty of talent out there and the NHL can be fine without him if that is the case.

While I would hate for him to have a s***ty life, I am perfectly fine with his douchness out of this league. The NHL was just fine without him before, and it will be just dandy without him now. Honestly, like someone said, karma is a *****. But hey, he made an impression and will continue to try to recover, but now with this latest setback, it'll only get harder and harder to play, until at one point, he will just have to call it a day, for his health. Just as Eric Lindros was supposed to come in and re-write the record books, so goes another "Next One." Maybe if the NHL would stop putting these labels on the guys, they won't get the delusions of grandeur that they are untouchable and are the NHL's golden boys and when they play, they don't play like they won't get hit hard... I may be in the minority, but I absolutely hate when the NHL and the Media tells me who is gonna be the best player ever. Cindy wouldn't have made it this long playing against Scott Stevens or ANYONE pre-1990. There is no player in this era who will ever be known as the best player ever in the NHL. Not as long as you have had Howe, Orr, Gretzky and Messier in this league. That is just to name a few...