• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Crosby has "concussion symptoms"

Rate this topic

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes let's wish that a player never plays again because the media promotes him after having one the best starts to a career in the history of the game.

Stay classy wing's fans.

This is awful news, he's such an important player for the league, it will not be the same without him. Such a shame.

Wow, over-dramatize much? The NHL has survived the retirement of Bobby Orr, Gordie Howe and Wayne Gretzky; what would make this worse?

Yes let's wish that a player never plays again because the media promotes him after having one the best starts to a career in the history of the game.

Stay classy wing's fans.

This is awful news, he's such an important player for the league, it will not be the same without him. Such a shame.

I don't understand this mentality. He's not any better for the game than Ovechkin or Stamkos or anyone else. Maybe because he sells more jerseys? As far as the actual game goes, he's not even the best player in the league (arguably), so his loss would suck for Pens fans but I think the league will do just fine.

Guest stinky fish taco

it's pretty pathetic that some of you would wish to see one of the best point producers and most talented players in the nhl never step on the ice again just because you're still bitter about a SCF loss a few years ago.

This is bad for the NHL.

He's their best player, whether you like it or not. That wouldn't be good for any sport, especially a sport that refuses to market other stars, besides Ovechkin.

Don't get confused that easy, it is not a sport that refuses to market other stars, it is Gary's NHL.

He's a rival and promoted above all and the hate is understandable on that level. To think it doesn't matter one way or the other for hockey is delusional and putting their hate above the good of the game.

He's a rival and promoted above all and the hate is understandable on that level. To think it doesn't matter one way or the other for hockey is delusional and putting their hate above the good of the game.

Please explain why the unfortunate possible retirement of HWSNBN is any more devastating to the league than that of excellent and almost universally beloved players? He's a very good player to be sure, but I fail to see how his loss will harm the league. If anything, it will help get headshots out of the game, so his loss would actually be for the greater good while the NHL continues to grow in spite of him not being in it.

To think his retirement will affect anything other than who the league markets next is delusional.

I don't understand this mentality. He's not any better for the game than Ovechkin or Stamkos or anyone else. Maybe because he sells more jerseys? As far as the actual game goes, he's not even the best player in the league (arguably), so his loss would suck for Pens fans but I think the league will do just fine.

Crosby is better than either of those players you mentioned.

Obviously the league will survive. A still think he's a whiny little ***** (albeit an extremely talented one) but it would be a shame for his career to end so early because of concussion issues.

Guest stinky fish taco

To think his retirement will affect anything other than who the league markets next is delusional.

you don't think it will affect fans? you don't think the fans want to see the best players play, especially a player that may be the most exciting in the league?

do you think fans wouldn't care if datsyuk retired tomorrow due to injuries? a player that many feel is alone worth the price of admission to a game? and that's a player that already reached his prime, unlike crosby.

get a clue.

Edited by stinky fish taco

This reminds of Eric Lindros. Too bad. Sure, I don't particularly like the kid and think he comes off as a spoiled brat, but he's a good, young talent, and good for the NHL.

lindros took and gave out faaar more abuse than crosby has or ever will, and it was eric's own choice. This is the time where you ban contact or just let it go. Put up or shut up.

you don't think it will affect fans? you don't think the fans want to see the best players play, especially a player that may be the most exciting in the league?

do you think fans wouldn't care if datsyuk retired tomorrow due to injuries? a player that many feel is alone worth the price of admission to a game? and that's a player that already reached his prime, unlike crosby.

get a clue.

Fans would care if Datsyuk had to retire due to injuries, but you know what? It wouldn't spell the demise of the NHL, nor would Crosby's retirement, despite what the Canadian media would have you believe.

Like this:

kcn.png

A little overdramatic, no?

To those who have said that you don't think the league will be worth watching if HWSNBN hangs 'em up, or is out an extended time to due to concussion.....what made you watch hockey BEFORE he started playing? What made the sport exciting to you, what made you want to follow it and obsess about it?

Are those reasons going to be gone if he's not playing anymore? Is everything that made hockey what it is for you going to suddenly disappear?

For f*ck's sake people, the guy is not Jesus Christ, no matter what some people here (or in the media) would have you believe.

Guest stinky fish taco

It wouldn't spell the demise of the NHL, nor would Crosby's retirement, despite what the Canadian media would have you believe.

of course not. you can take it too far either way. to say it would affect nothing other than the NHL hype machine rolling in another center of attention is just as absurd.

To those who have said that you don't think the league will be worth watching if HWSNBN hangs 'em up, or is out an extended time to due to concussion

did anyone actually say this?

Fans would care if Datsyuk had to retire due to injuries, but you know what? It wouldn't spell the demise of the NHL, nor would Crosby's retirement, despite what the Canadian media would have you believe.

Like this:

kcn.png

A little overdramatic, no?

"However, should Crosby not return by then, that much-trumpeted outdoor game will only serve to remind of the previous outdoor match, New Year's Day 2011, when Crosby suffered the first hit to the head that would send the NHL into its dark spiral."

I'd say so. I didn't even know the NHL was in a dark spiral. /shrug

Edited by jfranzen

Even if he does decide to hang 'em up for the season, you're still going to hear about it until he comes back. When/if he retires early, you're going to hear about it then too, forever. Get used to it. I think the media is bound by law to report about this guy from now on, punishable by cutting off their hockey mullet.

Maybe he shouldn't have been bitching about calls all the time, then I'd feel for him.

You must not have ever watched Yzerman, Gretzky, Messier, Lindros, Fedorov, Chelios, Roenick, Zetterberg etc... play. The best players complain the most because when they are out-skilling people and they cheat by holding, slashing, etc it bothers them.

get a clue.

BAH hahahahahahahahahaha! Your love of Crosby is pathological. Hell divided by yes people all over the league would care if Dats retired due to injuries. He's one of the few players on the Wings no one really hates. Talk (nicely) to opposing team's fans at games and read the internet. Pavel is a marvel all over the league.

You are now beginning to amuse me.

I hate the ****** more than any other athlete, but I don't want his career to end like this. I like watching him play and he's hands-down the most talented player in the NHL.

It seems like people here should aim their hatred more at the media than Crosby. He didn't demand the over-bearing coverage or attention on national broadcasts. I don't need to hear his name 200 times on a Versus telecast of the Red Wings and Lightning either, but that isn't Crosby's fault.

The NHL is a business and Crosby is a big loss. All of the Red Wings players themselves said they wanted Crosby to play tonight. If the guys on the ice want him around, that speaks volumes to his standing in the league.

I hate the ****** more than any other athlete, but I don't want his career to end like this. I like watching him play and he's hands-down the most talented player in the NHL.

It seems like people here should aim their hatred more at the media than Crosby. He didn't demand the over-bearing coverage or attention on national broadcasts. I don't need to hear his name 200 times on a Versus telecast of the Red Wings and Lightning either, but that isn't Crosby's fault.

The NHL is a business and Crosby is a big loss. All of the Red Wings players themselves said they wanted Crosby to play tonight. If the guys on the ice want him around, that speaks volumes to his standing in the league.

The media coverage of Crosby is overkill without a doubt, but it really doesn't bother me as much as his on ice conduct. I don't like the sneaky little cheap shots he throws and then complains when he gets hit back. I don't like the way he went after Z after Game 4 in the '08 Finals or the cheap shots during the '09 Finals. I think that's garbage. He's amazingly talented, you can't deny that, but he acts like a jerk on the ice.