• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/13 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Penguins 1

Rate this topic

"This doesn't really count....the best hockey player that has ever lived, Sidney Crosby, didn't play tonight, so the Wings didn't really beat us." - Random s***tsburgh fan

Buh-buh-but, I thought everything was fine when they beat that scoring powerhouse the NY Islanders without him!

Maybe it's just me and I take things for granted a little bit but I expected the Wings to win since the Pens didn't have Crosby or Letang.

One thing about the Pens that is very impressive is that they've barely slowed down at all when they've suffered injuries the last few seasons. They made the playoffs (and very nearly won their division) last season even with Crosby, Malkin, and Staal only playing half-seasons. Having those guys out certainly improves the Wings' chances, but if recent history is any indicator, the Pens are still very formidable even without them; Malkin had two hat-tricks taken off the board alone by Jimmy.

From TSN:

PITTSBURGH -- Pavel Datsyuk had a goal and an assist and Jimmy Howard stopped 25 shots to lead the Detroit Red Wings to a 4-1 victory over the injury-depleted Pittsburgh Penguins on Tuesday night.

Of course the injury card is played.... I'm just glad the Wings didn't come in and take them lightly. After suffering through the Pitt feed, I guess they call their sports channel "root" sports since the word can be a euphemism for a phallus, which both Steigerwalt and Errey are, and' like Edzo, constantly verbally fellate Pens players while not really giving much credit to the opposition. At least Mike Lange, back in the day, did a goos job in the days of the KDKA broadcasts.

Edited by TheXym

One thing about the Pens that is very impressive is that they've barely slowed down at all when they've suffered injuries the last few seasons. They made the playoffs (and very nearly won their division) last season even with Crosby, Malkin, and Staal only playing half-seasons. Having those guys out certainly improves the Wings' chances, but if recent history is any indicator, the Pens are still very formidable even without them; Malkin had two hat-tricks taken off the board alone by Jimmy.

Meh. I just don't see it.

Super easy travel.

Bunch of creampuffs in their division/conference.( Playing NYI and CAR 5-6 times a year.....)

Tons of help from the refs (one of the least penalized teams in the East despite having people like Cooke on their team)

You live in the greater s***tsburg area?

I do. I drive past Consol everyday. It's actually a nice place to live, but the bandwagon idiots that know next to nothing about hockey make it rough everytime these two play. I got into an argument on the subway with someone who was trying to tell me that Jordan Staal was the third best player in hockey, thus being way better than anyone on "my" Wings. Ugh

Well they would've written it the same if it was the other way around. I remember seeing that a lot during the 2009-2010 season. "(Team name here) won a 4-3 contest against the injury riddled Red Wings."

It's still annoying though, regardless of what team it is. Though if a team is icing a squad whose collective salary is below the salary floor due to mass injuries, I can understand to an extent.

They're a tough team to play against and they're built for the playoffs. They're a great team without their big guns but they're definitely that much better with them. Who knows what the game would look like if the Pens had all their horses around 95-100%? Detroit would have definitely competed harder for sure and it would be a close one. Too close for my liking though.