The Penguins lost. Without Sidney Crosby

there fixed for you. :)

#462 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:58 AM

your blog lists your favorite NHL teams as detroit and pittsburgh?

that's...disgusting.

LOL I must have put that before May 2008. I'll fix it. I can't STAND the Pens today. They could go 0-82 and I would still want them to lose more.

This might generate some uproar. Pens broadcasters...

"Datsyuk scored a Crosby-like goal!"

<_<

THIS is exactly why I watched the game on the internet with the Fox Sports Detroit feed, instead of watching it on my TV and having to listen to the idiot Penguin announcers.

Are you a steelers fan? I don't follow pro football that much (too busy cheering for sparty) but the steelers are my favorite pro team

Yeah, the Steelers are still my favorite football team and will continue to be unless they play the Red Wings in the Super Bowl. :hehe:

#463 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:14 AM

Someone needs to clue the Pens' announcers in on something. HWSNBN scores Datsyuk-like goals, not the other way around. Also, the only time HWSNBN dekes someone out of their jock strap is on a date, not on the ice.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#464 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

Someone needs to clue the Pens' announcers in on something. HWSNBN scores Datsyuk-like goals, not the other way around. Also, the only time HWSNBN dekes someone out of their jock strap is on a date, not on the ice.

Oh, Mario started letting him date?

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#465 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

"Wings beat Sid-less Penguins 4-1"

Yeah, NHL. We get it. Crosby wasn't in the lineup, so the win doesn't really count.

Posted Image

#466 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

I can empathize. My college roommate was from Washington, PA and was a huge Pens fan (this was the early 90's). My college gf's roommates' dad was good friends with Rick Kehoe, so I know a pretty good amount of Pens history, and actually respect Pens fans who suffered through the dark days of Dick Tarnstrom leading them in scoring. I have no use for the post- Crosby bandwagoners who don't know squat.

When I was out in Pitt for All-State chorus a couple of years ago, I wore my Zetterberg jersey one day and my Konstantinov jersey another day (this was to the game the Pirates lost 20-0 to the Brewers). Three Pens fans were right behind me. Two started talking smack, the third complimented me on the Vladdy jersey. I turned around and said to the guy who gave props to the jersey he'd obviously suffered through the Tarnstrom era and I could respect that and that we could probably have a great hockey chat, but his buddies were obvious bandwagoners who didn't know squat and couldn't spell Crosby without sob and cry. He laughed, turned to his idiot friends and told them to STFU, I knew more about the Pens than they did, and that I was proof Wings fans were cool. He bought me a couple of beers and we had a good time. There are some great long time fans out there but they are sadly outnumbered by the loudmouth bandwagon idiots.

Very cool story. Yeah, there are good hockey fans in Pittsburgh for sure, but the idiots are loud and outnumber the smart ones and that makes the fan base as a whole look bad. I had a brick thrown through my car door window after the Wings won the Cup in 2008. I'm not really the type of person to rub things in either, but apparently letting people know you're a Wings fan by wearing their jersey in public during the playoffs is frowned upon. lol

#467 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

"Wings beat Sid-less Penguins 4-1"

Yeah, NHL. We get it. Crosby wasn't in the lineup, so the win doesn't really count.

Isn't it amazing? They played very, very well last year without him along with several other players, proving they can get it done without him, but if they lose, it just HAS to be because HWSNBN was unable to play.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#468 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

Oh, Mario started letting him date?

Only if he cleans his room, does his homework, and promises to be home by curfew.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#469 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:48 AM

Bahahahahahahaha!

Young Pittsburgh fan freaks out at Detroit fan parents.

http://sports.yahoo....urn=nhl-wp19897

Although... I have to wonder. If that kid's parents are Wings fans, how the hell did that kid become a Pens fan in the first place? Is it another case of "Come on, parents. Watch your kids!!" or is the culture of sports obsession in Pittsburgh that powerful of a force?

Also, from the blog entry...

Second, this video features a petulant child wearing a Sidney Crosby jersey and throwing an infantile tantrum. I'm sure you all have some opinions on that.

:lol: