shea weber's amazing shot from section 317,nice shot shea:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9ndg7NGjRZg

#2 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:59 AM

He could've probably got that one past Dan Ellis.

#3 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

I saw that. I bet Pasha could do it.
Posted Image

#4 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

doesnt look that hard

#5 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

doesnt look that hard

Have you ever tried to stand behind the goal line and fling a a puck down the surface straight in? No guarantee it goes in every time even on level ice.

#6 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

Meh, all he really had to do was shoot a puck in a straight line. For a professional hockey player, that shouldn't be too difficult. I bet every player in the league could make this shot in a few tries.

They should have put up the shoot-the-puck barrier in front of the goal, then I'd be impressed!
Posted Image

#7 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

Have you ever tried to stand behind the goal line and fling a a puck down the surface straight in? No guarantee it goes in every time even on level ice.

yeah i use to play lots of hockey. i would love the opportunity to try that shot

#8 Kindl Surprise

Kindl Surprise

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

Getzlaf did it a year and a half ago, I don't know why everyone is so impressed

#9 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:34 PM

Meh, all he really had to do was shoot a puck in a straight line. For a professional hockey player, that shouldn't be too difficult. I bet every player in the league could make this shot in a few tries.

They should have put up the shoot-the-puck barrier in front of the goal, then I'd be impressed!

he wasn't trying to impress anybody,he was just having a friendly shoot-around with country music singer and predators fan dierks bentley,they were having a good time hanging out together.

#10 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

That's cool. I must be the only one that that wanted to see the shot Dierks made as well, but he might have missed all his tries.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#11 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

i cant believe you guys think its that easy to make that. when you think of its trajectory, if its off one or 2 degrees its going wide. youre talking about a 5 foot wide hole on a shot about 400ft away. on top of that you have to get a lucky bounce, like weber did, for it to keep that same line. i would bet anybody on here the couldnt do it more than once ever 20 shots.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#12 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

When he does that, I'll be impressed.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#13 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

Getzlafs went straight in, Weber got a lucky kick to the left. It's more tricky than you think to do it. You need to clear the stands then you need to clear the glass, i doubt most people on this site could do that, let alone make it into the net.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#14 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

Getzlafs went straight in, Weber got a lucky kick to the left. It's more tricky than you think to do it. You need to clear the stands then you need to clear the glass, i doubt most people on this site could do that, let alone make it into the net.

also they gotta clear the safety net, which i suppose could have been down during this video. tough to tell..
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#15 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

Getzlaf did it a year and a half ago, I don't know why everyone is so impressedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMSHf79zlUk

Best part was "I would have painted the same thing if I knew I could turn the canvas horizontal".

#16 Trastion

Trastion

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

If you watch that video again there are a LOT of pucks down there. how many shots did he attempt before getting one to go in. I am pretty sure I could sit up there and fire 25 pucks and get a couple to go in.

Ok maybe there are not a LOT, I thought the black things already in the net were pucks but they look to be something else, but there are a good 4 or 5 on the ice already.

Edited by Trastion, 15 December 2011 - 04:29 PM.

#17 BryceWings

BryceWings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

Looks like he had been trying to get that shot for a little bit. A lot of pucks around there. Long ass shot though.

#18 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:51 PM

Weber's trick shot from the ice tonight... :(

#19 mtuhockey7

mtuhockey7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

Datsyuk could do that...backhand

#20 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

For the one person trying to post something kind of fun, you can count on 50 people coming in to crap on it.

gotta love the internets.

If Weber were a Red Wings people would be talking about how cool it was he made that shot.

My point is, Weber should be a Red Wing. :D