• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PredsFanTheBayouState

shea weber's trick shot from the stands

Rate this topic

doesnt look that hard

Have you ever tried to stand behind the goal line and fling a a puck down the surface straight in? No guarantee it goes in every time even on level ice.

Meh, all he really had to do was shoot a puck in a straight line. For a professional hockey player, that shouldn't be too difficult. I bet every player in the league could make this shot in a few tries.

They should have put up the shoot-the-puck barrier in front of the goal, then I'd be impressed!

Have you ever tried to stand behind the goal line and fling a a puck down the surface straight in? No guarantee it goes in every time even on level ice.

yeah i use to play lots of hockey. i would love the opportunity to try that shot

Meh, all he really had to do was shoot a puck in a straight line. For a professional hockey player, that shouldn't be too difficult. I bet every player in the league could make this shot in a few tries.

They should have put up the shoot-the-puck barrier in front of the goal, then I'd be impressed!

he wasn't trying to impress anybody,he was just having a friendly shoot-around with country music singer and predators fan dierks bentley,they were having a good time hanging out together.

i cant believe you guys think its that easy to make that. when you think of its trajectory, if its off one or 2 degrees its going wide. youre talking about a 5 foot wide hole on a shot about 400ft away. on top of that you have to get a lucky bounce, like weber did, for it to keep that same line. i would bet anybody on here the couldnt do it more than once ever 20 shots.

Getzlafs went straight in, Weber got a lucky kick to the left. It's more tricky than you think to do it. You need to clear the stands then you need to clear the glass, i doubt most people on this site could do that, let alone make it into the net.

also they gotta clear the safety net, which i suppose could have been down during this video. tough to tell..

Getzlaf did it a year and a half ago, I don't know why everyone is so impressed

Best part was "I would have painted the same thing if I knew I could turn the canvas horizontal".

If you watch that video again there are a LOT of pucks down there. how many shots did he attempt before getting one to go in. I am pretty sure I could sit up there and fire 25 pucks and get a couple to go in.

Ok maybe there are not a LOT, I thought the black things already in the net were pucks but they look to be something else, but there are a good 4 or 5 on the ice already.

Edited by Trastion