• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/15 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Predators 4

Rate this topic

this was a really tough loss to swallow. shoulda had this one.

i thought stuart and kronwall were brutal.

as fantastic as howard has been all season he cost us this game with his poor decisions behind the net.

3rd goal held on too long...penalty

4th goal instead of just passing to kronwall he fires it up high on the glass...goal

once the nashville announcers started rhyming off our stats about 3 goals for and leading going into the third i knew we were done.

just can't say s*** like that. <_<

This.

Fluke win. Nashville didn't deserve a point, let alone two. The Red Wings dominated pretty much the entire game; just one of those nights where the bounces didn't go their way. The d-men besides White and Lidstrom were brutal though. Awful coverage on the first two goals. The Predators generated hardly anything offensively except the times the Red Wings turned the puck over or didn't cover anyone.

This certainly wasn't a lack of effort loss. The better team didn't win tonight.

Refs put the whistles away for the most part, and a physical team wears the Wings down in the end. Yes, I see all the "puck luck" comments and am doubtful. I just really really hope this isn't a preview of what the playoffs will be like again.

The Red Wings would beat the Predators in five games at most in the playoffs. Nashville didn't wear the Red Wings down tonight. The Red Wings dominated play.

Fluke win. Nashville didn't deserve a point, let alone two. The Red Wings dominated pretty much the entire game; just one of those nights where the bounces didn't go their way. The d-men besides White and Lidstrom were brutal though. Awful coverage on the first two goals. The Predators generated hardly anything offensively except the times the Red Wings turned the puck over or didn't cover anyone.

This certainly wasn't a lack of effort loss. The better team didn't win tonight.

Ya i would love to get Nashville first round in the playoffs, Wings puck possession was great and they toyed with them at times but no bounces our way, missed chances and lottery winning type luck for the Preds.

The Red Wings would beat the Predators in five games at most in the playoffs. Nashville didn't wear the Red Wings down tonight. The Red Wings dominated play.

As I said, I hope that's the case. The last two playoffs have said differently, which is why games like this give me a sinking feeling in the gut.

The Red Wings were a long shot better than the Preds all night long. Our top 2 lines were outstanding. I thought the 4th line SUCKED though and they missed coverage too many times in our own end. Also, as I said earlier, the bottom 4 dmen had a pretty bad night, and Howard was not as good as we are used to seeing. Nashville got very lucky to win this game, but by no means should we start turning on the Wings players and say this is 2010 all over again. I think Barry Trotz said it best earlier today... this season the Wings are playing like the 2008 Cup winning team for the first time since they won the cup and this loss tonight was pretty much the only way that team lost games in 2008 (losing games even though they were clearly the better team). I expect the Wings will come out strong at the Joe saturday.

As I said, I hope that's the case. The last two playoffs have said differently, which is why games like this give me a sinking feeling in the gut.

I respectfully disagree. This didn't have the feel of a more common Red Wings loss or highlight a team like the Sharks that typically gives Detroit fits.

There are times bigger, physical teams wear the Red Wings defense out but the puck was in Nashville's zone most of the night. The Red Wings forecheck and cycling was controlling the game.

I am confident in saying if the Red Wings play even slightly cleaner defensively, with an effort like that, they win pretty much any game. Tonight was a rare exception.

Caught a good portion of this game, some stale moments and i did see 52 lack confidence back there ( being modest )...Do you guys notice when jimmy plays the puck more bad things happen? this happened in the Boston game, we were getting outplayed a little ( not out-chanced ) but were hanging in there and Jimmy misplayed two pucks that turned into goals, otherwise we shut them out because of the GREAT GOALTENDING !!!

Christopher

OK, so the Wings "great play" somehow allowed 4 unanswered goals. But even worse, it appears that the Detroit News has "improved" their website to the extent that they've screwed up the Red Wings forum. Anybody know what those dickheads (the News) have been up to??

Ericsson has got to go...

...great game by the good guys, just couldn't hold on. I knew that if they hung on to only one goal down near the end they would get a power play and tie it. And they did. And then momentum took over. Jimmy had a bad night, he is entitled to one. First goal not much he could've done, but the second goal was a bad rebound to give up, the penalty he committed was obvious (Wings gotta improve that penalty kill, that is the only place they are lacking (besides Ericsson)) and then the clear up the glass. So, basically, besides the first goal, the three were his fault. Oh well, his loss, his mistakes, he is entitled. Too bad it was to a Central foe and we basically lost 4 points.

I thought by the way they dominated that this was gonna be a slam dunk win, I guess they thought that as well and played lackadaisical the last few minutes. I agree with the above poster, we sure do need that sniper. Hudler has been fine (:puke: , excuse me) but he is only on the 2nd line by default. We need that pure goal scorer up there. But that is not the reason they lost the game. Too bad, it was a fun game to watch for a Wings fan....for about 55 mins.

OK, so the Wings "great play" somehow allowed 4 unanswered goals. But even worse, it appears that the Detroit News has "improved" their website to the extent that they've screwed up the Red Wings forum. Anybody know what those dickheads (the News) have been up to??

you get what you pay for....bust some more union's Detroit, go ahead, see where your city and services go...down the toilet.

3 unanswered, but yeah, I get you.

Unfortunately, I called this loss even before puck drop. I told my buddy during the pre-game that the Red Wings are pretty decent at getting a good streak going, then dropping a game they should almost always win. In this case, we have two blowout wins over the Coyotes and the Jets, and a dominant game over the Penguins, and then we lose off of bad bounces and a couple of poor mistakes by Howard.

I can fully understand the hook he gave though that generated a power play goal by the Predators though. You don't impede the guy a bit, you let him get a better position and the opportunity to pass, maybe even a wraparound, and it's tied right then and there. Unfortunately, Weber's PP goal didn't take too long to happen.

I wouldn't say he played bad though. He had some great saves all night, and then he let in a couple of flukey goals. The first one they had was directly after a phenomenal save. The third goal he almost had in his glove. The fourth one, he couldn't really do much about except create more of an angle for the shot which could have been saved. As the replay showed though, it was a tricky bounce.

Also, this would have been a totally different game had Datsyuk not missed the net on that one attempt. I felt so bad for him because right after that, you could totally see he was using everything he had in the tank to make up for it. That's the type of play I wish him and Zetterberg would show the whole game.

Oh yeah, and Ericsson was absolutely horrendous tonight. How many unforced turnovers did he have?

Ericsson was hardly the Red Wings worst player tonight. Kronwall and Stuart were both -3 and didn't cover anyone from Nashville the entire game. Ericsson coughed the puck up a couple times, but what else is new? A second pairing playing that poorly will cost you far more than a third pairing d-man with a few turnovers.

Some of you guys are overreacting here big time. The Wings played a perfect road game for the most part. Yah, there were some mistakes made by Howard, but he has played lights out all season so he is entitled to a bad game every now and then. The thing that stuck out to me is that there were times tonight where Kronners and Stu looked lost in our end. They just kind of scramble around the zone when they play together for some reason, so look for Babs to split them up.

- Lidstrom and White were fantastic tonight. Weber had a good night, but I think Nick's all around play showed why he is still the best defenseman in the game

- Pavel had another great game. Sure he missed the open net, but that happens and he has been our best player for the last long while and is slowly getting close to 1st place in points in the league. That entire first line has been outstanding. Highlight of my night was Pavs knocking Weber down... I laughed so hard

- Zetterberg is really coming to form with shooting the puck and controlling play... it is really nice to see

- Ericsson has got to go. I am so tired of his lame play. He simply has no potential imo. If we can somehow create a package deal for Semin that invovles Ericsson going the other way, please pull the trigger Kenny.

Bottom line is that we saw many good things from the Wings tonight, and I am not worried one bit about this team

The Red Wings were a long shot better than the Preds all night long. Our top 2 lines were outstanding. I thought the 4th line SUCKED though and they missed coverage too many times in our own end. Also, as I said earlier, the bottom 4 dmen had a pretty bad night, and Howard was not as good as we are used to seeing. Nashville got very lucky to win this game, but by no means should we start turning on the Wings players and say this is 2010 all over again. I think Barry Trotz said it best earlier today... this season the Wings are playing like the 2008 Cup winning team for the first time since they won the cup and this loss tonight was pretty much the only way that team lost games in 2008 (losing games even though they were clearly the better team). I expect the Wings will come out strong at the Joe saturday.

What'd Kindl do wrong?? I thought he had another good game.

I agree with everything else you said. Can we put Abby back to centre and put Tatar on the wing? Emmerton needs to not see the ice unless we are down to 11 fit players.

Not happy about this loss at all. Regardless, I think this is our best team since '09. We look good even when we lose like today. I probably won't say this again and this seems like as random a spot as any to say it but I honestly think this team is in for a cup run. I'm not afraid to say it after a meaningless regular season loss. We look good. Damn good. Howard will be key.

Some of you guys are overreacting here big time. The Wings played a perfect road game for the most part. Yah, there were some mistakes made by Howard, but he has played lights out all season so he is entitled to a bad game every now and then. The thing that stuck out to me is that there were times tonight where Kronners and Stu looked lost in our end. They just kind of scramble around the zone when they play together for some reason, so look for Babs to split them up.

- Lidstrom and White were fantastic tonight. Weber had a good night, but I think Nick's all around play showed why he is still the best defenseman in the game

- Pavel had another great game. Sure he missed the open net, but that happens and he has been our best player for the last long while and is slowly getting close to 1st place in points in the league. That entire first line has been outstanding. Highlight of my night was Pavs knocking Weber down... I laughed so hard

- Zetterberg is really coming to form with shooting the puck and controlling play... it is really nice to see

- Ericsson has got to go. I am so tired of his lame play. He simply has no potential imo. If we can somehow create a package deal for Semin that invovles Ericsson going the other way, please pull the trigger Kenny.

Bottom line is that we saw many good things from the Wings tonight, and I am not worried one bit about this team

LOL! We both got negged twice for stating the obvious. Either someone doesn't think Jimmy made a few mistakes (hey, he is human, it's not like we said he sucks) or we have an Ericsson slappy who is appalled by anyone saying something bad about the worst defender on the team. Anyhow your analysis is just as accurate as mine was as was a few others tonight. Great game played overall, Howard showed he was human today, so what, it's not like he is slumping, it's one game. And Ericsson just proved again that he is not worth his NTC overpayment contract...anyhow, I gave ya a +1 because nobody who gives out negg's is man/or woman enough to say why and debate why. Spineless, slappies...

Edited by LeftWinger