• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#221 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:31 PM

Welcome back 2010 Red Wings. 2 shots=2 goals.

P.s. Can you imagine how sick our team would be if we had a sniper or two?

#222 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:31 PM

that was pathetic.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#223 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

Yeah, it was a bad bounce, but they still let up the last five minutes - being content to just flip the puck out of their zone, instead of skate it out, trying to create some offense. Those of us who have watched this kind of crap for years had that feeling in our stomachs half-way through the 3rd period.
Yes, they played hard - for about 50 minutes.

That's the root of my comment towards the start of the 3rd. I had that feeling that I felt quite a bit in past seasons that their dominance not reflected on the scoreboard was going to cost them.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#224 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Well, after a tough loss a good chuckle is always nice.

Courtesy of the the Wings facebook page:

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#225 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

this was a really tough loss to swallow. shoulda had this one.

i thought stuart and kronwall were brutal.

as fantastic as howard has been all season he cost us this game with his poor decisions behind the net.

3rd goal held on too long...penalty

4th goal instead of just passing to kronwall he fires it up high on the glass...goal

once the nashville announcers started rhyming off our stats about 3 goals for and leading going into the third i knew we were done.

just can't say s*** like that. <_<
naked is a state of mind

#226 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

this was a really tough loss to swallow. shoulda had this one.

i thought stuart and kronwall were brutal.

as fantastic as howard has been all season he cost us this game with his poor decisions behind the net.

3rd goal held on too long...penalty

4th goal instead of just passing to kronwall he fires it up high on the glass...goal

once the nashville announcers started rhyming off our stats about 3 goals for and leading going into the third i knew we were done.

just can't say s*** like that. <_<

This.

#227 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

Refs put the whistles away for the most part, and a physical team wears the Wings down in the end. Yes, I see all the "puck luck" comments and am doubtful. I just really really hope this isn't a preview of what the playoffs will be like again.

#228 fifthandbroadway

fifthandbroadway

Barely alive

• Gold Booster
  • 629 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

Nashville Predators.

f*** them.

Brilliant insight.

Red Wing 'till I die.

#229 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

Fluke win. Nashville didn't deserve a point, let alone two. The Red Wings dominated pretty much the entire game; just one of those nights where the bounces didn't go their way. The d-men besides White and Lidstrom were brutal though. Awful coverage on the first two goals. The Predators generated hardly anything offensively except the times the Red Wings turned the puck over or didn't cover anyone.

This certainly wasn't a lack of effort loss. The better team didn't win tonight.

Refs put the whistles away for the most part, and a physical team wears the Wings down in the end. Yes, I see all the "puck luck" comments and am doubtful. I just really really hope this isn't a preview of what the playoffs will be like again.

The Red Wings would beat the Predators in five games at most in the playoffs. Nashville didn't wear the Red Wings down tonight. The Red Wings dominated play.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#230 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:40 PM

Fluke win. Nashville didn't deserve a point, let alone two. The Red Wings dominated pretty much the entire game; just one of those nights where the bounces didn't go their way. The d-men besides White and Lidstrom were brutal though. Awful coverage on the first two goals. The Predators generated hardly anything offensively except the times the Red Wings turned the puck over or didn't cover anyone.

This certainly wasn't a lack of effort loss. The better team didn't win tonight.

Ya i would love to get Nashville first round in the playoffs, Wings puck possession was great and they toyed with them at times but no bounces our way, missed chances and lottery winning type luck for the Preds.

#231 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

The Red Wings would beat the Predators in five games at most in the playoffs. Nashville didn't wear the Red Wings down tonight. The Red Wings dominated play.

As I said, I hope that's the case. The last two playoffs have said differently, which is why games like this give me a sinking feeling in the gut.

#232 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

The Red Wings were a long shot better than the Preds all night long. Our top 2 lines were outstanding. I thought the 4th line SUCKED though and they missed coverage too many times in our own end. Also, as I said earlier, the bottom 4 dmen had a pretty bad night, and Howard was not as good as we are used to seeing. Nashville got very lucky to win this game, but by no means should we start turning on the Wings players and say this is 2010 all over again. I think Barry Trotz said it best earlier today... this season the Wings are playing like the 2008 Cup winning team for the first time since they won the cup and this loss tonight was pretty much the only way that team lost games in 2008 (losing games even though they were clearly the better team). I expect the Wings will come out strong at the Joe saturday.

#233 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

As I said, I hope that's the case. The last two playoffs have said differently, which is why games like this give me a sinking feeling in the gut.

I respectfully disagree. This didn't have the feel of a more common Red Wings loss or highlight a team like the Sharks that typically gives Detroit fits.

There are times bigger, physical teams wear the Red Wings defense out but the puck was in Nashville's zone most of the night. The Red Wings forecheck and cycling was controlling the game.

I am confident in saying if the Red Wings play even slightly cleaner defensively, with an effort like that, they win pretty much any game. Tonight was a rare exception.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#234 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

We played a solid game, sucks we couldn't hold onto the lead. Weber has a cannon. Good game, though.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#235 czappia19

czappia19

czappia19

• 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

Caught a good portion of this game, some stale moments and i did see 52 lack confidence back there ( being modest )...Do you guys notice when jimmy plays the puck more bad things happen? this happened in the Boston game, we were getting outplayed a little ( not out-chanced ) but were hanging in there and Jimmy misplayed two pucks that turned into goals, otherwise we shut them out because of the GREAT GOALTENDING !!!

Christopher

#236 chellfairy

chellfairy

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

Well, after a tough loss a good chuckle is always nice.

Courtesy of the the Wings facebook page:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=D0U9P9L4ORs

:clap::lol::lol:Love that!!!! It took a bit of the sting of the loss away.
Thanks.

#237 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

Fun game to watch, well played and better luck next game.

#238 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

OK, so the Wings "great play" somehow allowed 4 unanswered goals. But even worse, it appears that the Detroit News has "improved" their website to the extent that they've screwed up the Red Wings forum. Anybody know what those dickheads (the News) have been up to??
Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#239 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:18 PM

Ericsson has got to go...

...great game by the good guys, just couldn't hold on. I knew that if they hung on to only one goal down near the end they would get a power play and tie it. And they did. And then momentum took over. Jimmy had a bad night, he is entitled to one. First goal not much he could've done, but the second goal was a bad rebound to give up, the penalty he committed was obvious (Wings gotta improve that penalty kill, that is the only place they are lacking (besides Ericsson)) and then the clear up the glass. So, basically, besides the first goal, the three were his fault. Oh well, his loss, his mistakes, he is entitled. Too bad it was to a Central foe and we basically lost 4 points.

I thought by the way they dominated that this was gonna be a slam dunk win, I guess they thought that as well and played lackadaisical the last few minutes. I agree with the above poster, we sure do need that sniper. Hudler has been fine (:puke: , excuse me) but he is only on the 2nd line by default. We need that pure goal scorer up there. But that is not the reason they lost the game. Too bad, it was a fun game to watch for a Wings fan....for about 55 mins.

OK, so the Wings "great play" somehow allowed 4 unanswered goals. But even worse, it appears that the Detroit News has "improved" their website to the extent that they've screwed up the Red Wings forum. Anybody know what those dickheads (the News) have been up to??

you get what you pay for....bust some more union's Detroit, go ahead, see where your city and services go...down the toilet.

Blah,Blah,Blah....Trade Pav...Blah, Blah...Trade Z...Yadda, Yadda, Blah...

#240 DatsyukianDangles122

DatsyukianDangles122

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:25 PM

That cannon of a shot will be ours next season :D