• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

Super curious to see how Mrazek performs in the playoffs. He seemed to rise to the occasion for us even as a young guy. If he can take the experience he’s gotten up to this point and combine it with his inherent competitiveness, he could be a major difference-maker. Good to see him doing well. Still wonder if we should’ve kept him...if he ends up actually being a consistently good goalie, it’ll sting a bit, but he certainly earned his trade. 

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I hope those jerks in Carolina get past the 1st round...Watch Grapes' head explode on live tv :lol:

Remember back in 2002 he gave Bobby Holik a $9 million per season contract for sumthin like 5 years?

Sather was also behind the Brad Richards, Wade Redden, Chris Drury and Scott Gomez signings. And he traded Adam Graves for future Red Wings fan favorite Mikael Samuelsson.

I guess overspending for players in an attempt to buy a championship makes u a Hall of Famer

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

3 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Carolina should wear the Whaler jerseys the entire playoffs.  Don't think I can stare at that ugly rose logo crap.  Watch that arena get magically filled now that these jokers made the playoffs again.  

Truth be told - good for them!

I'm hoping they face off against the Caps in the 1st round, and beat them :lol:

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Interesting.  Best coach in the world joins team full of budding stars.  What could go wrong?

Word on the street was that Mr. Mustache wanted a team that's ready to win a Cup. In other words, he had no interest in a project. I dunno if he compromised a bit or if he genuinely believes the pieces are mostly in place.

In any case, good on Tallon, I guess. Dude came out and straight-up said, "S*** is broken and we are unhappy about it and we need to change things up." Makes me think there might in fact be something to all the rumors about them going HAM after Panarin and Bobrovsky.

Just now, Dabura said:

Word on the street was that Mr. Mustache wanted a team that's ready to win a Cup. In other words, he had no interest in a project. I dunno if he compromised a bit or if he genuinely believes the pieces are mostly in place.

In any case, good on Tallon, I guess. Dude came out and straight-up said, "S*** is broken and we are unhappy about it and we need to change things up." Makes me think there might in fact be something to all the rumors about them going HAM after Panarin and Bobrovsky.

Well this certainly doesn't hurt their chances of Landing Panarin considering he's been coached by Quenneville before.  I think they've got the talent for sure to be Cup competitive in a year or two.  Really good farm system too.  Smart move by Quenneville.  Where else was he going to coach that much young talent? 

Please, please, please let him win a Cup with Florida before Babs wins one with Toronto. 

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Well this certainly doesn't hurt their chances of Landing Panarin considering he's been coached by Quenneville before.  I think they've got the talent for sure to be Cup competitive in a year or two.  Really good farm system too.  Smart move by Quenneville.  Where else was he going to coach that much young talent? 

Please, please, please let him win a Cup with Florida before Babs wins one with Toronto. 

They're definitely in a good place talent-wise. That's what's been so frustrating about them -- the talent has been there, they just haven't been able to put it all together and take the next step. So, yeah, bringing Quenneville aboard makes all the sense in the world and is a huge win for an organization that desperately needs to stop Mickey Mousing things up. I'm sure the pre-existing familiarity between Tallon and Quenneville didn't hurt.

I'd thought Quenneville might land in Buffalo, but I guess he decided he doesn't want to become an utterly miserable alcoholic. I suppose it's telling that he didn't even wait to see if the Sabres add Hughes/Kakko to their existing core of Eichel and Dahlin. Not a good look for Buffalo.

F*** Babcock and f*** the Leafs. I have no love for the Bruins, but you can bet your ass I'll be rooting for them in the first round.

30 minutes ago, Dabura said:

They're definitely in a good place talent-wise. That's what's been so frustrating about them -- the talent has been there, they just haven't been able to put it all together and take the next step. So, yeah, bringing Quenneville aboard makes all the sense in the world and is a huge win for an organization that desperately needs to stop Mickey Mousing things up. I'm sure the pre-existing familiarity between Tallon and Quenneville didn't hurt.

I'd thought Quenneville might land in Buffalo, but I guess he decided he doesn't want to become an utterly miserable alcoholic. I suppose it's telling that he didn't even wait to see if the Sabres add Hughes/Kakko to their existing core of Eichel and Dahlin. Not a good look for Buffalo.

F*** Babcock and f*** the Leafs. I have no love for the Bruins, but you can bet your ass I'll be rooting for them in the first round.

Isn't that pick Colorado's?

49 minutes ago, Dabura said:

The year is 2041. Jimmy Howard is still the Red Wings' starting goalie.

Never paid much attention to the Clancy. It's like the award that doesn't really matter when you look back on a players career. Sure isn't getting Cujo or Linden into the HOF. Every team has a player nominated for that thing? How inclusive of the NHL. Everyone gets a shot at a prize.