• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Frank Vatrano sends #72 to Sergei Bobrovsky in exchange for a new Rolex and a year of free dinners.

The Russian got fleeced. Those dinners could be anything, they could even be steak. Will be interesting to circle back on this one to see how it turns out.

I think he can afford it...

20 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Gardiner is the most notable UFA still floating out there 

Half of Barrie's salary retained?... Wow, great trade for the Leafs... F***!

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'd take Gardiner on a not-ridiculous contract. Maybe.

No.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

No.

Hater.

https://nhlrumorsdaily.com/rumors/f/as-the-dust-settles

The biggest defenseman left on the market, Jake Gardiner has yet to make a decision, but sources tell me he has plenty of options... Montreal (more on them below) and the Anaheim Ducks are two players in this, and Stevie-Y has sniffed around too. Will continue to track this one as the day goes on.

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Half of Barrie's salary retained?... Wow, great trade for the Leafs... F***!

No.

WTF what is Sakic doing? If you told me Kadri for Barrie straight up... I'd be like ok I guess that makes ok sense. But retaining 50% salary and throwing in Kerfoot? Did Joe not get the memo that we're trying to f*** over the Leafs this year?

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

And Barrie 50% off lmao this deal makes zero sense , don’t know why these teams are all helping the leafs,guess they pretty much have one year to go for it

I guess Kadri has term left, and Barrie only has 1 year left, and Kerfoot has to be re-signed yet.

Still tho... I would've just re-signed Kerfoot to similar term as Kadri and kept Barrie for 1 more year. Avs have nice cap room, I don't see the need for this trade.

17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I guess Kadri has term left, and Barrie only has 1 year left, and Kerfoot has to be re-signed yet.

Still tho... I would've just re-signed Kerfoot to similar term as Kadri and kept Barrie for 1 more year. Avs have nice cap room, I don't see the need for this trade.

I don’t f***en get this deal at all , it’s a lot harder to land a #1 dman than a 2c ... you offer up Barrie across the league I can’t imagine they wouldn’t get bigger deals back especially if someone can lock him up AND they go and eat 50% off his salary ? Like wtf 

and you mentioned kerfloot was good for 40-45 pts , and kadri to me is a good player but I’m not as sold as most people are with him , had 2 30 goal seasons prior playing on a top 6 role I think? With all the ppl time with that stacked of a team? I mean I can see him easily going to Colorado and getting 45-50 pts which is basically kerfloots numbers 

I just don’t get this move at all 

28 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

They gotta sign ceci to like 5 mill and marner ... nylander has to be gone lol , they have 11 mill left which will go to marner , numbers don’t add up 

That's not including Horton's $5.3M. Once he's placed on LTIR they should be well under the cap, even after signing Marner and Ceci.

23 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

Ceci re-signed shortly after being traded for 4.5.

Damn, was hoping for a worse day for the Leafs

Link? I didn't think he signed yet... 

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think it was about getting a really good shutdown centerman to play behind MacKinnon. They had no depth at center and now, in theory, they have an outstanding one-two punch at center.

35 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

That's not including Horton's $5.3M. Once he's placed on LTIR they should be well under the cap, even after signing Marner and Ceci.

Link? I didn't think he signed yet... 

Good call, missed that , ya I think I heard ceci for 4.5 

still in a tight situation for the leafs , also have to resign kerfloot ...who’s the 3c now? No idea what these guys are gonna do , maybe end up moving a kapanen or johsson in the end 

we’ll see what they do

I just realized spezza can be a 3c but probably better 4

Edited by nyqvististhefuture