• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Is Dubas trying to 'limit' how much $$$ Marner gets by signing others before him?

I understand the need to add some depth to their roster (especially on D), but after everything is said, and done - will Dubas even have $9 million to offer?

Their roster, aside from signing Marner, should pretty much be set now, with 14 forwards, 7 defensemen and 2 goaltenders. So yeah, I think they'll be able to get a deal done with the remaining $9.5M.

14 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Alex - I'll take an offer sheet for $10.5 million...

I'd love to see a team do this. Not the Wings though...

13 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Rivers Cuomo of Hockey is doing a pretty good job for the Leafs right now. Credit where it's due. 

Yeah, I hate to say it, but the moves Dubas has made this summer have been phenomenal. Assuming he gets Marner signed before training camp, he gets an A+.

They lost Kadri and Marleau and picked up Kerfoot and Spezza, so that's a small hit to their offense. They lost Zaitsev and picked up Ceci and Barrie, so that should be a big boost to their defense. All while saving money to sign their RFA's...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Their roster, aside from signing Marner, should pretty much be set now, with 14 forwards, 7 defensemen and 2 goaltenders. So yeah, I think they'll be able to get a deal done with the remaining $9.5M.

I'd love to see a team do this. Not the Wings though...

Yeah, I hate to say it, but the moves Dubas has made this summer have been phenomenal. Assuming he gets Marner signed before training camp, he gets an A+.

They lost Kadri and Marleau and picked up Kerfoot and Spezza, so that's a small hit to their offense. They lost Zaitsev and picked up Ceci and Barrie, so that should be a big boost to their defense. All while saving money to sign their RFA's...

A guy on HF boards made a good point...Apparently both Hyman, and Dermott will be out for some time, and will start the season on LTIR...That'll open up approx $3.1 million to spend.

So...I'm guessing Dubas can offer $10 to $11 million per season to Marner, but that'll probably mean Dubas will have to move a roster player, and/or keep the injured guys on LTIR for a significant portion of the season.

Edited by F.Michael

7 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

A guy on HF boards made a good point...Apparently both Hyman, and Dermott will be out for some time, and will start the season on LTIR...That'll open up approx $3.1 million to spend.

So...I'm guessing Dubas can offer $10 to $11 million per season to Marner, but that'll probably mean Dubas will have to move a roster player, and/or keep the injured guys on LTIR for a significant portion of the season.

How long will they be out for ? And do they have replacements yet? I still think they’d have to move a roster spot 

I don’t know if any contending teams have any room but I’d love to see someone offer a 12.5 x5 deal so the leafs get f***ed and either have four likely late firsts or have Matthews and mariners contracts both end at the same time with the possibility they can both walk or lose one in 5 

actually colorado comes of mind right away , they could do it with all that cap space and mackinnon locked in cheap for like 3-4  more years , I’d totally go for it if I were Colorado ... I’d be like I thought about it for a second and I didnt like that we had to pay 50% off barrie as well , too bad so sad Kyle 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Their offense didn't need any help. I'm expectning Nylander being back to business next season aswell. Defense was the flaw last season and I am not sure Dubas fixed that. The loss of Kadri(despite his flaws and sometimes boneheaded actions) will be felt. Kerfoot is not as good.

And I don't think they upgraded the d-corps. Hot take: Gardiner is equally as good as Barrie and Ceci is just as bad as Zaitsev.

Dubas should get credit for getting 50% off on Barrie though. That's just mystifying.

It will all come down to if Dubas can get Marner signed long term or not. a 5-year contract will really put pressure on the Laffs to win the cup soon. Like right now.

21 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Their offense didn't need any help. I'm expectning Nylander being back to business next season aswell. Defense was the flaw last season and I am not sure Dubas fixed that. The loss of Kadri(despite his flaws and sometimes boneheaded actions) will be felt. Kerfoot is not as good.

And I don't think they upgraded the d-corps. Hot take: Gardiner is equally as good as Barrie and Ceci is just as bad as Zaitsev.

Dubas should get credit for getting 50% off on Barrie though. That's just mystifying.

It will all come down to if Dubas can get Marner signed long term or not. a 5-year contract will really put pressure on the Laffs to win the cup soon. Like right now.

Yah, im sure that came with a handshake agreement for future help.  Sakic has a STACKED team now that will be ok capwise for 3-4 more years.  But around 2023, Colorado will be facing decisions similar to what the Leafs are going through right now.  Dont be surprised if Dubas repays the favor a few years down the road.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Trouba does end up going to arbitration, isn't it a max of a one or two year contract? 

Trouba to Detroit 2020...

One year max. 

Although there are some speculation that a deal is already agreed upon but NYR management asked Trouba’s camp to file for arbitration so that theey get a second buy out window. 

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Trouba does end up going to arbitration, isn't it a max of a one or two year contract? 

Trouba to Detroit 2020...

I was just about to post, this is definitely good news for us!

34 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Wow so Trouba literally will become UFA next season if he wants to? Why does NYR need a 2nd buyout window?

Easy way to get some cap space, I guess. They got 8 m left for Trouba and Deangelo with only 12 forwards on the roster.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Wow so Trouba literally will become UFA next season if he wants to? Why does NYR need a 2nd buyout window?

Well not for sure, it could be a negotiation tactic on Trouba's side. Tatar did the same thing before signing a long term deal with us a couple years ago.

16 hours ago, kliq said:

Well not for sure, it could be a negotiation tactic on Trouba's side. Tatar did the same thing before signing a long term deal with us a couple years ago.

This is what I was thinking. Would speed up negotiations. 

On 7/5/2019 at 3:39 PM, Akakabuto said:

Easy way to get some cap space, I guess. They got 8 m left for Trouba and Deangelo with only 12 forwards on the roster.

I'm pretty ignorant on buyout windows. Is there a substantial benefit to obtaining a 2nd one? Honestly when is the buyout window? I have no idea.

On 7/5/2019 at 4:24 PM, kliq said:

17 hours ago, amato said:

This is what I was thinking. Would speed up negotiations. 

4D chess?

Part of me hopes this is Jacob Trouba desperately trying to claw his way to us in FA next year. Another part of me thinks this is a player who is a big money guy / mercenary and doesn't care where he plays, and he has a ruthless agent in front of him.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm pretty ignorant on buyout windows. Is there a substantial benefit to obtaining a 2nd one? Honestly when is the buyout window? I have no idea.

I think the idea is that if a player files for arbitration and gets rewarded with contract the club can't afford the club gets a second buy-out window to be cap complient . Not sure when the window opens.  

I don’t know why the hawks would do this but they dealt jokiharju for Alex nylander after passing on byram as well , must really like Lucas carlsson (who I wanted badly yrs ago) just can’t see them dealing him for boqvist and beaudin alone, vlasic is a more defensive dman 

not a fan of this move for the hawks 

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I don’t know why the hawks would do this but they dealt jokiharju for Alex nylander after passing on byram as well , must really like Lucas carlsson (who I wanted badly yrs ago) just can’t see them dealing him for boqvist and beaudin alone, vlasic is a more defensive dman 

not a fan of this move for the hawks 

I'm a huge fan of this move for the Hawks... as a Wings fan...

Watch Nylander have the same sort of resurgence as Strome though. He is still a highly skill prospect, with a ton of potential. This could still end up being a very good trade for Chicago.

26 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm a huge fan of this move for the Hawks... as a Wings fan...

Watch Nylander have the same sort of resurgence as Strome though. He is still a highly skill prospect, with a ton of potential. This could still end up being a very good trade for Chicago.

It’s possible , I don’t like the move think jokiharju is better personally ... but I’m guessing now ristolainen is available for a trade and will be dealt soon, it’s too bad we’re in the same division with buffalo 

Unless dahlin doesn’t have to be protected ?

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ryan dzingel to carolina 2 years at only 6,75 mill ... sounds really low to me , I’d have signed him to a higher cap hit for one year and shipped him for picks at the deadline 

canes owner must love that contact lol

For a second, I thought you meant per year and was so confused. :P 

But yeah, solid signing for sure at 2 years, 6.75 total. 

58 minutes ago, amato said:

For a second, I thought you meant per year and was so confused. :P 

But yeah, solid signing for sure at 2 years, 6.75 total. 

This would have been a much better addition for us than a retread in Fil...

2 years, cheap, tradeable, young enough to potentially mesh with our core, has some upside and is a veteran.

But we added a 35 year old clone of a player we already have.

13 minutes ago, mackel said:

2 years, cheap, tradeable, young enough to potentially mesh with our core, has some upside and is a veteran.

Wings needed a stop-gap center. Can Dzingle play center? No? Then why are we comparing these two players? #grumypants

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

13 minutes ago, mackel said:

Not victory, Mackel.

The shroud of the Old Side has fallen.

Begun, the clone war has.

1 hour ago, mackel said:

I'd love to have him over Filp, but there's been no indication that he wanted to sign here. 

Sounds like he wanted to go to a playoff team: