• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ryan dzingel to carolina 2 years at only 6,75 mill ... sounds really low to me , I’d have signed him to a higher cap hit for one year and shipped him for picks at the deadline 

canes owner must love that contact lol

Maybe he did not want to come to Detroit. Especially if he thought he would be traded in less than a year.  This may sound surprising, but NHL players, along with wanting to win a Cup, usually want a bit of stability in their lives, so he went for the 2 years and probably won't get traded in February.

There are a lot of these UFA's that I would loved to have had here, especially since we have plenty of cap to give them a fat check, but they just don't want to come here (yet) and especially for a year and get traded to who knows where in a lessor time frame. That is the beauty of be unrestricted, you can go wherever you want for whatever amount of money and length you want.  Even Flip got a Full NTC through January 2021, then can submit an 8 team no-trade list, but seriously, who is going to want a 37 year old Filppula when it's all said and done? Not any contender I can think of.  He is just what he was described as, a stop gap center, basically to allow Veleno to develop for two season's.

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Maybe he did not want to come to Detroit. Especially if he thought he would be traded in less than a year.  This may sound surprising, but NHL players, along with wanting to win a Cup, usually want a bit of stability in their lives, so he went for the 2 years and probably won't get traded in February.

There are a lot of these UFA's that I would loved to have had here, especially since we have plenty of cap to give them a fat check, but they just don't want to come here (yet) and especially for a year and get traded to who knows where in a lessor time frame. That is the beauty of be unrestricted, you can go wherever you want for whatever amount of money and length you want.  Even Flip got a Full NTC through January 2021, then can submit an 8 team no-trade list, but seriously, who is going to want a 37 year old Filppula when it's all said and done? Not any contender I can think of.  He is just what he was described as, a stop gap center, basically to allow Veleno to develop for two season's.

If we’d have offered him 4.5-5 mill for one year he’d have come 100% and try and get a bigger contract next year , I just would have done it if I were the gm to possibly land a 2nd and 3rd type return at the deadline , he just fetched 2 2nds 

yes I’m well aware nobody wants to come here which is why I want to get as many picks as possible ,and I do think if we overpaid someone like dzingel he would of came. Jake Gardner seems teams are scared off from his back and if I had to guess he’s probably looking at offered as high as 6 mill x3 maybe , maybe he’d take 1 x 8 and try and prove he’s worth the big deal and that’s something I would do again only to land as many top picks for the draft as possible , I know it won’t happen but that’s something I’d look into as of right now outside Jake Gardner I don’t recall anyone else worth even looking at 

filppula got a no trade clause ??? LOL ffs man 

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

That's some A1 bulletin board material for any team he snubbed. What a Dzingus.

What's he supposed to say??? "I misjudged the market and had to sign the best contract I could get... unfortunately it's in a hockey backwater for 2 years and 1 million less than I wanted"

Just now, mackel said:

What's he supposed to say??? "I misjudged the market and had to sign the best contract I could get... unfortunately it's in a hockey backwater for 2 years and 1 million less than I wanted"

Wouldn’t that be refreshing. 

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/rumblings-of-a-big-trade-between-the-sabres-and-red-wings?fbclid=IwAR3_aOoUt06VSJxHcjxa9X7RyLuyfKPyyktF3PAg7v1AbU22-ClXqxfekPA

Uhhhhhh, no.  

Talk about a tale of 2 players going different directions.  No way we cough up Mantha right now for Risto.  I would LOVE to see us get Risto, but that asking price is absurd.  Rasmussen and a 2nd.  Thats best and final.

34 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/rumblings-of-a-big-trade-between-the-sabres-and-red-wings?fbclid=IwAR3_aOoUt06VSJxHcjxa9X7RyLuyfKPyyktF3PAg7v1AbU22-ClXqxfekPA

Uhhhhhh, no.  

Talk about a tale of 2 players going different directions.  No way we cough up Mantha right now for Risto.  I would LOVE to see us get Risto, but that asking price is absurd.  Rasmussen and a 2nd.  Thats best and final.

No way should a team that lacks goal scoring part with their best goal scorer... Mantha isn't going anywhere. Definitely not for Ristolainen. We have much bigger needs than another right-handed defenseman...

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Uhhhhhh, no. 

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

No way should a team that lacks goal scoring part with their best goal scorer... Mantha isn't going anywhere. Definitely not for Ristolainen. We have much bigger needs than another right-handed defenseman...

I'm not super-familiar with Ristolainen; if I didn't see his name in the rumor mill every week, I'm not sure I'd even know he exists. That being said, his basic stats don't seem to be especially tantalizing...

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/r/ristora01.html

Basically, he's been good for between 41-45 points, with roughly two-thirds of those points being potted on the power play. He finished 2017-18 with a -25 rating and finished this past season @ -45. (Woof!) Granted, that's while logging huge minutes (26:30 and 24:38, respectively) on bad Sabres teams. But our team is similarly bad, so...lateral move at best?

I'd ask my pro scouts how much of pre-Sharks Brent Burns they see in him.

Edited by Dabura

1 hour ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

Waiting to see how this rumor devolves into trading AA. I'm not familiar with Ristolainen but we need a high end defenseman...I trust in Stevie Y to make a good deal.

This.

Yzerman will be damn sure he's getting a good deal, and not get crazy-stoopid like some GMs (Chiarelli). 

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

I'm not super-familiar with Ristolainen; if I didn't see his name in the rumor mill every week, I'm not sure I'd even know he exists. That being said, his basic stats don't seem to be especially tantalizing...

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/r/ristora01.html

Basically, he's been good for between 41-45 points, with roughly two-thirds of those points being potted on the power play. He finished 2017-18 with a -25 rating and finished this past season @ -45. (Woof!) Granted, that's while logging huge minutes (26:30 and 24:38, respectively) on bad Sabres teams. But our team is similarly bad, so...lateral move at best?

I'd ask my pro scouts how much of pre-Sharks Brent Burns they see in him.

This doesn't even really have much to do with Ristolainen for me. There aren't many defensemen in the league I'd trade Mantha for right now. I still think he's only scratched the surface. I could easily see him flirt with 40 goals over the next few seasons (as early as next season). I wouldn't be against acquiring Ristolainen, I just wouldn't even consider trading Mantha right now. I mean sure, if they offer the other Rasmus, I'd do it, but not for this Rasmus...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

This doesn't even really have much to do with Ristolainen for me. There aren't many defensemen in the league I'd trade Mantha for right now. I still think he's only scratched the surface. I could easily see him flirt with 40 goals over the next few seasons (as early as next season). I wouldn't be against acquiring Ristolainen, I just wouldn't even consider trading Mantha right now. I mean sure, if they offer the other Rasmus, I'd do it, but not for this Rasmus...

U R such a Mantha hypeboy. There are at least 20 NHL defensemen I would trade Mantha in order to acquire. 

42 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

AA?     No.......

at most, Mantha is our 3rd best scorer behind Larkin and AA. The guy had a great WC, But can he translate that into the NHL. We'll see.

Mantha has the best goals per game rate (at the NHL level so far in their careers) of all three of them. 

Mantha = 68 goals in 217 games = 0.313 

AA = 73 goals in 248 games = 0.294 

Larkin = 88 goals in 318 games = 0.277

He has been great at the NHL level. We've already seen. 

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Would you trade AA for him? I dont know much about Ristolainen TBH.

I wouldn´t even think about trading Mantha, he will be a force for years to come, AA can create something out of nothing, he had a good year, but if there is a question of whom of the two, I would definetly trade AA before Mantha.

But to be honest, I think we shouldn´t part with any of them. I remember an interview with Dylan Larkin, a few months after he came in where he said, that it would be great to lead the team back to a contender with AA and Mantha, that the three have the chance to build something special and the day he said it, I somehow believed in his words. Give the team one more year of development, growth from within and stop thinking about overpaid free agents or trading core players.

Our pipelines are refilled, promising prospects are on the way. There was a strech of 15-20 games, where we were one of the best teams in the league and hopefully this year we don´t have as many injuries as last year.

And with all these ifs and should and would we will have a good season and hopefully are at least close to the playoffs. Get a few extra picks at deadline day and with all our extra picks trade for the missing pieces.

17 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Uhhhhhh, no.  

This is merely Friedman speculating on the type of return the Sabres would want. Not what is being said.

8 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

U R such a Mantha hypeboy. There are at least 20 NHL defensemen I would trade Mantha in order to acquire. 

Cool. There are probably about 10 for me. None of the teams of those defensemen would trade them though, so what's the point? Why trade away your best goal scorer to fill one hole and create another? There also aren't many defensemen in the league I'd trade Larkin for right now. I guess I'm a Larkin "hypeboy" too...

8 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

AA?     No.......

at most, Mantha is our 3rd best scorer behind Larkin and AA. The guy had a great WC, But can he translate that into the NHL. We'll see.

Nope. Mantha is our best goal scorer. He's been the better goal scorer in junior (CHL), minors (AHL) and pro (NHL). What makes you think Athanasiou or Larkin are better goal scorers? 

6 hours ago, kliq said:

Would you trade AA for him? I dont know much about Ristolainen TBH.

Nah, I wouldn't. I just don't see the point in acquiring another right-handed defenseman right now. Our top two young defensemen (Seider and Hronek) are both right-handed. We lack goal scoring and Athanasiou is another guy that can put the puck in the net.

There's no way Buffalo or Dallas would trade Dahlin or Heiskanen, but if we could somehow acquire a defenseman like that, I'd obviously do it.

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Cool. There are probably about 10 for me. None of the teams of those defensemen would trade them though, so what's the point? Why trade away your best goal scorer to fill one hole and create another? There also aren't many defensemen in the league I'd trade Larkin for right now. I guess I'm a Larkin "hypeboy" too...

Nope. Mantha is our best goal scorer. He's been the better goal scorer in junior (CHL), minors (AHL) and pro (NHL). What makes you think Athanasiou or Larkin are better goal scorers? 

Nah, I wouldn't. I just don't see the point in acquiring another right-handed defenseman right now. Our top two young defensemen (Seider and Hronek) are both right-handed. We lack goal scoring and Athanasiou is another guy that can put the puck in the net.

There's no way Buffalo or Dallas would trade Dahlin or Heiskanen, but if we could somehow acquire a defenseman like that, I'd obviously do it.

Id say Larkin and AA are or best scorers right now only because they can drive the scoring themselves.  Mantha is a pure winger and needs a good centerman.  Center >> Winger in terms of value.

Jim Devellano tells us so!

Doesn't matter what I think, Larkn, AA and Mantha are our core up front. That could even be a top 5 #1 line in the NHL if they all played together.  I am not trading AA or Mantha, especially for a player who is NOT a slam dunk #1 D.  Trading either of these two for Ristoleinen would be a step back into the hole.  But, IMO, and this is just my opinion, if a #1 D was available and they wanted either Mantha or AA, my first choice would be Mantha.  But then again, we will see which one becomes a pissy holdout (if either (AA has already been a small issue)) and then my opinion may change.  If AA pulls garbage, then he goes.  I don't have any patience for RFA's that do that.

18 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Id say Larkin and AA are or best scorers right now only because they can drive the scoring themselves.  Mantha is a pure winger and needs a good centerman.  Center >> Winger in terms of value.

What does any of this have to do with actually putting the puck in the net? Mantha is our best goal scorer. There's no two ways about it. Yes, center > winger, so in terms of overall value, Larkin > Mantha and Athanasiou. 

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Jim Devellano tells us so!

Doesn't matter what I think, Larkn, AA and Mantha are our core up front. That could even be a top 5 #1 line in the NHL if they all played together.  I am not trading AA or Mantha, especially for a player who is NOT a slam dunk #1 D.  Trading either of these two for Ristoleinen would be a step back into the hole.  But, IMO, and this is just my opinion, if a #1 D was available and they wanted either Mantha or AA, my first choice would be Mantha.  But then again, we will see which one becomes a pissy holdout (if either (AA has already been a small issue)) and then my opinion may change.  If AA pulls garbage, then he goes.  I don't have any patience for RFA's that do that.

I agree that we shouldn't trade either right now, unless it's a deal we can't refuse. Those types of deals don't come along very often. Regarding which player you'd be willing to trade first, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think the majority of Red Wings fans would trade Athanasiou first, as well as Red Wings management. I also think general managers across the league would be asking about Mantha before Athanasiou. Hypothetically, if it came down to one or the other in a package for a top pair defenseman it would be AA for me every time. It's not going to happen though, so it's a moot point.