• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

25 minutes ago, xault said:

Someone smarter explain how TOR appears to be allowed to be 10+mil over the cap? Can they really go into the season over the cap that much?

https://www.capfriendly.com/

I don´t think they can start the season like that, because if I have read the CBA correctly they are only allowed to be 10% over the upper limit of $81.5M which would be $89.65M. They have a ~$94M cap hit, so either I´m misinformed or they have to do something to be cap complaint.

edit: https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

must have something to do with performance bonusses...

Edited by ely s

1 hour ago, ely s said:

I don´t think they can start the season like that, because if I have read the CBA correctly they are only allowed to be 10% over the upper limit of $81.5M which would be $89.65M. They have a ~$94M cap hit, so either I´m misinformed or they have to do something to be cap complaint.

edit: https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

must have something to do with performance bonusses...

I believe some of those players who are listed, and currently counted against the cap may get sent down to the Marlies thus freeing up additional cap space, but I've been wrong before...If Dubas is still in trouble - a roster spot may have to get moved.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

I believe some of those players who are listed, and currently counted against the cap may get sent down to the Marlies thus freeing up additional cap space, but I've been wrong before...If Dubas is still in trouble - a roster spot may have to get moved.

if they send all LTIR to the marlies they will get a cap relief of ~$4M(1 mill each) that has them close to the cap, seems as a possibility. I don´t really know all possible options and at the end of the day I don´t care, because next year they will have serious trouble to assemble a proper d-corps. Next season the retained salary of Barrie will come on top, so Dubas has to be really creative then.

35 minutes ago, ely s said:

if they send all LTIR to the marlies they will get a cap relief of ~$4M(1 mill each) that has them close to the cap, seems as a possibility. I don´t really know all possible options and at the end of the day I don´t care, because next year they will have serious trouble to assemble a proper d-corps. Next season the retained salary of Barrie will come on top, so Dubas has to be really creative then.

Indeed.

Leaf Nation may rejoice today, but there's certainly no guarantee of them getting past the 1st round (again), and next season will be an eye opener for those who don't realize that 3 of the top 4 of their current D corps will probably not be there...In other words it's 2020 or bust.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:59 PM, nyqvististhefuture said:

Of course firsts,seconds can bust just like a 27 yr old kid from Russia with 0 nhl experience can, you can talk about sure things but there aren’t any ... will the wings make the playoffs with gusev? Answer is easily no , we sign him for two years he walks or goes back to khl and berggren is 21 , ya great solid move .... not saying I wouldn’t move him but it sure as hell wouldn’t be for a 27 yr old khl guy , I’d much rather go for a younger played 18-23 range preferably a dman but with svechnikovs injury history and not being impressed by Rasmussen this far I’d rather keep berggren to go along with zadina and veleno for the future 

yes people follow it but im sure people in hockey don’t solely count on that to make decisions ,I’m sure there have been plenty of people with favourable numbers who dissapoined , fact is he hasn’t played a game in the league which is a far superior league so far all we know he can go off and get 25-30 pts 

ryan dzingel ? Easy hard no , there’s a reason he’s not signed yet ... guy is 27 and just recently had back to back 20 goals and stumbled horribly at the end of the season with Columbus so I’m not gonna go ahead and sign him for 4-5 years at like 5 per let alone trade away a top prospect , I know we suck right now but it feels like everyone is trying to fast forward this s*** storm were in when none of these guys will make us get in the playoffs or help us accomplish anything but falling 10-15 pts out of a playoff spot 

A 27 yr old could be on your roster spot but he can also be gone pretty quick, if we’re gonna start targeting  guys just cause the put up points in foreign leagues might as well look at the shl or nla leagues 

Panarin came here as a 24 yr old kid and was one of the more dominating players in the game I’m not gonna say a 31 yr old from Russia would come here and take the league by storm , if he was truly this great player Vegas would have found a way to play him would they not? 

Anyways it’s cool we have a difference of opinion you like the guy more than I do ... would I take a flyer on him? Sure , if we took in like clarksons contract and did them a favour or/and gave them back their 3rd pick type deal ... I’ve seen you boost up mcisaac , pretty sure you wouldnt trade him would you? Why not ?berggren was picked she’s of him , sure you’d say he’s a dman and we need dmen on this roster and yes that’s true but we also have a bunch of new dmen in the pipeline now

anyways I just don’t think it’s a smart move to trade a piece like berggren unless it’s for a younger core guy that can grow up with the team and take us towards the future with hopefully some good results 

As opposed to you who wants to get in the playoffs and get bounced every year first round

gettinginandgoingnowhereisjustsomuchfun

Have you had a chance to watch Gusev with NJD yet?

Pretty f***in good...