• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

32 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

IDK you keep saying it, despite no one asking or seemingly caring.

Gusev is 27. He could be with NJD for another 8+ years.

Do you think NJD overpaid for Gusev?

You keep mentioning gusev even though I don’t care about him 

Who gives a crap what I would have paid in a trade for gusev? We’re a rebuilding team going nowhere for at least a few years ... have you seen our d ? 

Devils are ahead of us so good on them for adding him , they’ve also added pk,hughes,simmonds,vatanen ... we added kaski and Nemeth 

again I don’t care about gusev , I’m gusev’d out 

46 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Who gives a crap what I would have paid in a trade for gusev? We’re a rebuilding team going nowhere for at least a few years ... have you seen our d ? 

Devils are ahead of us so good on them for adding him , they’ve also added pk,hughes,simmonds,vatanen ... we added kaski and Nemeth 

So do you think NJD overpaid for him?

41 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I'll say one last thing and then I'll drop it...

Yes we're rebuilding, but that shouldn't matter. The Devils bought low on a premium asset. Even if it doesn't work out for Gusev in New Jersey, I'll bet that trade works out for the Devils.

Worst case scenario, he doesn't live up to expectations, and is a decent middle six winger. They trade him at next year's trade deadline for what they gave up to acquire him. Best case scenario, he exceeds expectations, and is a top line scoring winger that they can either extend long term, or trade for a much higher return than they gave up to acquire him.

This was a great trade for New Jersey and would have been a great trade for any team, whether they were a Cup contender or rebuilding team.

That's it. I'm done...

Gusev was, at the very least, what u hope ur getting with a 2nd round pick. If I have to choose between Gusev and a kid who, statistically speaking, will never be as good as Gusev already is, then I would make the trade. The likelihood ur getting a kid who turns out to be better than Gusev with that pick is much lower.

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Gusev was, at the very least, what u hope ur getting with a 2nd round pick. If I have to choose between Gusev and a kid who, statistically speaking, will never be as good as Gusev already is, then I would make the trade. The likelihood ur getting a kid who turns out to be better than Gusev with that pick is much lower.

Don't bring logic into this...

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Hey man, if you're content to live in a world without 15 people playing Reign in Blood on bagpipes in a Panera Bread, more power to you. Me personally, I'm not. I believe we can and must do better. Not just for ourselves, but for our children, and for our children's children.

I wanted to learn bag pipes this summer so I could play them in an upcoming wedding. But quality pipes are like hundreds of dollars. I was shocked that essentially a picnic blanket with recorders stick out of it was so much. Oh well I guess.

34 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Gusev with 3 pts through 3 preseason games so far (2G, 1A) playing about 13 min each game.

#GusevIsTheFuture

Bowey 3 pts through 2 games so far (1g ,2a) 

#boweyisthefuture

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Bowey 3 pts through 2 games so far (1g ,2a) 

#boweyisthefuture

Bowey is already 24. He's not gonna be around when this rebuild ends. How many times do I have say this, I have my eyes on the future not just the now.

Now Samuel Bolduc, that's the type of young player we should be talking about.

19 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Bowey is already 24. He's not gonna be around when this rebuild ends. How many times do I have say this, I have my eyes on the future not just the now.

Still thinking short-term with your fixation on adults. #Peoplewhoalreadyexististhepast #Condomstapledtoalistofpickuplinesisthefuture

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

But gusev is 27 and almost dead , how can he be futures?

bolduc isn’t on the level of aliaksei protos 

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

When you buy someone who’s dying you’ve always overpaid 

I don't think so. He probably has at the very least 8 years of hockey in front of him, and his translation factor puts him at about 50 to 60 pts on the season. A 1st line winger. Those usually go for more than a 2nd a 3rd.

Next your gonna say Wayne Simmonds is a top 6 forward :lol:

56 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't think so. He probably has at the very least 8 years of hockey in front of him, and his translation factor puts him at about 50 to 60 pts on the season. A 1st line winger. Those usually go for more than a 2nd a 3rd.

Next your gonna say Wayne Simmonds is a top 6 forward :lol:

Either way you look at it he’s dying and He’s playing on the 2nd line 

simmonds is going downhill but as of now he is playing with hughes and gusev so he will play games on the top 6 this season and maybe he gets lucky and rebounds his career before he dies  in the khl with his new buddy 

17 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Either way you look at it he’s dying and He’s playing on the 2nd line 

simmonds is going downhill but as of now he is playing with hughes and gusev so he will play games on the top 6 this season and maybe he gets lucky and rebounds his career before he dies  in the khl with his new buddy 

We're all dying Steve.

Which is least worth a 2nd rounder, Gusev or Simmonds?