• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

The cost of buying into UFA years is obviously high.

For that kind of money he should have gotten more years. 2 UFA years of Mitch. He can walk in his prime and sign another huge contract wherever he wants. Same for Matthews but only one year of UFA. Congratz Coyotes. 

13 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

For that kind of money he should have gotten more years. 2 UFA years of Mitch. He can walk in his prime and sign another huge contract wherever he wants. Same for Matthews but only one year of UFA. Congratz Coyotes. 

Silly Goose. Les Coyotes seront à Québec, domicile des Nordiques. Tu penses vraiment que Matthews veut jouer là-bas?

image.png.212fd95b02c64354649107a72b8b9424.png

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

don’t like this trade for saint Louis , just won the cup why in a rush to trade bokk

Gives them more scoring punch on the back end, eases some of that pressure off of Pietrangelo and Parayko, possibly boosts forward scoring.

Makes sense that they'd make a big move like this if all it costs is a few whatever pieces. They just won a Cup (against pretty much All The Odds) and I'm sure they realize that they captured lightning in a bottle and that teams will be scouting them harder than ever and that they'll need to bring something new to the table if they want to repeat.

I'm kinda disappointed we couldn't take Bokk off their hands. Was hoping we'd start collecting all the German Pokemanz. Alas...

Maybe this increases Green's trade deadline value, if only by a bit. One less right-shooting veteran offensive defenseman on the market.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Gives them more scoring punch on the back end, eases some of that pressure off of Pietrangelo and Parayko, possibly boosts forward scoring.

Makes sense that they'd make a big move like this if all it costs is a few whatever pieces. They just won a Cup (against pretty much All The Odds) and I'm sure they realize that they captured lightning in a bottle and that teams will be scouting them harder than ever and that they'll need to bring something new to the table if they want to repeat.

I'm kinda disappointed we couldn't take Bokk off their hands. Was hoping we'd start collecting all the German Pokemanz. Alas...

Maybe this increases Green's trade deadline value, if only by a bit. One less right-shooting veteran offensive defenseman on the market.

I know he’d be a superstar on our back end cause our d Corp is bottom 5 but Faulk ain’t bringing much scoring punch .. 30-35 pts , and when the deal will end he’ll be 36/37 and I suspect they’ll regret it 

Last I recall edmundson was a solid dman with nice size and bokk was a really good prospect , yes I know his future is uncertain but I just remember really good things about him

i suspect this deal has more to do with pietrangelo being a Ufa and them not sure on whether he’ll be back or not and getting themselves an assurance piece for the back end. Anyways yet again this is another solid move by Carolina imo and they keep getting better and better with a very solid prospect group. 

I can see them moving Hamilton or pesce within 12 months for a forward piece

your right about the deadline, didn’t think of that but we’d have to hope beyond hope he finally stays healthy when the trade deadline approaches and hope he has a very solid offensive season,blues got Faulk locked up longterm so I  doubt we’d get back a top prospect though but hopefully a late 1st , it’s too bad he has a ntc or I’d offer him to the jets right now for a conditional first +3rd type move , with all the missing pieces on the back end and byfuglien maybe gone I’m sure they’d consider it 

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

FWIW: 

34 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I know he’d be a superstar on our back end cause our d Corp is bottom 5 but Faulk ain’t bringing much scoring punch .. 30-35 pts ,

I think your expectations for a D-man are to high. Those stats Kip posted tell me he will definitely bring a scoring punch to any team. We are not talking a guy who is past his prime here.

6 minutes ago, kliq said:

I think your expectations for a D-man are to high. Those stats Kip posted tell me he will definitely bring a scoring punch to any team. We are not talking a guy who is past his prime here.

He’s a good Dman but for me a star Dman imo consistently puts up 50-65 pts at least and plays a ton , not 32 pts yearly ... hronek was on pace for that last year and he’s 21 which gives me hope he can be a near 50 pt guy some day 

didn’t say faulks past his prime but his offensive production doesn’t excite me,sure he’d be a top guy here but  I’m sure there’s a lot of dmen near the 30 pt mark 

I'm not convinced Bokk is anything special. And if he doesn't make it in the NHL as a top6er this trade is pretty much retarded on Carolinas part.

> Trade De Haan
> Trade Hanafin
> Trade Faulk
> Wants to trade Hamilton

Canes are a joke and will always be bad.

If they needed the money they should never have taken on Marleau. If they needed the money they should have bought out TVR. If they needed the money why did they take on an overpaid Edmundson.

STL just got a lot better

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm not convinced Bokk is anything special. And if he doesn't make it in the NHL as a top6er this trade is pretty much retarded on Carolinas part.

> Trade De Haan
> Trade Hanafin
> Trade Faulk
> Wants to trade Hamilton

If they needed the money they should never have taken on Marleau. If they needed the money they should have bought out TVR. If they needed the money why did they take on an overpaid Edmundson.

STL just got a lot better

Surprise surprise we disagree , Actually like them think they basically replaced Faulk with Gardner for cheaper money and less term with basically same production offensively and have a top 4 of pesce Slavin Gardner hamilton Which basically destroys ours , although he doesn’t put up much pts edmundson  is a solid dman with size + Jake bean coming 

aho,Svechnikov,necas,niederreiter,teravainen,Staal + deep prospect pool ... I think Carolina is an up and coming team and I think they can actually win their division this season with a very solid top 3 line and top 4 d Corp 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

29 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Surprise surprise we disagree , Actually like them think they basically replaced Faulk with Gardner for cheaper money and less term with basically same production offensively and have a top 4 of pesce Slavin Gardner hamilton Which basically destroys ours , although he doesn’t put up much pts edmundson  is a solid dman with size + Jake bean coming 

aho,Svechnikov,necas,niederreiter,teravainen,Staal + deep prospect pool ... I think Carolina is an up and coming team and I think they can actually win their division this season with a very solid top 3 line and top 4 d Corp 

I... I... I agree... :lol:

Canes have one of the best D corps in the league, and have a ton of skill up front.

A line of Svechnikov - Aho - Necas could be filthy in a year or two. Teravainen is unreal too. They also have a ton of high end prospects coming and just had one of, if not the strongest drafts this past June.

They play an up tempo, hard forechecking style of game. I think they're going to be very good this season, and maybe even a legit contender in the next few seasons.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Carolina is always up n coming. They will trade Hamilton, then in a few they will be looking to move Slavin, but it's always ok because prospect X is there to replace them. The needle never moves and joke team cycle goes on.

If Bokk doesn't make the NHL they traded Faulk for Edmundson which is an astoundingly awful move. That's like them trading us Faulk for Nemeth.

27 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I... I... I agree... :lol:

Canes have one of the best D corps in the league, and have a ton of skill up front.

A line of Svechnikov - Aho - Necas could be filthy in a year or two. Teravainen is unreal too. They also have a ton of high end prospects coming and just had one of, if not the strongest drafts this past June.

They play an up tempo, hard forechecking style of game. I think they're going to be very good this season, and maybe even a legit contender in the next few seasons.

Their defense just got worse and their net is still trash.

They'll make the playoffs and make no significant impact.

Talks of moving this team will return in good time.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He’s a good Dman but for me a star Dman imo consistently puts up 50-65 pts at least and plays a ton , not 32 pts yearly ... hronek was on pace for that last year and he’s 21 which gives me hope he can be a near 50 pt guy some day 

didn’t say faulks past his prime but his offensive production doesn’t excite me,sure he’d be a top guy here but  I’m sure there’s a lot of dmen near the 30 pt mark 

Ok, he's not a 50-65 guy, but to be fair, last year only 13 guys were. He's not elite, Ill give you that. 

5 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I know he’d be a superstar on our back end cause our d Corp is bottom 5 but Faulk ain’t bringing much scoring punch .. 30-35 pts , and when the deal will end he’ll be 36/37 and I suspect they’ll regret it 

Last I recall edmundson was a solid dman with nice size and bokk was a really good prospect , yes I know his future is uncertain but I just remember really good things about him

i suspect this deal has more to do with pietrangelo being a Ufa and them not sure on whether he’ll be back or not and getting themselves an assurance piece for the back end. Anyways yet again this is another solid move by Carolina imo and they keep getting better and better with a very solid prospect group. 

I can see them moving Hamilton or pesce within 12 months for a forward piece

your right about the deadline, didn’t think of that but we’d have to hope beyond hope he finally stays healthy when the trade deadline approaches and hope he has a very solid offensive season,blues got Faulk locked up longterm so I  doubt we’d get back a top prospect though but hopefully a late 1st , it’s too bad he has a ntc or I’d offer him to the jets right now for a conditional first +3rd type move , with all the missing pieces on the back end and byfuglien maybe gone I’m sure they’d consider it 

I do think the term on the deal is...well, if I'm a Blues fan I'm not super-thrilled about it. But I'm sure management is thinking short-term not long-term. In the here & now, this looks like a really good add. Faulk isn't a superstar, but then, Ryan O'Reilly and Alex Pietrangelo and Brayden Schenn and Jordan Binnington weren't superstars.

Speaking of Pietrangelo...I mean, I'd love to see us get a shot at wooing him, but I fully expect him to stay in St. Louis. They'll find a way to pay him whatever he wants.

As for Green...yeah, I'm not expecting a big return, assuming he even gets traded.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Carolina is always up n coming. They will trade Hamilton, then in a few they will be looking to move Slavin, but it's always ok because prospect X is there to replace them. The needle never moves and joke team cycle goes on.

If Bokk doesn't make the NHL they traded Faulk for Edmundson which is an astoundingly awful move. That's like them trading us Faulk for Nemeth.

Their defense just got worse and their net is still trash.

It’s not an easy league to win , forgot all the times the wings had success and failed before s*** turned for us? Is Carolina and every other failed team suppose to just fold up and move to the ahl now ?they have a much better team and overall prospect pool than us I’ll tell you that 

Let them trade hamilton , I personally think he sucks ... they moved Faulk cause they didn’t wanna give him a 7 yr extension at almost 7 mill per and got Gardner at 4 mill x3 , I’d have done the same. Edmundson doesn’t put up the pts but he’s a solid dman + bokk is a good prospect for a guy they weren’t going to keep Anyways , it’s a good trade in my eyes ... blues made this move I suspect as an insurance incase pietrangelo bails 

Don’t worry about carolina’s D corp getting worse(theyre Just Fine ) worry about our s***ty d 

1 hour ago, kliq said:

Ok, he's not a 50-65 guy, but to be fair, last year only 13 guys were. He's not elite, Ill give you that. 

He’s not s*** just think there’s like 50 guys capable of being around the 30 pts mark and he’s one of them , I’d much rather have hronek right now going forward let’s say and I’d have not signed him to 7 years at almost 7 ... time will tell if the blues regret the deal , I think they will