• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I've never heard of that... As far as I know, that's not how it works... The last place team can claim 7 players off waivers as long as they don't exceed the 50-man roster limit. At least that's how I think it works...

You're right. No queue. My bad. 

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

If serious... You're dumb.

If completely joking, poking fun at what other dumb fans have said of Holland over the years... I agree. Yzerman has done things very similarly to the way Holland has done things in the past, and probably would have done things this off-season. That's not a bad thing though. The Red Wings were the most successful organization in the league under Holland's tenure. Yzerman learned a lot from Holland, but I do think he will do things a little differently going forward.

Sending Seider to Grand Rapids was the right decision. Same goes for Rasmussen, Veleno, Zadina and Svechnikov. They can all use a little more seasoning in the minors for different reasons. Rasmussen and Veleno need to learn how to play center against grown men (pro's). Zadina needs to get his confidence back. Svechnikov needs to get back up to speed after missing a full season. Seider needs time to get used to North American ice. This, on top of what I mentioned in another thread... This team shouldn't be in any rush to win now. No need to rush, and potentially stunt the development of any of these top prospects. The amount of dead weight on this roster is frustration, but stop gaps for one more season I think will prove to be a good thing for the development of the kids...

Completely serious.

Yzerman is running this team no different than Holland. Why? Cause Yzerman and Holland weren't and aren't the ones calling the shots. Chris has his stick n carrot out in front of Jim, Jim in turn has his stick and carrot out in front of Steve. Steve is just a face. An old treasure that fans won't critique, allowing Chris and Jim to continue their grand schemes without an uproar from the customers. If the exact same moves had been made by Holland this year this board would be a s*** show of whining and FIRE everyone. But everyone's in the sweet glow of the captains honey moon. Not me. Sending our best Dman to the minors is dumb. In the modern NHL young guys play early. Poor Seider is gonna lose important playing years because Yzerman is a heckin good boi who refuses to buck the system. Seider should be on this team GD it. 

Sending Seider down was predictable though. I rather see Daley or E sit so he can stay up with the team as well, but it's not much of a shocker. Yzerman has only been at the helm a few months, it seems a little premature to write him off. He did select Seider after all and just assuming Holland would have done likewise is dubious logic at best. You're frustrated...we all are, but Yzerman should get a couple years to right the ship.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Completely serious.

Yzerman is running this team no different than Holland. Why? Cause Yzerman and Holland weren't and aren't the ones calling the shots. Chris has his stick n carrot out in front of Jim, Jim in turn has his stick and carrot out in front of Steve. Steve is just a face. An old treasure that fans won't critique, allowing Chris and Jim to continue their grand schemes without an uproar from the customers. If the exact same moves had been made by Holland this year this board would be a s*** show of whining and FIRE everyone. But everyone's in the sweet glow of the captains honey moon. Not me. Sending our best Dman to the minors is dumb. In the modern NHL young guys play early. Poor Seider is gonna lose important playing years because Yzerman is a heckin good boi who refuses to buck the system. Seider should be on this team GD it. 

Okay, so what is "Chris and Jim's grand scheme"? To sabotage the entire organization? Purposefully make the team bad? I'm not following your line of thinking on this one...

A lot of Red Wings fans, myself included, were not happy with the moves made this summer. Whether it was Holland or Yzerman that made those moves, makes no difference to me. I don't believe for a second though, that Yzerman is going to continue adding old plugs beyond this season. We've gotten younger, and we'll continue to do so in the next couple seasons.

Seider looked really good in Development Camp / Training Camp / Pre-Season, but he wasn't perfect. He could use some seasoning in Grand Rapids, but I wouldn't rule him out of getting a look at some point this season. We're not seeing the over-ripening that we have in year's past. Every single one of these prospects that were sent down, could use a little more work in different areas of the game. We'll be fine. I hope you will be too...

42 minutes ago, solarion said:

Sending Seider down was predictable though. I rather see Daley or E sit so he can stay up with the team as well, but it's not much of a shocker. Yzerman has only been at the helm a few months, it seems a little premature to write him off. He did select Seider after all and just assuming Holland would have done likewise is dubious logic at best. You're frustrated...we all are, but Yzerman should get a couple years to right the ship.

Look at Yzerman's moves.

1. Reach with a 1st - Holland move
2. Draft a crap ton of Euros - Holland move
3. Sign crappy aging ex Red Wing - Holland move
4. Overpay forgettable Dman we don't need - Holland move
5. Acquire project player to stack the forward logjam - Holland move
6. Sink NHL ready Dman in minors - Holland move

Little Caesar, the mascot of our illustrious shadow government, is the invisible hand guiding this team. Yzerman has changed NOTHING. This is the same hand that drove this team into the ground, and it probably won't change until the team is sold.

FREE MORITZ SEIDER

41 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Okay, so what is "Chris and Jim's grand scheme"? To sabotage the entire organization? Purposefully make the team bad? I'm not following your line of thinking on this one...

Over-ripen prospects. Continue business as usual. When what we need is anything but what has been the "usual".

A lot of Red Wings fans, myself included, were not happy with the moves made this summer. Whether it was Holland or Yzerman that made those moves, makes no difference to me. I don't believe for a second though, that Yzerman is going to continue adding old plugs beyond this season. We've gotten younger, and we'll continue to do so in the next couple seasons.

Watch him re-sign Howard and Green. Watch him not acquire any significant draft picks. Watch no major trades happen. Watch him sign more Nemeths to replace Daley and Ericsson. Watch him sign another unknown European player with nothing to offer this team. That's about what we have to look forward to. Another Holland year, and many to come.

Seider looked really good in Development Camp / Training Camp / Pre-Season, but he wasn't perfect. He could use some seasoning in Grand Rapids, but I wouldn't rule him out of getting a look at some point this season. We're not seeing the over-ripening that we have in year's past. Every single one of these prospects that were sent down, could use a little more work in different areas of the game. We'll be fine. I hope you will be too...

Seider is more NHL ready than Danny Dekeyser is.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Look at Yzerman's moves.

Little Caesar, the mascot of our illustrious shadow government, is the invisible hand guiding this team. Yzerman has changed NOTHING. This is the same hand that drove this team into the ground, and it probably won't change until the team is sold.

FREE MORITZ SEIDER

Over-ripen prospects. Continue business as usual. When what we need is anything but what has been the "usual".

Watch him re-sign Howard and Green. Watch him not acquire any significant draft picks. Watch no major trades happen. Watch him sign more Nemeths to replace Daley and Ericsson. Watch him sign another unknown European player with nothing to offer this team. That's about what we have to look forward to. Another Holland year, and many to come.

I thought it was obvious to you that the tank is on? 

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Look at Yzerman's moves.

Are all of these things "Holland moves" though? Or are they "typical NHL general manager moves"?

1. He took his guy. It's ballsy and I like it. Probably because I also like the player. You said as much on draft day, and obviously think the same now.

2. More and more Euros are being drafted every year now. A lot of very skilled players over there.

3/4. Like I said, I wasn't a fan of the free agent signings, regardless of who made them.

5. Never a bad move to add depth for cheap.

6. Maybe Seider isn't quite NHL ready... Maybe he needs more development...

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Holland did a fantastic job the last year or two, when he finally admitted to himself and everyone else that the team needed to go through a proper rebuild. Yzerman is continuing on that same path. This is a good thing.

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He might re-sign Howard as a stop gap. Maybe, which wouldn't be a bad move. Green will be done after this season. He will make trades as long as other teams are willing to take on some of our old, broken down garbage. Like I said, we will continue to get younger. I highly doubt he signs any old players next free agency. Never a bad thing signing free agents from Europe. Even if they never play a single game in the NHL, it's depth for Grand Rapids.

18 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Seider is not competing for a spot with DeKeyser, and even if he was, I strongly disagree.

I'm honestly not even sure if you're actually serious about any of this... None of this aligns with your usual MO... Is "Mo" making you go crazy?

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I thought it was obvious to you that the tank is on? 

It is obvious. But I don't want to come out the gate tanking! At least give the team a chance to make a Cinderella run. At least give Seider his 9 games to start the season as a bare minimum.

Stevie is content to just tank and golf this season. Disappointing.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Are all of these things "Holland moves" though? Or are they "typical NHL general manager moves"?

1. He took his guy. It's ballsy and I like it. Probably because I also like the player. You said as much on draft day, and obviously think the same now.

2. More and more Euros are being drafted every year now. A lot of very skilled players over there.

3/4. Like I said, I wasn't a fan of the free agent signings, regardless of who made them.

5. Never a bad move to add depth for cheap.

6. Maybe Seider isn't quite NHL ready... Maybe he needs more development...

Holland did a fantastic job the last year or two, when he finally admitted to himself and everyone else that the team needed to go through a proper rebuild. Yzerman is continuing on that same path. This is a good thing.

He might re-sign Howard as a stop gap. Maybe, which wouldn't be a bad move. Green will be done after this season. He will make trades as long as other teams are willing to take on some of our old, broken down garbage. Like I said, we will continue to get younger. I highly doubt he signs any old players next free agency. Never a bad thing signing free agents from Europe. Even if they never play a single game in the NHL, it's depth for Grand Rapids.

Seider is not competing for a spot with DeKeyser, and even if he was, I strongly disagree.

I'm honestly not even sure if you're actually serious about any of this... None of this aligns with your usual MO... Is "Mo" making you go crazy?

Did we literally not have a Holland off-season? Am I that crazy? Cause that looks a heckuva lot like a typical Holland off-season.

Holland did a great job on his way out. But this all boils down to Seider getting sunk and how intellectually stunted Yzerman - and those who pull his strings - are.

You didn't think Yzerman would sign Fil or Nemeth... but he did.
You don't think Yzerman will re-sign Green... but he will, just wait.

Dekeyser is half the Dman Seider is. It's embarrassing honestly.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It is obvious. But I don't want to come out the gate tanking! At least give the team a chance to make a Cinderella run. At least give Seider his 9 games to start the season as a bare minimum.

Stevie is content to just tank and golf this season. Disappointing.

I'm not convinced you're being serious. But he'll get his 9 games at some point. 

Yzerman is def. taking a very Holland-like approach. A very conservative one. But I had zero issues with how Kenny was running shop the last 2 or 3 years so it would be hypocritical of me to rake Yzerman's ballz over the coals right now. 

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Did we literally not have a Holland off-season? Am I that crazy? Cause that looks a heckuva lot like a typical Holland off-season.

Holland did a great job on his way out. But this all boils down to Seider getting sunk and how intellectually stunted Yzerman - and those who pull his strings - are.

You didn't think Yzerman would sign Fil or Nemeth... but he did.
You don't think Yzerman will re-sign Green... but he will, just wait.

Dekeyser is half the Dman Seider is. It's embarrassing honestly.

Maybe he did have a "Holland off-season", but my point is, at this stage of the rebuild, I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. You're right though, if you had told me a few months ago that Yzerman was going to sign Filppula and Nemeth, I would have never believed you. I didn't see those moves coming at all. I think they were both unnecessary. I do see them as stop gaps though, and I don't think there will be a need for any more stop gaps after this season.

Next offseason, the goal should be to start moving some of the bad contracts, and bringing in the youth. Until then, I'm still going to watch every Wings game to see the growth of our young players of today, and watch a lot more Griffins games to see the development of our young players of tomorrow (so to speak)...

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'm not convinced you're being serious. But he'll get his 9 games at some point. 

Yzerman is def. taking a very Holland-like approach. A very conservative one. But I had zero issues with how Kenny was running shop the last 2 or 3 years so it would be hypocritical of me to rake Yzerman's ballz over the coals right now. 

I don't mind how the off-season has gone necessarily. There's just nothing fresh going on up there in the office. I don't mind tanking. I don't even mind signing Nemeth and Fil. But you start the season with your best players on the roster. In every scenario that should involve Seider. The first time you think about sending him to GR should be after those 9 games. How's Seider handling it? How's his play? How's the teams play? Than you sink him if you feel it wise.

The loser here is Seider. A more modern NHL team would be playing this kid.

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'm not convinced you're being serious.

Me neither... 

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't mind how the off-season has gone necessarily. There's just nothing fresh going on up there in the office. I don't mind tanking. I don't even mind signing Nemeth and Fil. But you start the season with your best players on the roster. In every scenario that should involve Seider. The first time you think about sending him to GR should be after those 9 games. How's Seider handling it? How's his play? How's the teams play? Than you sink him if you feel it wise.

I disagree with this. If we're giving Seider a 9 game look at some point this season, I'd much prefer it to be towards the end of the season. Let's see what he can do in a very strong American league. If he dominates (I don't think he will), then call him up. If he struggles (possible), it's better for him to struggle in GR than in DET...

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I agree that Seider should be on the team. 100%. But I've already accepted the 19-20 suck. As long as being in GRs doesn't hurt his development, I'm good. 

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Me neither... 

I disagree with this. If we're giving Seider a 9 game look at some point this season, I'd much prefer it to be towards the end of the season. Let's see what he can do in a very strong American league. If he dominates (I don't think he will), then call him up. If he struggles (possible), it's better for him to struggle in GR than in DET...

Seider is better than Hronek. There's no reason to wait. Yzerman will bring up Seider late in the season (when we've already screwed our playoff chances) and his star will shine so bright that fans will wonder why he wasn't here sooner.

******* Yzerman

31 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Look at Yzerman's moves.

FREE MORITZ SEIDER

1) It was a 6th. Yzerman reached for Seider. Would Holland have made the same decision? ...I don't know...neither of us do. Reducing it to a generic "reach" is a strawman. A strawman wasn't drafted 6th by Detroit. Moritz Seider was and Steve Yzerman is ultimately responsible for that decision. 

2) SY did draft a bunch of Euros with his first 11 picks as GM. Are you in some way displeased with his selections? I am not. 

3) I don't have an issue with the Filppula signing...it's only 2x$3m and he's still got some game. 

4) Presumably you're referring to Nemeth. Again it's a 2x$3m and the Wings have plenty of cap space. Not sure I get the point here.

5) 1 year of a 24yo @ $1.05m? That's really a big deal?

6) Agree that Seider is close to NHL ready, but he's only 18yo. Top line duty for the Griffins is hardly a sentence to the gulag and he may learn a lot being paired with...presumably Lashoff. Not seeing the problem.

1 minute ago, solarion said:

1) It was a 6th. Yzerman reached for Seider. Would Holland have made the same decision? ...I don't know...neither of us do. Reducing it to a generic "reach" is a strawman. A strawman wasn't drafted 6th by Detroit. Moritz Seider was and Steve Yzerman is ultimately responsible for that decision. 

2) SY did draft a bunch of Euros with his first 11 picks as GM. Are you in some way displeased with his selections? I am not. 

3) I don't have an issue with the Filppula signing...it's only 2x$3m and he's still got some game. 

4) Presumably you're referring to Nemeth. Again it's a 2x$3m and the Wings have plenty of cap space. Not sure I get the point here.

5) 1 year of a 24yo @ $1.05m? That's really a big deal?

6) Agree that Seider is close to NHL ready, but he's only 18yo. Top line duty for the Griffins is hardly a sentence to the gulag and he may learn a lot being paired with...presumably Lashoff. Not seeing the problem.

1. My point was that it was similar to Holland. Holland likes to reach for guys like Rasmussen and Bertuzzi, or trade down for guys like Mantha and Hronek. Yzerman did the exact same thing. Tried to trade down for a player he ended up reaching for. I give Yzerman (and the little C's pizza cabal) all the credit for the selection. I love the selection. NOW USE THE SELECTION.

2. Just like Holland.

3. Me either.

4. I don't have a problem with Nemeth. Seider is better thou.

6. 17 minutes a night in the NHL is better for him than 22 a night in GR. Change my mind.

1) It appears that Yzerman drafted a fantastic player. Again, neither of us have any idea if Holland would have drafted the same player. The last time Holland had a 6th round pick to work with, he chose Zadina. It wasn't a reach at all. You're not making sense. How can you say you love the pick and still bash Yzerman for making it? If you'd like to blame him for the things you dislike, that's fine, but he gets credit also for the things he's done that you do like. 

2) Yeah, they both like Euros. Yzerman thought those were the best uses of those selections. So far, I don't think he was wrong. This is the Red Wings after all...the last two captains were Euros and amazing players at that.

3) Except that it's "just like Holland". lol

4) Agree. Glad Seider is the guy with a 3 year ELC and not Nemeth. Thank you SY.

6) I don't know how much time TOI Seider would get in either case...and neither do you. In GR he's likely top dog, certainly top pairing. In Detroit he's probably 2nd or 3rd pairing at this point. I rather see him with the Wings too, but he's going to be up against the AHL's best, not scrubs, and he's going to see lots of North American ice. Fact is, the Wings aren't likely to sit a healthy E or Daley and I also want Bowey and Cholowski to get lots of time. This gets all that done. As I said, it's a predictable decision.

I could dig it if SY had signed Vanek to a 3 year deal. If he'd given Flip 4 - 5 years etc. He didn't. He hasn't done anything to handicap the Wings rebuild to my mind. His moves thus far have been very hands off. I'm not so sure Holland would have been as restrained with all that cap space...and I had nightmares about what Holland may have done with all the cap space the Wings will have next year this time. Stevie having it, doesn't bother me. He hasn't done anything dumb yet.

1 hour ago, solarion said:

1) It appears that Yzerman drafted a fantastic player. Again, neither of us have any idea if Holland would have drafted the same player. The last time Holland had a 6th round pick to work with, he chose Zadina. It wasn't a reach at all. You're not making sense. How can you say you love the pick and still bash Yzerman for making it? If you'd like to blame him for the things you dislike, that's fine, but he gets credit also for the things he's done that you do like. 

2) Yeah, they both like Euros. Yzerman thought those were the best uses of those selections. So far, I don't think he was wrong. This is the Red Wings after all...the last two captains were Euros and amazing players at that.

3) Except that it's "just like Holland". lol

4) Agree. Glad Seider is the guy with a 3 year ELC and not Nemeth. Thank you SY.

6) I don't know how much time TOI Seider would get in either case...and neither do you. In GR he's likely top dog, certainly top pairing. In Detroit he's probably 2nd or 3rd pairing at this point. I rather see him with the Wings too, but he's going to be up against the AHL's best, not scrubs, and he's going to see lots of North American ice. Fact is, the Wings aren't likely to sit a healthy E or Daley and I also want Bowey and Cholowski to get lots of time. This gets all that done. As I said, it's a predictable decision.

1) You're not following. I love Seider so much I'm mad that he is in the AHL. And I'm calling Yzerman an imbecile. Which he is. For that move.

2) You're making my point. The Red Wings were gonna draft Euros regardless of Yzerman's presence. Because Yzerman is just a soulless figurehead dancing like a marionette to the tune of Chris Illitch and Jim Devellano's strum.

3) What's your point? Mine is that Yzerman = Holland. Fil is more evidence of that, is it not?

4) Again, what's your point? Thank you Steve Yzerman for doing exactly what Holland would have done and overpay a useless Dman who steals a roster spot from a kid?

6) Bottom pairing Dmen play about 17 min night. 2nd pair play something like 18 to 20. Playing 22 min a night in the AHL is not a pro, it's a con. I agree with you that he could probably play 2nd pair and personally think he could go 20 min a night in the NHL. So why would you want that player in the AHL? Why waste his time pitting him against "top AHLers" like the elite Carter Verhaeghe when he's good enough to already play against NHL bottom 9 lines? Against bonafide NHL 2nd lines? You say the move is predictable. That's my whole point. Yzerman is doing the same old outdated predictable crap Holland did. Because this team is secretly run from behind closed doors by shadowy backward-thinking pizza merchants. 

1 hour ago, solarion said:

I could dig it if SY had signed Vanek to a 3 year deal. If he'd given Flip 4 - 5 years etc. He didn't. He hasn't done anything to handicap the Wings rebuild to my mind. His moves thus far have been very hands off. I'm not so sure Holland would have been as restrained with all that cap space...and I had nightmares about what Holland may have done with all the cap space the Wings will have next year this time. Stevie having it, doesn't bother me. He hasn't done anything dumb yet.

And I won't complain till he does... oh wait he just stuck the best Dman we have under contract in the AHL. Complain time.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1) ...but the only reason Seider could be put in the AHL by the Wings is because Yzerman drafted him! You can just assume Holland would have done likewise, but you'll never be able to prove it. What actually happened is Yzerman drafted an apparently great prospect and then sent him to the AHL because he thinks it will be best for him in the long run. Assuming nothing is changed after a GM change is convenient, but cannot be substantiated in any way. 

2) So you're saying Yzerman(Canadian) would ignore an equally or more talented US or Canadian born player to draft a less talented or equally talented Euro player? He's had 11 picks and the top pick was a Euro that we both like. Not only is the sample size tiny, but what picks did SY made that you dislike? Which non-Euros should he have taken and who should've remained undrafted by the Wings?

3) Fil is evidence that the Wings needed temporary depth at center(which they do). Fil is a known quantity on a short contract and a reasonable cap hit. Further, Fil is an Yzerman "guy" who will help, not hinder the development of the young guys. Yeah, he's a guy Holland too would have signed, because the signing makes sense. Now would Holland have signed him to 2 x 3m? I dunno. Holland often gave out more term than I thought he should have...Yzerman did not do that here.

4) Yzerman isn't Holland though. Yzerman didn't sign Gator, Helm, Daley, or Ericsson. He hasn't done anything wrong yet. Why doesn't he get credit for doing things you like(drafting Seider), but he gets run down for allegedly being "just like Holland" when he hasn't yet done anything silly like Holland did? If SY picks up Luke Schenn on waivers and then signs him next year to 3-5 years then I'll be right with you, but he's not going to do that...though I wouldn't have put it past Holland. Yzerman ≠ Holland based on the few decisions he has made to date as the GM of the Detroit Red Wings.

6) Again, I'd prefer Seider was with the Wings and not in GR, but it's a rational, reasonable, logical decision to send him to GR. Top pairing AHL duty is not going to harm his development, it's going to get him conditioned for more responsibility. There are more guys to consider here. Also again, I'd like Bowey and Cholowski to see as much ice as possible and this accomplishes that as well. It's a disappointing decision, but it's not a big deal...particularly when you consider the lack of durability of guys like Green, Daley, or E. Who's the first call up now when one of these guys inevitably get hurt? It ain't Cholowski or Mc Isaac. I expect Seider will be up with the Wings soon anyway, and if it's Seider or Cholowski now, I'd like it to be Seider, but Cholowski has earned that spot. It's not like they stuck Lashoff in that spot or something. Cholowski and Hronek have paid dues...Seider has not.

He also drafted the same Dman...still boggled as to why he doesn't get any credit for that.

2 hours ago, solarion said:

1) ...but the only reason Seider could be put in the AHL by the Wings is because Yzerman drafted him! You can just assume Holland would have done likewise, but you'll never be able to prove it. What actually happened is Yzerman drafted an apparently great prospect and then sent him to the AHL because he thinks it will be best for him in the long run. Assuming nothing is changed after a GM change is convenient, but cannot be substantiated in any way. 

2) So you're saying Yzerman(Canadian) would ignore an equally or more talented US or Canadian born player to draft a less talented or equally talented Euro player? He's had 11 picks and the top pick was a Euro that we both like. Not only is the sample size tiny, but what picks did SY made that you dislike? Which non-Euros should he have taken and who should've remained undrafted by the Wings?

3) Fil is evidence that the Wings needed temporary depth at center(which they do). Fil is a known quantity on a short contract and a reasonable cap hit. Further, Fil is an Yzerman "guy" who will help, not hinder the development of the young guys. Yeah, he's a guy Holland too would have signed, because the signing makes sense. Now would Holland have signed him to 2 x 3m? I dunno. Holland often gave out more term than I thought he should have...Yzerman did not do that here.

4) Yzerman isn't Holland though. Yzerman didn't sign Gator, Helm, Daley, or Ericsson. He hasn't done anything wrong yet. Why doesn't he get credit for doing things you like(drafting Seider), but he gets run down for allegedly being "just like Holland" when he hasn't yet done anything silly like Holland did? If SY picks up Luke Schenn on waivers and then signs him next year to 3-5 years then I'll be right with you, but he's not going to do that...though I wouldn't have put it past Holland. Yzerman ≠ Holland based on the few decisions he has made to date as the GM of the Detroit Red Wings.

6) Again, I'd prefer Seider was with the Wings and not in GR, but it's a rational, reasonable, logical decision to send him to GR. Top pairing AHL duty is not going to harm his development, it's going to get him conditioned for more responsibility. There are more guys to consider here. Also again, I'd like Bowey and Cholowski to see as much ice as possible and this accomplishes that as well. It's a disappointing decision, but it's not a big deal...particularly when you consider the lack of durability of guys like Green, Daley, or E. Who's the first call up now when one of these guys inevitably get hurt? It ain't Cholowski or Mc Isaac. I expect Seider will be up with the Wings soon anyway, and if it's Seider or Cholowski now, I'd like it to be Seider, but Cholowski has earned that spot. It's not like they stuck Lashoff in that spot or something. Cholowski and Hronek have paid dues...Seider has not.

He also drafted the same Dman...still boggled as to why he doesn't get any credit for that.

1) Semantics

2) Straw men and semantics. I'm saying the Little C's shadow government controlling Yzerman is going to take lots of Euros regardless of who is GM. Probably because of the many tentacles and strings we have in Europe.

3) Semantics

4) I think the point your failing to notice is I don't necessarily think "being just like Holland" is a bad thing. I'm a Holland fan generally. I'm mad because Yzerman made his first mistake and demoted Seider. WHICH WILL BE PROVEN TO BE A MISTAKE. And I will pettily rub it in all your Yzerman butt kissing faces when it is. Yzerman's moves have been shockingly similar to Hollands. Even those who disagree with me acknowledge that much... Not sure why you can't or refuse to see it.

6) You're insufferable. I've given Yzerman credit for drafting Seider. Loads of it. I think you missed most of the summer on this board. I've also acknowledged it in our conversation, but by all means continue on with the whataboutism. Seider is vastly far ahead of a number of players in our D core. Bowey and Cholo included. Yzerman is ruining this player already. FIRE YZERMAN FREE SEIDER.