• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

2) Straw men and semantics. I'm saying the Little C's shadow government controlling Yzerman is going to take lots of Euros regardless of who is GM. Probably because of the many tentacles and strings we have in Europe.

I don't think that Devellano and Illitch are controlling SY at all. Yzerman was there when KH was GM. If there was any puppeteering going on Steve would have witnessed it. I cant see him leaving a job where he had free reign and built a contender to manage a team that was needing a rebuild and handcuffing their GM. Doesnt make sense for him to do that.

Poor Holland. Keeps a premier franchise at the top of the standings for more then a decade, winning multiple cups. A legendary feat. Then when the window is closing, the men behind the pizza box demand he goes for more cups anyway. So he dances like a good monkey for them and runs the team into the ground. Then when the pizza vendors finally come to the harsh reality the team is ruined, they finally allow him to rebuild it. Two solid years of masterful rebuilding later and they demote him in a PR move to quell the kvetching of the fans. The good soldier cast aside the moment the sexy Yzerman becomes available. Pathetic and sad really. And where is Jimmy D? Still plotting and scheming, pulling the levers to bolster pizza profits. Makes me sick.

16 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I don't think that Devellano and Illitch are controlling SY at all. Yzerman was there when KH was GM. If there was any puppeteering going on Steve would have witnessed it. I cant see him leaving a job where he had free reign and built a contender to manage a team that was needing a rebuild and handcuffing their GM. Doesnt make sense for him to do that.

I don't think Yzerman is a liar. I think he returned for family. He was away in Florida all the time away from them, burning himself out running an entire organization on his own. Now he gets to return home and relax in a cushy job where he gets to spend more time with family, get all the praise from fans while Jimmy D runs all the schemes, and remain immune to criticism because of his history with the team. He's a perfect front man really. A perfect mouth piece.

The man on the right, that's the guy running this team.

121815-NHL-red-wings-holland-devellano-s

You're insufferable. I've given Yzerman credit for drafting Seider. Loads of it. I think you missed most of the summer on this board.

I guess I missed it with all the "Yzerman is an imbecile" talk. I'm an insufferable sock puppet anyway, hardly needed during the summer doldrums. 

4) I think the point your failing to notice is I don't necessarily think "being just like Holland" is a bad thing. I'm a Holland fan generally. I'm mad because Yzerman made his first mistake and demoted Seider. WHICH WILL BE PROVEN TO BE A MISTAKE. And I will pettily rub it in all your Yzerman butt kissing faces when it is. Yzerman's moves have been shockingly similar to Hollands. Even those who disagree with me acknowledge that much... Not sure why you can't or refuse to see it.

I remember back before it was officially announced I said that anyone who thought Yzerman was going to be a big change from Holland was going to be disappointed. I didnt agree with the Nemeth or Flip signings either, but I certainly wasnt surprised by it.

6) You're insufferable. I've given Yzerman credit for drafting Seider. Loads of it. I think you missed most of the summer on this board. I've also acknowledged it in our conversation, but by all means continue on with the whataboutism. Seider is vastly far ahead of a number of players in our D core. Bowey and Cholo included. Yzerman is ruining this player already. FIRE YZERMAN FREE SEIDER.

You've turned into Leftwinger, LOL.

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I remember back before it was officially announced I said that anyone who thought Yzerman was going to be a big change from Holland was going to be disappointed. I didnt agree with the Nemeth or Flip signings either, but I certainly wasnt surprised by it.

Uncalled for. 

37 minutes ago, solarion said:

I guess I missed it with all the "Yzerman is an imbecile" talk. I'm an insufferable sock puppet anyway, hardly needed during the summer doldrums. 

Doesn't take a genius to realize Seider is the best Dman on this team.

23 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Here me out. I'm gonna metaphor this with Star Wars.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... it was 1982 in Detroit. Enter Chancellor Palpatine (Jim Devellano). Through long years of clever scheming and crafty plotting he is able to build up his clone army of Red Wings to a force capable of conquering the entire galaxy. And after 15 years of this they do. It's 1997 and the Red Wings have taken over it all and founded the beginnings of a dynastic empire. Now at the height of his power, Darth Devellano, makes another wise decision. He takes an apprentice. Enter a young Anakin Skywalker (Ken Holland). He entrusts his mighty new empire to his capable young apprentice, and slips quietly into the shadows, where he can pull the levers in secret, insulating himself away from the critical eyes of fans and media. Darth Holland is a dutiful and loyal apprentice, strong in the ways of the hype, and runs the day to day of the empire with a capable and Iron fist.  But wait, after constant years of fighting off pitiful rebel scum around the league the Red Wings and Darth Holland have become weakened. A short time later Darth Devellano discovers a new - more powerful - apprentice on a far away planet in the outer rim known as Florida. Devellano seizes his opportunity and supplants the old with the new. Enter Luke Skywalker (Darth Yzerman). Like Holland before him he is trained in the ways of the Red Wings and is even stronger in the ways of the hype. Darth Devellano with a cackle returns to the shadows, as he begins to rebuild his glorious empire.

Alternate ending where Luke joins Sidious I know. But my theory explains why nothing has changed with Yzerman. Darth Devellano all along. May the hype be with you.

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Uncalled for. 

No worries, I took it as a compliment.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Uncalled for. 

Oh come on. Replace Yzerman with Holland and I am sure there are numerous posts in here from you saying basically the same thing

The exact same things CRL is criticizing SY for is exactly the same things u criticized KH about for years.

And his over-the-top tone is very similar to the good ol Lefty posts. Dont pretend like u didnt do that too.

Actually I'm kind of glad. I missed those posts. With Holland gone, you're posts are less frequent and more level headed. Boring.

Real news. I just read that HC Lausanne (Swiss league) defeated the Flyers lol. I travel to Lausanne usually once a year and have friends and colleagues there. I will be writing some congratulatory emails in the morning. I called the Flyers my dark horse team this year too. Whoops! Hart got scored out of the net with 4 goals in like 20 some minutes. The curse of Philly tendys lives on.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

50 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Real news. I just read that HC Lausanne (Swiss league) defeated the Flyers lol. I travel to Lausanne usually once a year and have friends and colleagues there. I will be writing some congratulatory emails in the morning. I called the Flyers my dark horse team this year too. Whoops! Hart got scored out of the net with 4 goals in like 20 some minutes. The curse of Philly tendys lives on.

Emdog scored a goal against the Flyers in that game I believe.

Jurco had a pretty decent pre-season with 3 goals, 2 assists in 4 games. He got bumped up to the top line with McDavid and Neal in the last game and is practicing with them now. It looks like he will get an opportunity to play with the best player in the world, at least to start the season.

I know it's only pre-season and Ty f***ing Rattie had 11 points in the same number of games last pre-season, but I hope Jurco can keep it up, and carve out a decent career for himself in Edmonton. The skill is there. I'm just not so sure about the will...

9 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Oh come on. Replace Yzerman with Holland and I am sure there are numerous posts in here from you saying basically the same thing

The exact same things CRL is criticizing SY for is exactly the same things u criticized KH about for years.

And his over-the-top tone is very similar to the good ol Lefty posts. Dont pretend like u didnt do that too.

Actually I'm kind of glad. I missed those posts. With Holland gone, you're posts are less frequent and more level headed. Boring.

a long time ago. But that's cool.

Honestly, there are only a few things that I would like the see different right now:

replace one of Ehn/DeLaRose with Smith

I'd love for Yzerman to claim Ho-Sang off the waiver wire

Replace Daley with Kaski

Replace Bernier with Pickard

I'm not too upset with the kids going to GR.  Veleno, Svech, Zadina and Ras will get much better with the time down there. (hopefully)

I'm ok with Abby, Nielsen, Helm etc...still being here,we aren't in cap hell, so ATM their caps aren't hurting us. I'd sure like to see some deals this TDL though!

I'd like to add to this list.  I just read that Nashville waived Steve Santini yesterday as well! I'd love for him to be in our organization too!

Ho-Sand and Santini off waivers please! They can got to GR for all I care, but to just have them in our organization would be great!  We're gonna need the extra D-man next season when E, Daley and Green are all GONE!

If Yzerman to make these pick-ups, then we would know he means business and is in it!

Edited by LeftWinger

38 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

a long time ago. But that's cool.

Honestly, there are only a few things that I would like the see different right now:

I'd love for Yzerman to claim Ho-Sang off the waiver wire

Replace Daley with Kaski

I'm not too upset with the kids going to GR.  Veleno, Svech, Zadina and Ras will get much better with the time down there. (hopefully)

I'm ok with Abby, Nielsen, Helm etc...still being here,we aren't in cap hell, so ATM their caps aren't hurting us. I'd sure like to see some deals this TDL though!

I'd like to add to this list.  I just read that Nashville waived Steve Santini yesterday as well! I'd love for him to be in our organization too!

Ho-Sand and Santini off waivers please! They can got to GR for all I care, but to just have them in our organization would be great!  We're gonna need the extra D-man next season when E, Daley and Green are all GONE!

If Yzerman to make these pick-ups, then we would know he means business and is in it!

Bring back Lefty!

17 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ehn and de la Rose should be the 13th and 14th forwards, and only play in a pinch (game day injury).

18 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Replace Daley with Kaski

Daley should be the 7th defenseman, and only play in a pinch (game day injury).
I'd prefer Bowey over Kaski though...

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Pickard had one great pre-season game. That doesn't make him better than Bernier. Bernier is a solid backup, and the least of this team's concerns...

22 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ho-Sand and Santini off waivers please! They can got to GR for all I care, but to just have them in our organization would be great!  We're gonna need the extra D next season.

Why would we want Santini? He's a plug.
Hronek / Seider / Bowey / Kaski / Lindstrom >>>>> Santini

I'd prefer Sprong over Ho-Sang, but yeah, either would be a low-risk, med-reward signing...

Also, any player that is claimed off waivers must remain with the (NHL) team for X amount of games / days (not sure on the exact number). You cannot claim a player and immediately send them to the minors...

19 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Also, any player that is claimed off waivers must remain with the (NHL) team for X amount of games / days (not sure on the exact number). You cannot claim a player and immediately send them to the minors...

I'd be fine with keeping Ho Sang for the minimum games.  Ehn has waiver eiligibilty. DLR, Smith and HS can be the 12th/13th/14th guys.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Many teams are up against the 50 man roster limit. Could be a trade in the works now, but IDK I think both these guys are duds.

Not a single team is at the 50-man roster limit. Only three are close at 49 (PIT, TBL, OTT). We currently have 47/50. You always want to have a spot or two open for these types of situations and / or College / European free agents. However, every single team could afford to take on one of these players, and not a single team did. I guess that's kind of telling that maybe these guys are duds...

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Not a single team is at the 50-man roster limit. Only three are close at 49 (PIT, TBL, OTT). We currently have 47/50. You always want to have a spot or two open for these types of situations and / or College / European free agents. However, every single team could afford to take on one of these players, and not a single team did. I guess that's kind of telling that maybe these guys are duds...

So they're just duds like I said