• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

38 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I remember the hazing from when I was a younger lad. Some of it is definitely all in good fun and brings a team together. But some of the stuff we did was also super messed up in retrospect. I think the problem is it's sucha superrrrr fine line, and it can get crossed superrrrr easily. The group think and pressure to conform makes people act in ways and do things you would never dream of in a vacuum. I don't know what the solution there is. Boys will be boys?

Another major issue is how much that that line changes from person to person

On 11/27/2019 at 8:52 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So four things

1. Ron Francis is now the GM of Seattle. I hope the drama spills over to him and he gets canned b4 his job even starts.

2. Rod The Bod was apparently witness to a lot of Peters actions. Wonder what's to become of him...

3. This all explains why Dundon was doing player interviews personally and chose to gut that entire franchise when he bought it

4. Peters still not fired in Calgary 

You don't like Francis?

On 11/27/2019 at 11:40 AM, Akakabuto said:

So the Sutters made the rookie kids dress up as women and drink? 

Reading the replies on Twitter - many are sorta harsh towards Carcillo with regards to former players being 'forced'...I agree that they weren't 'forced' - although probably coerced, and possibly facing scrutiny by the team if one didn't participate.

Guys, i'm not sure how much more clear we can be on this. No politics on this board, ever. No American, Canadian, or International politics. This is the final warning on this, I will start handing out moderations in the future for any more violations. I'm confident the people who are discussing politics on here, that have been around here for a while, are very aware that it's against the rules here. Stop doing it, stop posting about it, keep it related to the NHL and hockey. 

Politics have no place on LGW, anywhere on this forum. There's thousands of other places on the internet to discuss politics on. 

I ain't even gonna ask. If Matt hasn't said anything by now, he's not going to say anything. That's his right, I guess. Whatevz.

Having a Discord is good. It's not a long-term replacement for this place, but it gives us a non-HF place to congregate and scheme.

So I'ma cherish this place until it finally goes under. Could be tomorrow. Could be two years from now. Could be never.

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I ain't even gonna ask. If Matt hasn't said anything by now, he's not going to say anything. That's his right, I guess. Whatevz.

Having a Discord is good. It's not a long-term replacement for this place, but it gives us a non-HF place to congregate and scheme.

So I'ma cherish this place until it finally goes under. Could be tomorrow. Could be two years from now. Could be never.

For anyone not already in the discord, here is the invite: https://discord.gg/hQJDfW

I recommend joining ASAP, as discord invites expire after about a day or two. All you have to do is enter your email and you'll be in. It's basically just a chatroom, but like Dabs said, it's a place we can all go to say WTF when LGW is down.

EDIT: if you're reading this in the future, PM me and I'll send you a new discord invite.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

So um, Zaitsev is on film abducting his own children from his ex-wife in Russia? He had buddies with him who helped restrain her.

Couple things on this:

• I see people online talking about domestic violence (probably cause of Voynov) but that doesn't look like the case to me. Looks like purely abduction.
  • Folks are saying it's because he didn't want to pay her alimony anymore, but I don't buy this personally, abducting children does not cancel your alimony payments
  • The Sens approved his leave of absence to miss games and return to Russia, so they probably know the back story of what is actually going on
  • There is an unconfirmed rumor out there that the ex-wifes father was up to his ears in debt to a Russian "business man" and because of this took his own life recently. That "business man" may now be after Zaitsev's ex-wife for the debt owed. So this may all just be Zaitsev going to Russia to remove his kids from a potentially dangerous situation. Again, this is all unconfirmed thou.
  • Zaitsev was not arrested by Russian police for the "abduction" and was allowed to leave the country and return to Canada where he is now
  • No one knows where the kdis are now (besides Zaitsev obviously)

Oi I got ahead of myself, Milstein just tweeted this:

Story about ex wife (Russian)

"Hockey player of the NHL club “Ottawa Senators” Nikita Zaitsev accused his ex-wife Margarita of cheating. He took the children. The hockey player’s father handed over 360 videos and stated that they prove the girl’s betrayal and unsuitable living conditions for children: Margarita’s lover is allegedly using drugs in the footage.

The Zaitsev family is trying to prove that children are better off living with them, and not with Margarita. They handed over to the police a video shot in the girl’s apartment. As Igor Zaitsev said, in the video you can hear the child crying when he has a fever, but the mother screams back and roughly pulls the girl out of the chair, and then sends her to the bathroom. On the other videos, the hockey player’s father points out, Margarita is captured with her lover: he is allegedly using drugs right in the apartment. The frames provided by Zaitsev are published for the first time by 360.

“The children lived with him (with Nikita Zaitsev - approx. Ed.) And with us (with parents of Zaitsev - approx. Ed.), She just walked, cheated. Before the trial, she needed children, so she took the children. She wants child support, ”the hockey player’s father explained to 360.

According to Igor Zaitsev, when they took the children, the girls were in the arms of outside women - a lawyer and a nanny. Margarita herself filmed everything that happens on the phone.

Earlier, the girl announced that Zaitsev, along with her father and friends, had kept her near the house and attacked when she left the entrance with a nanny and two daughters. After the attack, Margarita claims, Zaitsev returned to Canada. Where are the daughters, she does not know. She also stated that the nanny of the girls received an ear injury.

“We have children, the police are constantly checking here. They lived here all their lives, went to the garden here, they are assigned to the hospital here. In the end, they are registered here with us, their mother did not register with her, ”said Zaitsev.

The attack was first reported in late November. Zaitsev missed the National Hockey League match and flew to Moscow. The father of the athlete explained that law enforcement officers are now understanding the conflict.

Margarita and Nikita Zaitsev got married in 2015, a year later their first daughter was born. After moving to Toronto, they got another girl. In 2019, it became known that the Zaitsevs decided to divorce."

So seems more like the story is:

• Zaitsev's wife cheated on him
  • Divorce
  • She kept the kids to get alimony
  • She's not taking proper care of the kids and using drugs in front of the kids
  • Zaitsev removed his kids

Whirlwind story this morning, and of course fans overeacted and dragged him thru the mud for the "attack"

On 12/7/2019 at 3:05 PM, Dabura said:

50% of Russian women are indescribably wonderful. The other 50% are the spawn of Satan. There is no in between. Find yourself one of the former, stay the f*** away from the latter.

Sounds like this comes from experience...

Coaches and GM's will be forced into Soviet re-education camps per esteemed commissar Gary Bettman

I'm being semi-sarcastic obviously, but how long before this gets abused?

Basically the Red Wings from 2005 to 2015 would be punished "severely"

28 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

All the bald coaches are getting fired (except Babcock with his golden flo.)

Anyway, point being, when does our resident cue ball's head roll? 

I think the earliest possible would be day 1 of the end of the regular season. Everyone knows it's a sacrificial season, so no need to fire Blash prior. But Steve may want "his guy" in the room so they can start planning next years season as early as this spring.