• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So last week, Montgomery did a playful interview on a radio station, but some ppl are pointing out that he sounded like he was buzzed/hammered through the whole thing.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ticket-top-10/monty-on-monty

Maybe the guys an alcoholic

Would he not have access to some sort of assistance program like Bobby Ryan? 

19 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hockey is hereby CANCELLED until the happenings subside

Everyone log off right now

I want to go back to golden times when fringe loser NHL coaches can screw and punch and say whatever they want. I don't know if I can cope with a league that has no Bill Peters or Jim Montgomery's in it. 

13 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I want to go back to golden times when fringe loser NHL coaches can screw and punch and say whatever they want. I don't know if I can cope with a league that has no Bill Peters or Jim Montgomery's in it. 

This is why I only watch KHL games. Peters is gonna be a legendary coach over there. 

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Sports betting? Illegal dog fighting? Sign stealing? Slept with Nill's wife? 

Pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/11/26/nhl-looking-into-repugnant-allegations-racism-concerning-calgary-flames-coach/

Peters physically hit one of his players (Michael Jordan) while coaching in Carolina, which was confirmed by Rod BrindAmour. 

The racist remarks allegation came from Akim Aliu when Peters was his coach in the AHL. Peters referred to the rap music he was listening to as "N- music". This was, in fact, verified by 2 other players who were in the locker room. ( this last part I was unaware of).

Nevertheless, the idea that the NHL is requiring "diversity" training for ALL coaches and GMs because ONE Head Coach used the N-word 10 years ago and has already been disciplined for it, is totally unnecessary. And it's a fake gesture, designed to appease the outrage of the overly- offended.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

19 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Coaches and GM's will be forced into Soviet re-education camps per esteemed commissar Gary Bettman

I'm being semi-sarcastic obviously, but how long before this gets abused?

Basically the Red Wings from 2005 to 2015 would be punished "severely"

So you walk into your office this morning and discover that Gary from marketing has been let go. Turns out he posted the N-word on Facebook 10 years ago, and Janice from accounting found it over the weekend. Zero tolerance means he had to be fired. Man lost his job, and possibly his career, serves him right... End of story, right?

Wrong. You and all your colleagues - who, like most normal ppl, hold no racist beliefs - must now undergo sensitivity training. "Goddammit Gary!"

So the first week of every September the company now carts you off to Holier Than Thou Social Justice Company Inc where they tell you "It's not cool to be a racist dick". You already knew that but ok... You get your free lunch and go back to work to catch up on the things you're now behind on because you were wasting business hours being punished for Gary's actions. And boss-man writes a fat check to Holier Than Thou Social Justice Company Inc for giving you that totally galaxy-brained lip service.

What did you gain? Do you think differently now? You don't feel different. Boss-man says it's still necessary though cause it's "Good PR" he then proceeds to pat himself on the back for single-handedly ending racism...

I am happy that the Red Wings have remained for the most part out of the limelight on all this nonsense. Always makes me proud to be a fan of an organization that keeps things classy and stays out of the media with unnecessary bull s***. Mike Babcock was mean to Franzen b4 anyone knew Franzen was having serious mental troubles, so there's that. But otherwise our noses seem to be clean. Furthermore, the Red Wings seemingly have never had any problem with having players from different backgrounds. We were deep into Soviet Russia and Europe b4 most teams. We have players who are white, black, or brown, doesn't matter. But for some reason, Yzerman and Blashill are now going to be forced to undergo diversity and inclusion training once a year because Bill Peters from the Calgary Flames said the N-word in the AHL 10 years ago. That's bull s***.

There is always going to be a 1% who say something stupid at work and/or hold screwy beliefs. Fire them and move on. I thought that was the time-tested and proven formula for dealing with these issues. Punishing the 99% of normal folks for Peters actions is beyond stupid and just a PR move by the league to prove to their select brain-deficient fans that hockey totally isn't racist anymore...

If 54 year old Steve Yzerman actually holds racist beliefs after all these years, then I'm sorry to tell you Mr. Bettman, but a training seminar once a year ain't gonna change him.

Furthermore, the anonymous tip line is completely potato brained as well. Every time Torts loses his head and goes off on one of his players is the NHL gonna get anonymous tips from butthurt players that Torts is a meanie? What are they gonna do with that info? Call Kekalainen and tell him he has to fire his coach? Do nothing? What if they get an anonymous tip that Torts said the N-word and Torts denies it with no other evidence? Demand his firing? Do nothing? What's to stop Franzen from making something up and anonymously reporting it to get Babs fired?

Congratulations we have now entered the era of walking on egg shells style coaching, unless the NHL is completely hollow in their promises, but in that case then whats the point of all this BS if only for show?

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

27 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So you walk into your office this morning and discover that Gary from marketing has been let go. Turns out he posted the N-word on Facebook 10 years ago, and Janice from accounting found it over the weekend. Zero tolerance means he had to be fired. Man lost his job, and possibly his career, serves him right... End of story, right?

Wrong. You and all your colleagues - who, like most normal ppl, hold no racist beliefs - must now undergo sensitivity training. "Goddammit Gary!"

So the first week of every September the company now carts you off to Holier Than Thou Social Justice Company Inc where they tell you "It's not cool to be a racist dick". You already knew that but ok... You get your free lunch and go back to work to catch up on the things you're now behind on because you were wasting business hours being punished for Gary's actions. And boss-man writes a fat check to Holier Than Thou Social Justice Company Inc for giving you that totally galaxy-brained lip service.

What did you gain? Do you think differently now? You don't feel different. Boss-man says it's still necessary though cause it's "Good PR" he then proceeds to pat himself on the back for single-handedly ending racism...

I am happy that the Red Wings have remained for the most part out of the limelight on all this nonsense. Always makes me proud to be a fan of an organization that keeps things classy and stays out of the media with unnecessary bull s***. Mike Babcock was mean to Franzen b4 anyone knew Franzen was having serious mental troubles, so there's that. But otherwise our noses seem to be clean. Furthermore, the Red Wings seemingly have never had any problem with having players from different backgrounds. We were deep into Soviet Russia and Europe b4 most teams. We have players who are white, black, or brown, doesn't matter. But for some reason, Yzerman and Blashill are now going to be forced to undergo diversity and inclusion training once a year because Bill Peters from the Calgary Flames said the N-word in the AHL 10 years ago. That's bull s***.

There is always going to be a 1% who say something stupid at work and/or hold screwy beliefs. Fire them and move on. I thought that was the time-tested and proven formula for dealing with these issues. Punishing the 99% of normal folks for Peters actions is beyond stupid and just a PR move by the league to prove to their select brain-deficient fans that hockey totally isn't racist anymore...

If 54 year old Steve Yzerman actually holds racist beliefs after all these years, then I'm sorry to tell you Mr. Bettman, but a training seminar once a year ain't gonna change him.

Furthermore, the anonymous tip line is completely potato brained as well. Every time Torts loses his head and goes off on one of his players is the NHL gonna get anonymous tips from butthurt players that Torts is a meanie? What are they gonna do with that info? Call Kekalainen and tell him he has to fire his coach? Do nothing? What if they get an anonymous tip that Torts said the N-word and Torts denies it with no other evidence? Demand his firing? Do nothing? What's to stop Franzen from making something up and anonymously reporting it to get Babs fired?

Congratulations we have now entered the era of walking on egg shells style coaching, unless the NHL is completely hollow in their promises, but in that case then whats the point of all this BS if only for show?

Working in healthcare I see these meetings/emails/etc all the time...Been doing this job for nearly 23 years, and worked in the same hospital where 80% of our patients are people of color, or have a different orientation, etc.

Goes back to when you were in Kindergarten...Be nice to people, do not judge others by their appearance, and treat them like how you would want to be treated.

Unfortunately our society if chock-full of imbeciles who tend to forget these very simple rules of life, and it only gives the libs all the more reason to act the way that they do...This country is going to $hit faster than anyone could have ever thought.

8 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Working in healthcare I see these meetings/emails/etc all the time...Been doing this job for nearly 23 years, and worked in the same hospital where 80% of our patients are people of color, or have a different orientation, etc.

Goes back to when you were in Kindergarten...Be nice to people, do not judge others by their appearance, and treat them like how you would want to be treated.

Unfortunately our society if chock-full of imbeciles who tend to forget these very simple rules of life, and it only gives the libs all the more reason to act the way that they do...This country is going to $hit faster than anyone could have ever thought.

People will always judge other people based on how they look. It's a hard truth, but it's truth.

We do it everyday. Rasmussen and Mantha are big and awesome. Hicketts is small and not awesome. Bertuzzi looks like a bad ass. Ericsson is a hottie. Jimmy Howard is fat.

I don't care that Daley and Bowey are black, or that Hirose is Asian, or that AA is Indian. Maybe Bill Peters does? That's his issue to sort out, and he's paying a pretty hefty price for it if so right now by losing his career in the NHL. I'm sure there's a lot of regret on his part.

The part that makes me mad, is now my GM and my coach have to have specialized inclusion training bc Peters is a prick. That logic doesn't flow.

I did something "racist" at work recently. I hired a Hispanic man over a black woman who was more qualified. I chose him over her because most of the accounts I was going to give him he will be dealing with other Hispanic men. I know that those accounts are going to respond positively to him face to face. People like dealing with people who are similar to themselves. It's why social mirroring is a thing. It's the reality pill.

15 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

People will always judge other people based on how they look. It's a hard truth, but it's truth.

We do it everyday. Rasmussen and Mantha are big and awesome. Hicketts is small and not awesome. Bertuzzi looks like a bad ass. Ericsson is a hottie. Jimmy Howard is fat.

I don't care that Daley and Bowey are black, or that Hirose is Asian, or that AA is Indian. Maybe Bill Peters does? That's his issue to sort out, and he's paying a pretty hefty price for it if so right now by losing his career in the NHL. I'm sure there's a lot of regret on his part.

The part that makes me mad, is now my GM and my coach have to have specialized inclusion training bc Peters is a prick. That logic doesn't flow.

I did something "racist" at work recently. I hired a Hispanic man over a black woman who was more qualified. I chose him over her because most of the accounts I was going to give him he will be dealing with other Hispanic men. I know that those accounts are going to respond positively to him face to face. People like dealing with people who are similar to themselves. It's why social mirroring is a thing. It's the reality pill.

BS.

You hired the Latino guy because you know his wife will send extra home made food with him to work that you can mooch off of.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

But them cocoa butter kisses....

My advice: hire ugly girls.

1. No allegations of sexism in hiring practices.

2. No exaggerated or outright false accusations of sexual harassment.

3. Less likely to take maternity leave.

4. Free kittens.

5. Homemade cookies.

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

My advice: hire ugly girls.

1. No allegations of sexism in hiring practices.

2. No exaggerated or outright false accusations of sexual harassment.

3. Less likely to take maternity leave.

4. Free kittens.

5. Homemade cookies.

But then I have to work with ugly ppl

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Call me a POS but I am vain AF. At the same time I feel like ugly people are the most shafted demographic in society. No ACLU vouching for the looks-challenged of this world. And everyone judges books by their covers.

Wow.