• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

God I hate ignorant ass posts about the griffins.

Cholowski has been awful for the Griffins. Turgeon has been awful. Pearson has been awful. Kuffner has been awful. None of these guys deserve a sideways look.

On the other hand Rasmussen has been excellent. Seider excellent. Terry excellent. Hirose excellent. Tangradi excellent. All 5 of those players are far more deserving of callups than Pearson or Turgeon.

This. I do hope Cholowski figures it out, as he is young enough to do so. He was thrust into the NHL way too soon anyway. We're lucky to have gotten Hronek out of that trade with Arizona, as that prevents us from having lost said trade.

Hoping Ras picks up where he left off on his return. He was a beast and we could use him down the middle next season, likely the 3rd line starting off. Between him and Veleno I have no doubt we will eventually have a second line center (assuming we draft wing or D with this years #1 pick). Veleno is further away sure, but  his WJC performance was promising. He just needs to take that and have a strong second half in GR.

Hirose is pretty soft, but should be fine as a middle 6 winger at some point. Terry and Tangradi are not NHLers and never will be. They suck.

All hail King Seider. 

Edited by marcaractac

God i hate ignorant ass posts about griffins from people claiming players are s*** despite not  even watching games 

Looks at stats ... tangredi  has 8 pts in 8 games hes excellent deserves a call up over younger guys with less ppg .... ignores hes 30 and a career ahler

Mmm ok

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

God i hate ignorant ass posts about griffins from people claiming players are s*** despite not  even watching games 

Looks at stats ... tangredi  has 8 pts in 8 games hes excellent deserves a call up over younger guys with less ppg .... ignores hes 30 and a career ahler

Mmm ok

giphy.gif

On 1/8/2020 at 8:34 AM, nyqvististhefuture said:

Mmm ok

U dont watch games. If u did ud realize how awful guys like Turgeon are. But u dont.

I dont expect tangradi or terry to ever make the wings but theyre great ahlers. 

Also i thought u were ignoring me cause of ur period or something? Did it pass finally?

Mentioned this in the GDT:

Kassian probably went overboard. He definitely disrespekted da code. But I don't even care. Going mercilessly HAM on a team's alpha after that alpha has taken at least two runs at you is pretty much the only form of deterrence that's actually worth a damn.

I unironically want Kassian in a Wings sweater next season. If we get Lafreniere, I unironically want Kassian playing on Lafreniere's line.

Edited by Dabura

I've always had somewhat of a hard on for Kassian. I like grinder types that can fit into a top6 when needed.

Good example of a player who overcame bad off ice problems too. Doesn't always feel like it, but those guys can be great role models of what not to do and how to fix it for younger guys.

I saw someone making this point: Are these not the exact same style of hits Raffi Torres used to level on people? Taking a bunch of strides and leveling someone behind the goal-line? Torres would get suspended every time for those but the league looks the other way on Tkachuk cause he's not a "goon". I'm not saying the league should suspend Tkachuk. I just want some consistency there. I think the league had it out for Torres really. Which is therefore racism because he's Mexican...

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I've always had somewhat of a hard on for Kassian. I like grinder types that can fit into a top6 when needed.

Good example of a player who overcame bad off ice problems too. Doesn't always feel like it, but those guys can be great role models of what not to do and how to fix it for younger guys.

By all accounts, Vanek was really good for our locker room, a solid veteran mentor. Maybe there was something to that. Maybe this team needs some weird uncles like Vanek, Ott, Witkowski. Filppula seems like a nice guy, but he also seems like a boring guy. Nemeth seems like a nice guy, but he also seems like a boring guy. Every veteran on our team seems pleasant and boring. Half of them are taking beatings every night and we just...kinda...take it. Because we're a team that is nice and boring and the Nielsens and Greens and Howards are just waiting for the sweet release of retirement at this point. Maybe Mantha's "FITE ME BRO" crusade is actually a cry for help.

Gimme some character. Gimme a pulse. Gimme some Weird Uncle Energy. Gimme some guys who will break your jaw for running our goalie or maybe even for no reason at all. Milquetoast Wings hockey was tolerable when we were still winning lots of games. We're not winning lots of games. Even if we get Lafreniere and add a good UFA or two, we still won't be anywhere near as deep as last season's Lightning...who, for all their high-end talent, got swept out of the first round by a blue-collar underdog team that knew how to jam and check high-end teams, because that's what Tortorella teams do.

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I saw someone making this point: Are these not the exact same style of hits Raffi Torres used to level on people? Taking a bunch of strides and leveling someone behind the goal-line? Torres would get suspended every time for those but the league looks the other way on Tkachuk cause he's not a "goon". I'm not saying the league should suspend Tkachuk. I just want some consistency there. I think the league had it out for Torres really. Which is therefore racism because he's Mexican...

Seems like Tkachuk is pretty good at walking the thin line of (il)legality. That first hit he put on Kassian last night technically isn't illegal and I'm not sure he was hoping for head trauma. Second one was boarding. I honestly can't remember Torres's worst infractions, so I dunno how Tkachuk's trademark antics stack up against Torres's. But I think Tkachuk does count as a star player and that probably gives him a layer of "suspension armor" that Torres was never going to own.

Edited by Dabura

13 minutes ago, Dabura said:

By all accounts, Vanek was really good for our locker room, a solid veteran mentor. Maybe there was something to that. Maybe this team needs some weird uncles like Vanek, Ott, Witkowski.

Considering he let both Vanek and Witkowski walk, Yzerman either disagrees, or wanted to see how the kids behaved when Uncle Tom and Uncle Luke ware away. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Considering he let both Vanek and Witkowski walk, Yzerman either disagrees, or wanted to see how the kids behaved when Uncle Tom and Uncle Luke ware away. 

Probably a bit of both, somewhere in the middle. I don't fault Yzerman for letting Vanek and Witkowski walk, regardless of his reasons, cuz Vanek is just too old and Witkowski is useless on the ice.

I guess what I'm saying is let's find some guys who bring the X factor intangibles to the table *and* can actually play regular shifts in the NHL.

Edited by Dabura

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Probably a bit of both, somewhere in the middle. I don't fault Yzerman for letting Vanek and Witkowski walk, regardless of his reasons, cuz Vanek is just too old and Witkowski is useless on the ice.

I guess what I'm saying is let's find some guys who bring the X factor intangibles to the table *and* can actually play regular shifts in the NHL.

Sure. Right after we find some guys with elite skill. 

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I don't think this team is missing any sort of locker room presence or any other intangibles per se. I think the biggest thing this team is lacking, is talent.

To be fair to @Dabura I wasn't trying to say this team doesn't need those types of players. And I don't think he was saying that signing said players should be THE priority. 

I'm just saying that this team sucks because it SUCKS. 

50 minutes ago, Dabura said:

By all accounts, Vanek was really good for our locker room, a solid veteran mentor. Maybe there was something to that. Maybe this team needs some weird uncles like Vanek, Ott, Witkowski. Filppula seems like a nice guy, but he also seems like a boring guy. Nemeth seems like a nice guy, but he also seems like a boring guy. Every veteran on our team seems pleasant and boring. Half of them are taking beatings every night and we just...kinda...take it. Because we're a team that is nice and boring and the Nielsens and Greens and Howards are just waiting for the sweet release of retirement at this point. Maybe Mantha's "FITE ME BRO" crusade is actually a cry for help.

Gimme some character. Gimme a pulse. Gimme some Weird Uncle Energy. Gimme some guys who will break your jaw for running our goalie or maybe even for no reason at all. Milquetoast Wings hockey was tolerable when we were still winning lots of games. We're not winning lots of games. Even if we get Lafreniere and add a good UFA or two, we still won't be anywhere near as deep as last season's Lightning...who, for all their high-end talent, got swept out of the first round by a blue-collar underdog team that knew how to jam and check high-end teams, because that's what Tortorella teams do.

Seems like Tkachuk is pretty good at walking the thin line of (il)legality. That first hit he put on Kassian last night technically isn't illegal and I'm not sure he was hoping for head trauma. Second one was boarding. I honestly can't remember Torres's worst infractions, so I dunno how Tkachuk's trademark antics stack up against Torres's. But I think Tkachuk does count as a star player and that probably gives him a layer of "suspension armor" that Torres was never going to own.

I imagine the true leader in the lockeroom is Glendening right now which is why he got the A. Rest of the team is young or career below average boring pros. Mike Green is a hipster doofus. Howard's fat. Dekseyser is always injured. Helm is boring. Abby is washed up.

Glendog appears to be a model professional, but has zero charisma.

This is the year we sorta needed an Alfredsson, uncle Todd, or Otter fersure. I definitely agree there. Yzerman may have underestimated how much character our lockerroom truly lacks when he first joined.

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I imagine the true leader in the lockeroom is Glendening right now which is why he got the A. Rest of the team is young or career below average boring pros. Mike Green is a hipster doofus. Howard's fat. Dekseyser is always injured. Helm is boring. Abby is washed up.

This is the year we sorta needed an Alfredsson, uncle Todd, or Otter fersure. I definitely agree there. Yzerman may have underestimated how much character our lockerroom truly lacks when he first joined.

Dude, you could put a 35 year old Mark Messier on this team and they'd still be record terrible. 

12 hours ago, Dabura said:

All the money. All the term. Give it to him. Please.

Seriously?

The guy's twice the size as Tkachuk. Both hits were clean. He can't keep his cool. Lays a beating. Gets a double minor. Team gets game winner on power play. Says even though they lost he'd do it all again. THEN he calls the guy a ***** on TV. Not a good look. 

I don't want Zack Kassian on this team. Take the hits like a man. But I guess I'm in the minority here. 

18 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

For Stevie, I think it's all about seeing what kind of character is in the locker room this season. 

On the bright side, Lafreniere has a reputation for being a great locker room presence.

I do hate that Abby still gets an A 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Considering they recalled Sandin to fill the void and he's like the next Lidstrom or whatever, they're probably not interested in Green 

Your probably right , im sure rivers cuomo is looking at his pie charts now to determine who to trade for and considering green doesnt have the pts hes no where in sight anyways 

im sure we’ll find some contender to take him though , sadly should have happened 3 years ago and returned us a 1st . Oh well