• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Seriously?

The guy's twice the size as Tkachuk. Both hits were clean. He can't keep his cool. Lays a beating. Gets a double minor. Team gets game winner on power play. Says even though they lost he'd do it all again. THEN he calls the guy a ***** on TV. Not a good look. 

I don't want Zack Kassian on this team. Take the hits like a man. But I guess I'm in the minority here.

cry moar

14 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Your probably right , im sure rivers cuomo is looking at his pie charts now to determine who to trade for and considering green doesnt have the pts hes no where in sight anyways

Say it ain't so! :lol:

I'm going to assume this Joe Louis guy's tweet is just worded weirdly and that he's the one who's bringing Kapanen into the equation. I can't imagine Ferraro would say, with a straight face, "How about Bernier and Daley for Kapanen and a prospect."

Can I get a Canadian friend to confirm/deny?

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, there's no way that can be accurate...

Even if Ferraro / O'Neill did say it, no way Dubas would do it...

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0ZMtPL56xwH3qKjvWmalyZ?si=Ko9xknxDR-W_S_Lc8xfHXQ

around the 18 minute mark ..... honestly im not a kapanen fan i think hes just getting his 20 goals playing with all those offensive guys and i know we suck now but i cant see him being better than what we have coming in the next 2 years so id personally flip him right away if it was a reality for picks 

anyways i agree with you the gm wouldnt make the move anyways, just some leafs fans bitching cause they realize the team is gonna waste away matthew’s years 

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0ZMtPL56xwH3qKjvWmalyZ?si=Ko9xknxDR-W_S_Lc8xfHXQ

around the 18 minute mark ..... honestly im not a kapanen fan i think hes just getting his 20 goals playing with all those offensive guys and i know we suck now but i cant see him being better than what we have coming in the next 2 years so id personally flip him right away if it was a reality for picks 

anyways i agree with you the gm wouldnt make the move anyways, just some leafs fans bitching cause they realize the team is gonna waste away matthew’s years 

Kapanen is a really good young player. He'd be a huge addition to this team's top 6, and he's also a much needed right-handed winger. If we were able to acquire him, no way should we flip him for picks...

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Kapanen is a really good young player. He'd be a huge addition to this team's top 6, and he's also a much needed right-handed winger. If we were able to acquire him, no way should we flip him for picks...

Expected you to disagree on this one, not a fan of him and id just ship right away for picks . Dont think hes anything special and just fortunate to be on a strong top 6 in toronto 

20 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Expected you to disagree on this one, not a fan of him and id just ship right away for picks . Dont think hes anything special and just fortunate to be on a strong top 6 in toronto 

Is the goal not to have a strong top 6 (like Toronto)? He's proven he can play and produce with those types of players. No, he's not anything "special", but he's a very good middle six winger. We don't have a single player in the organization like him (skilled right-handed winger).

I'll never get your obsession with draft picks... Always take the sure thing, over a crapshoot draft pick. What picks would you expect to get in return for Kapanen? A 2nd round pick? And then what? Hope we pick a 17/18 year old kid that *might* be as good as Kapanen in 3-5 years? It doesn't make any sense to trade a skilled 23 year old player for draft picks.

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Is the goal not to have a strong top 6 (like Toronto)? He's proven he can play and produce with those types of players. No, he's not anything "special", but he's a very good middle six winger. We don't have a single player in the organization like him (skilled right-handed winger).

I'll never get your obsession with draft picks... Always take the sure thing, over a crapshoot draft pick. What picks would you expect to get in return for Kapanen? A 2nd round pick? And then what? Hope we pick a 17/18 year old kid that *might* be as good as Kapanen in 3-5 years? It doesn't make any sense to trade a skilled 23 year old player for draft picks.

Yes The main goal is to have a top 6 like toronto ,and how we gonna get there? The draft is the way to get there ...im not looking at him cause hes a right handed winger im trying to find a way to land superstar players and the draft is the only way to do that unless a ufa comes which wont happen or we trade for a young kid before he turns into one

You see him as a top 6 but id see him as a 3rd liner in a few years here , i dont know why anyone would be overly excited over a player who gets 15-20 goals and 40 pts (on a way much better team than ours btw)

If hes a redwing and in our top 6 in 3-5 years we’ll still be missing the playoffs , so yes im an idiot for wanting as many picks as possible and hoping we strike gold. Im just not a kapanen fan

Anyways this bernier+daley for kapanen talk is just nonsense as dubas would never trade him away for 2 ufa’s 

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Yes The main goal is to have a top 6 like toronto ,and how we gonna get there? The draft is the way to get there ...im not looking at him cause hes a right handed winger im trying to find a way to land superstar players and the draft is the only way to do that unless a ufa comes which wont happen or we trade for a young kid before he turns into one

Yes, the draft is the way to get there, but you're not likely to land superstar talent in the 2nd round. Everyone was super excited to get Berggren in the 2nd round two years ago. He's a good prospect, but we'll be lucky if he ever becomes as good as Kapanen (middle six winger).

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You see him as a top 6 but id see him as a 3rd liner in a few years here , i dont know why anyone would be overly excited over a player who gets 15-20 goals and 40 pts (on a way much better team than ours btw)

If hes a redwing and in our top 6 in 3-5 years we’ll still be missing the playoffs , so yes im an idiot for wanting as many picks as possible and hoping we strike gold. Im just not a kapanen fan

I see him as a middle six winger, but if he's on our 3rd line in a few years, that's some great depth. He's played mostly on the Leafs 2nd line this season with Tavares and Nylander. The Leafs are a playoff team. But if he's on our 2nd line in a few years, we won't be a playoff team? Explain that logic...

No one would be "overly excited" about Kapanen, but if we could get him relatively cheap, it could turn out to be another Fabbri type deal. But I'm sure you'd be okay with flipping Fabbri for picks as well...

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, the draft is the way to get there, but you're not likely to land superstar talent in the 2nd round. Everyone was super excited to get Berggren in the 2nd round two years ago. He's a good prospect, but we'll be lucky if he ever becomes as good as Kapanen (middle six winger).

I see him as a middle six winger, but if he's on our 3rd line in a few years, that's some great depth. He's played mostly on the Leafs 2nd line this season with Tavares and Nylander. The Leafs are a playoff team. But if he's on our 2nd line in a few years, we won't be a playoff team? Explain that logic...

No one would be "overly excited" about Kapanen, but if we could get him relatively cheap, it could turn out to be another Fabbri type deal. But I'm sure you'd be okay with flipping Fabbri for picks as well...

I would welcome the addition of Kapanen to this team.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes we’re likely not to draft a star in the 2nd round but if we have 3-4 cracks at it our chances increase . Theres always players that slip through the cracks , now i don’t know if he’ll be an nhler or how good he will be but i really wanted fagemo with our 2nd rounder last year and he finished on top at the world juniors in pts .

I just want as much picks as possible in the top 2 rounds to increase our chances of getting great players cause no one will trade those players

I don’t see kapanen as anything special that’s all ,id see our #1 line bert/lar/man ahead of him +zadina,veleno,1st next draft and then theres a bunch of kids fighting for spots like rasmussen so he’d be a 3rd liner .

And yes to fabbri , ive obviously said it here already countless times i would . He’s been a good player im not  disputing that, i just dont think im convinced after 29 games he’s legit and will stay healthy . If you want any more proof of how s*** changes quick look at my username and rememeber when nyquist was scoring like crazy in a span of 40 games . I just dont believe hes a part of our future , we’ll see

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Any of the 30 other teams in the league would welcome the addition of a young middle six winger capable of 50 points.

Im capable of running a marathon doesnt mean i will 

27 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Yes we’re likely not to draft a star in the 2nd round but if we have 3-4 cracks at it our chances increase . Theres always players that slip through the cracks , now i don’t know if he’ll be an nhler or how good he will be but i really wanted fagemo with our 2nd rounder last year and he finished on top at the world juniors in pts .

Sure, but you're not getting 3-4 cracks at it from this one hypothetical trade. If you're suggesting we trade Kapanen (hypothetical), Fabbri and Athanasiou for three 2nd round picks, to "increase our odds of drafting a star in the 2nd round", you're out to lunch altogether. Sure, we *might* get one player as good as one of those three players, but what's the point? If you want to add more picks, we need to trade away older rental pieces, not young pieces, that could potentially be a part of this team's core.

43 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I just want as much picks as possible in the top 2 rounds to increase our chances of getting great players cause no one will trade those players

Maybe we should trade Bertuzzi and Hronek. Imagine how many 2nd round picks we could get trading those two players...

44 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I don’t see kapanen as anything special that’s all ,id see our #1 line bert/lar/man ahead of him +zadina,veleno,1st next draft and then theres a bunch of kids fighting for spots like rasmussen so he’d be a 3rd liner .

Again, no one is saying he's anything special, but he's a hell of a lot more valuable than a 2nd round pick. And again, if Kapanen is on our 3rd line in 2 years time, that's a great 3rd line winger.

45 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

And yes to fabbri , ive obviously said it here already countless times i would . He’s been a good player im not  disputing that, i just dont think im convinced after 29 games he’s legit and will stay healthy . If you want any more proof of how s*** changes quick look at my username and rememeber when nyquist was scoring like crazy in a span of 40 games . I just dont believe hes a part of our future , we’ll see

Fabbri absolutely is a legit middle six winger. Nyquist was / is also a legit middle six winger. Every team needs those type players.

47 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Im capable of running a marathon doesnt mean i will 

Are you though?

Kapanen was on a 46 point pace last season, and is currently on a 50 point pace this season. He's 23 years old. I'm sure he'll hit 40-50+ points throughout his prime. That's solid middle six production. A lot better than you can hope for from a 2nd round pick...

19 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Sure, but you're not getting 3-4 cracks at it from this one hypothetical trade. If you're suggesting we trade Kapanen (hypothetical), Fabbri and Athanasiou for three 2nd round picks, to "increase our odds of drafting a star in the 2nd round", you're out to lunch altogether. Sure, we *might* get one player as good as one of those three players, but what's the point? If you want to add more picks, we need to trade away older rental pieces, not young pieces, that could potentially be a part of this team's core.

Maybe we should trade Bertuzzi and Hronek. Imagine how many 2nd round picks we could get trading those two players...

Again, no one is saying he's anything special, but he's a hell of a lot more valuable than a 2nd round pick. And again, if Kapanen is on our 3rd line in 2 years time, that's a great 3rd line winger.

Fabbri absolutely is a legit middle six winger. Nyquist was / is also a legit middle six winger. Every team needs those type players.

Are you though?

Kapanen was on a 46 point pace last season, and is currently on a 50 point pace this season. He's 23 years old. I'm sure he'll hit 40-50+ points throughout his prime. That's solid middle six production. A lot better than you can hope for from a 2nd round pick...

Now your just being ridiculous , hronek and bertuzzi are obviously a part of this teams future core so i would nevee suggest to trade them . AA is obviously on the block and theres been rumors for a long time about a 1st being involved . Would stevie be an idiot for trading AA for a 27th pick lets say and hope that young player actually plays in the nhl? (Id much rathee have a bean or some young top prospect but that likely wont occur)

Sorry Im not gonna get carried away on fabbri after just 29 games , he’s been good thus far but i cant envision him being here in 2-3 years

We’ll see if he hits 50 and i suspect he’ll be sniffing around but dont forget hes got Tavares marner matthews nylander , he should be going for close to 30 goals . Our team is nowhere near as good and if he came here  he wouldnt get close to 50 pts . Whats the point of drafting past the first round ? Might as well ship off our 2nds and go for 15 goal scorers cause apparently thats what we’re aiming for now  

Anyways we disagree yet again , i don’t even see the point in this discussing this anyways as theres a 0% chance the leafs will trade for bernier/daley/green 

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/kassian-on-suspension-have-to-respect-the-league-s-decision-but-i-d-do-it-all-over-again~1875525

Kasian on the suspension. "I'd do it all again". What a dummy. 

Mathew Tkachuk is a evil genius.  

They suspended him only 2 games just in time to play calgary again . Bettman wants chaos 

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Now your just being ridiculous , hronek and bertuzzi are obviously a part of this teams future core so i would nevee suggest to trade them . AA is obviously on the block and theres been rumors for a long time about a 1st being involved . Would stevie be an idiot for trading AA for a 27th pick lets say and hope that young player actually plays in the nhl? (Id much rathee have a bean or some young top prospect but that likely wont occur)

No, what's ridiculous is advocating trading proven middle six wingers (Kapanen (hypothetical) and Fabbri) just entering their prime for draft picks. It's dumb.

Trade Athanasiou for a late 1st, and "hope that young player actually plays in the NHL". I think you're actually getting the part about "hope", because a 2nd round pick is far from a guarantee, but what do you mean by "actually plays in the NHL. Isn't Athanasiou actually playing in the NHL?

Don't get me wrong, if we could get a 1st round pick for Athanasiou, I'd pull the trigger, but only because I see him as a major liability defensively, and I don't see Yzerman keeping him around long-term.

17 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Sorry Im not gonna get carried away on fabbri after just 29 games , he’s been good thus far but i cant envision him being here in 2-3 years

No one's getting carried away after 29 games, but Fabbri, as he is right now, is more valuable to this team (any team) than a 2nd round pick.

18 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We’ll see if he hits 50 and i suspect he’ll be sniffing around but dont forget hes got Tavares marner matthews nylander , he should be going for close to 30 goals . Our team is nowhere near as good and if he came here  he wouldnt get close to 50 pts . Whats the point of drafting past the first round ? Might as well ship off our 2nds and go for 15 goal scorers cause apparently thats what we’re aiming for now 

What does him playing with these players have to do with anything? Again, do we not want to strive to be as good as (or better than) the Leafs? Kapanen (or similar player) should have plenty of high end talented players to play with in a few years.

Now you're just using hyperbole... I'm not saying we don't need 2nd round (or later) picks. I'm saying proven players in their prime are always more valuable than these picks. But yes, I would trade a 2nd round pick straight up for Kapanen (or similar player) right now. I even advocated offer sheeting him last summer, in which the compensation would have been a 2nd round pick.

28 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/kassian-on-suspension-have-to-respect-the-league-s-decision-but-i-d-do-it-all-over-again~1875525

Kasian on the suspension. "I'd do it all again". What a dummy. 

Mathew Tkachuk is a evil genius.  

It's like he's learned nothing from being in the same division as Matt Tkachuk and Doughty

Kassian: "U better not do that again"

Tkachuk:

HugeWigglyKid-size_restricted.gif

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's like he's learned nothing from being in the same division as Matt Tkachuk and Doughty

Kassian: "U better not do that again"

Tkachuk:

HugeWigglyKid-size_restricted.gif

Which is why the whole "I want a guy like Kassian on my team" is silly

I actually want a guy like Tkachuk on my team. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Which is why the whole "I want a guy like Kassian on my team" is silly

I actually want a guy like Tkachuk on my team. 

Oh I'd much prefer a Tkachuk as well

The thing I like about Matt is that most of the time it seems like he's targeting other teams stars, like Doughty. Whereas Marchand is just licking everybody.

So Doughty has his little tantrum (which is hilarious to see from a star player) and then Tkachuk targets him again on the very next play lol

Cojones

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Oh I'd much prefer a Tkachuk as well

The thing I like about Matt is that most of the time it seems like he's targeting other teams stars, like Doughty. Whereas Marchand is just licking everybody.

So Doughty has his little tantrum (which is hilarious to see from a star player) and then Tkachuk targets him again on the very next play lol

Cojones

He's got that entire Oilers team in a knot right now. It's beautiful. If I were Tippett I wouldn't allow it. 

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He's got that entire Oilers team in a knot right now. It's beautiful. If I were Tippett I wouldn't allow it.

Holy crap you're not kidding. I looked at an Oilers board. Literally the first 15 threads/topics were about Tkachuk and Kassian lmao

Draisatl saying he will refuse to skate with Tkachuk at the ASG
James Neal going on about a gutless hit
Kassian saying I'll do it again among other things

So Edmonton takes a penalty on the play. Kassian gets suspended for the play. And the whole team has a total meltdown over the play.

Tkachuk must be laughing his balls off. He's living rent free in their heads.

I will def be watching the rematch on the 29th lol

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Holy crap you're not kidding. I looked at an Oilers board. Literally the first 15 threads/topics were about Tkachuk and Kassian lmao

Draisatl saying he will refuse to skate with Tkachuk at the ASG
James Neal going on about a gutless hit
Kassian saying I'll do it again among other things

So Edmonton takes a penalty on the play. Kassian gets suspended for the play. And the whole team has a total meltdown over the play.

Tkachuk must be laughing his balls off. He's living rent free in their heads.

I will def be watching the rematch on the 29th lol

And those hits were clean. Looked bad because Kassian wears a walnut shell, fastened by half-pound test fishing line, for a helmet. 

This is the beginning of the end of the Oilers season IMO. 

I'm actually astounded that GM Holland hasn't sent a STFU!! memo down to the dressing room. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans